Star Ace/X-Plus Bela Lugosi White Zombie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, anyone pulling the trigger for one of these? I find it surprising there is no thread for this yet. I want to preface my observations with this: I think this has a lot going for it, despite the ever accelerating SRP on items such as these. I also think after pre-ordering and pre-paying for the Kaustic Plastik Bela Lugosi Dracula Deluxe, that I will be sitting this one out.

Here are my observations, and pics of the product.

1. Where is Bela's ring? He wore a ring in White Zombie and its clearly visible in most scenes.
2. Why does he have a raven? The character is followed about by a Vulture in the film.

Annex+-+Lugosi,+Bela+(White+Zombie)_NRFPT_02.jpg
9237654629f566d4f38ccda13b66b959.jpg
download (1).jpg

murder-legendre-deluxe-version_white-zombie_gallery_61f05d01093e8.jpg
murder-legendre-deluxe-version_white-zombie_gallery_61f05d0216368.jpg
murder-legendre-deluxe-version_white-zombie_gallery_61f05d0265780.jpg
murder-legendre-deluxe-version_white-zombie_gallery_61f05d0216368.jpg

Attachments

• murder-legendre-deluxe-version_white-zombie_gallery_61f05d0367a66.jpg
    murder-legendre-deluxe-version_white-zombie_gallery_61f05d0367a66.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 17
So, anyone pulling the trigger for one of these? I find it surprising there is no thread for this yet. I want to preface my observations with this: I think this has a lot going for it, despite the ever accelerating SRP on items such as these. I also think after pre-ordering and pre-paying for the Kaustic Plastik Bela Lugosi Dracula Deluxe, that I will be sitting this one out.

Here are my observations, and pics of the product.

1. Where is Bela's ring? He wore a ring in White Zombie and its clearly visible in most scenes.
2. Why does he have a raven? The character is followed about by a Vulture in the film.

I made some observations on this on the thread on the OneSixthFigures forum:

The base of the lamp is wrong, and the birds in the film are supposed to be vultures, not crows.

"A cloud of vultures always hovers over the house of the living dead."

vlcsna10.jpg

vlcsna12.jpg

vlcsna11.jpg

vlcsna14.jpg

vlcsna13.jpg

Also, the layout and copyright information is very similar to KP's Bela Dracula, and Star Ace is marked only as the distributor. Can't tell if the "Distributed by" also covers X-Plus, or whether the latter is supposed to be the actual maker.

With KP's figures the license is for the actor likeness rather than the film, which explains certain differences with the accessories (such as Dracula's coffin). Even the name 'Dracula' is used as the term "Bela Lugosi as Dracula" under the Lugosi LLC copyright.

White Zombie is apparently in the public domain so Star Ace were able to reference it without copyright concerns. Therefore there shouldn't be any need to make the lamps different or the vulture as a crow.

Star Ace have also used "Bela Lugosi as Murder Legendre" under the Lugosi LLC copyright in the exact same manner as KP.

KP may be behind this in some way, as they are with the Stallone Shop figures. However, looking at the Bela Lugosi site there's no mention of KP, Star Ace or X-Plus on the licensing page:

Licensing – Bela Lugosi – The Official Site

The Star Ace and X-Plus sites don't have any reference to this figure either.

Glad to know I am not the only one who noticed they were giving us the wrong bird,lol. I hadn't noticed the lamp. I am sitting this one out.

I'm in. It sucks about those obvious mistakes, but I don't need the bird for my display nor do I need to display his hand where it is visible. It's the best White Zombie collectible so far, and for that I'm a buyer. Plus I might be able to find a 1:6 vulture somewhere if I really wanted to.

Love the movie and the figure. But with Dracula already pre-ordered the price point on this one makes it a pass for me. Although I'd still have a problem at $300+ even if I didn't have Dracula ordered.

I know Star Ace’s reputation, does anyone have any insight on the XPLUS? Is this a collaboration?

I know Star Ace’s reputation, does anyone have any insight on the XPLUS? Is this a collaboration?

Star Ace is X-Plus. They are different branches of the same company. X-Plus primarily does vinyl figures and are well known for their fantastic Godzilla and Ultraman lines.

Star Ace is X-Plus. They are different branches of the same company. X-Plus primarily does vinyl figures and are well known for their fantastic Godzilla and Ultraman lines.
Oh. Well I suppose that’s not great news. If the final product is anything like the proto this is a win. I will have to wait for production piece photos first. Freakin’ Star Ace.

I’ve been collecting vinyl Godzilla/Kaiju X-Plus figures for about 2 years and I’ve never been disappointed. I’m not so sure about 1/6 figures. If it’s a vinyl figure of a model or resin kit? It’ll probably be top notch.

I’ve been collecting vinyl Godzilla/Kaiju X-Plus figures for about 2 years and I’ve never been disappointed. I’m not so sure about 1/6 figures. If it’s a vinyl figure of a model or resin kit? It’ll probably be top notch.
Not sure about the details but from what I’ve observed from their previous 1/6 scale figure work, their prototype looks off and their production piece is worse. It’s odd their proto looks so good, has many wondering if the final product can resemble it.

Not sure about the details but from what I’ve observed from their previous 1/6 scale figure work, their prototype looks off and their production piece is worse. It’s odd their proto looks so good, has many wondering if the final product can resemble it.
I looked on Sideshow and they specifically say it is a Star Ace figure. That would make me be cautious enough. X-Plus hasn’t been pushing the figure at recent conventions either.

:unsure:

Star Ace Toys Ltd

Yesterday at 04:04 ·

We are working on improving the production paint for our 1/6 figures. This is the production paint for the upcoming Murder Legendre.

ml.jpg

9 comments

Comments​

All comments

Emre Boran
Please stop making figures!

Alan Stewart
Sorry guys I thought it was going to be a Klingon Warrior, from the original series....
🫤

InÊs Martins
Need to hire a new painter

ElDesván DeDaynilia
go your way, don't let us down

May be an image of 1 person

Dang Le
Bad painting. This is a disrespect to the late Bela Lugosi

Joe Ficeto
Fix his eyes!

Heidi Hussong
You urgently need new scupltors and painters!

Ryan Bijan
Will the Black and White version be available at the same time?

Jason Jaeckel
The one on the right is cross eyed
🤦🏼‍♂️

Attachments

• ml.jpg
    ml.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1
Bela Lugosi had icy, piercing BLUE eyes. Amber is a terrible color choice for a "realistic" figure. They also need to turn the bird into a Vulture and give the figure the ring he wears in the bloody film. As if to add insult to injury, they actually include a lifesize replica (supposedly) of the ring he wears in the film with the b/w edition figure. Yet its not on the actual collectible's hand,lol. If this were a $40 NECA figure, such things would be overlooked I suspect. For a $400 figure....perfection is necessary. I love Bela, but this isn't going into my collection unless these things are remedied.

EDIT: If anyone wishes to point these things out (I don't have Facebook) feel free.

Bela Lugosi had icy, piercing BLUE eyes. Amber is a terrible color choice for a "realistic" figure. They also need to turn the bird into a Vulture and give the figure the ring he wears in the bloody film. As if to add insult to injury, they actually include a lifesize replica (supposedly) of the ring he wears in the film with the b/w edition figure. Yet its not on the actual collectible's hand,lol. If this were a $40 NECA figure, such things would be overlooked I suspect. For a $400 figure....perfection is necessary. I love Bela, but this isn't going into my collection unless these things are remedied.

EDIT: If anyone wishes to point these things out (I don't have Facebook) feel free.
Technically you can buy the standard version for about $275, but your points are all valid.

REVIEW SPOT has a video on youtube of the figure. Dang shame they fixed nothing discussed, and screwed up the eye color from the correct blue that was on the prototype to this drab, jaundiced color instead,

That review did not really sell the figure. Hopefully it can be futz to look better. He looks awkward in every single shot.
I'm keeping my eye on this one to see if it sits around for a bit and get's marked down in the future. If not, I'll live.

I'm keeping my eye on this one to see if it sits around for a bit and get's marked down in the future. If not, I'll live.
That's the way I feel about it. I have $75 worth of rewards points at Sideshow, so its always possible I might eventually. Or not. I could go with the Black and White one if I decided to "bite". That would remove the need for the (color) bases, and get around the terribly incorrect eye color issue.

Back