Stallone line - First Blood Rambo released

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as all the hoopla with Dick and the underwhelming paint and sculpt have bothered me I've been tempted to purchase. I've held strong so far. I have the original HT version and I'm pleased with the overall look of that figure. I think I just need the sculpt. Just not sure this is the one I need.

I held out as long as I could.
I re-watched Justin & Dean's videos... I revisited the Sly Shop's page to analyze the contents... I feel like somehow, at some point somewhere down the road regret would set in if I passed it up. Too much history with the character to let an "officially-official" version in this iconic look pass by!

I sold off my HT Rambo collection a decade ago and I don't miss them too much - with ThreeZero's offerings and now this, I owe it to myself to dive back in. If you decide to stay strong, I'll post some pics once I receive him. According to that same Instagram post @MaulFan quoted, preorders are shipping end of Nov (if all goes to plan, of course).

I am all in on Sly.

Many of his movies lack great figures.
Hot Toys were done too long ago and dont look great by today's standards.

My understanding is Rambo ships in November and Cobra late next Summer. After I get my Rambo figure, I will gauge if its time to sink funds into Cobra.

You are correct - in that recent Insta post, they were undergoing QC checks, aiming to ship "late November" (obviously that could change, but the intention is for next month).

Forgive me for posting this here but my plan is to get the sly shop head and the jacket and bag parted out to use as alt items for this. If I feel the head is better I’ll also get a second to replace it with this either add real hair or modify the sculpted hair because I like the way it looks even if it’s the dry/puffy look. Either way I know it will need a repaint.

This is one of those figures I hope to be upgrading through the years. We need a better portrait. If it’s not the sly shop Rambo then I am eyeing the Cobra head, to me it looks to have the most potential for a young Sylvester that we have seen so far. I tried to pull as much likeness out of this as I could. it's a flawed sculpt.

JOHN RAMBO

Repaint: #RFCustomfigures (me)
Hair: #RFCustomfigures (me)
Body: Wolverine with Thor arms bulk added to lats and thighs, paint weathering by #RFCustomfigures (me)
Metal Bullets: Ebay
The Rest: Threezero (clothes weathered by me)

Well, HIYA Toys have updated their line (not sure if we previously discussed?) but instead of 3-3/4”, Rambo is now 6.3” scale, $79.99 USD, anticipated Q2 2023…

ABC42F3B-B866-4EF0-9147-B75C596195A5.jpeg
870EB251-7563-4803-BEDC-08C305E1CC5C.jpeg
07CDB14A-A90B-4EC1-BC7A-D34A966C460E.jpeg
B57A7E1F-E832-429F-8BBE-C914C46FB488.jpeg

It's like having a real-life Rocky in your home......:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 0