Stallone line - First Blood Rambo released

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a big problem here that's being a bit overlooked is, as Wor-Gar said: Stallone signed off on it.

This is the key to why it looks the way it does. No, it's not accurate to the actual person at the time, but it's what the actual person WANTS his depiction to look like. The man is obviously very attentive to his physical appearance; to his detriment from the look of the latest surgeries. But if you were to make a likeness of him that he was signing off on, I guarantee you whatever Kaustik Plastic brought to the table was reworked many, many times before he was happy with it.

Having his name on it in his own shop has me thinking the full control over the end product is a situation where his happiness and ego is far more important than screen accurate comparisons.
Stallone needs thicker glasses if what he sees in this figure is a good likeness of him in 82. I don't care how he sees himself now. He's better looking then than this figure.

I think a big problem here that's being a bit overlooked is, as Wor-Gar said: Stallone signed off on it.

This is the key to why it looks the way it does. No, it's not accurate to the actual person at the time, but it's what the actual person WANTS his depiction to look like. The man is obviously very attentive to his physical appearance; to his detriment from the look of the latest surgeries. But if you were to make a likeness of him that he was signing off on, I guarantee you whatever Kaustik Plastic brought to the table was reworked many, many times before he was happy with it.

Having his name on it in his own shop has me thinking the full control over the end product is a situation where his happiness and ego is far more important than screen accurate comparisons.
I bet he paid extra attention to the likeness on the frying pans and socks aswell. Sorry but no this is down to the sculptor. Yes he may have signed off on it, but dont think stallone gave this much thought.
In the vid unboxing it he says its been 2 years in development other statues/dolls have come close yada yada blah blah.
Finally we got it right.
No you didnt, no they did not...i did not hit her i did not.😄
He looks bored fed up with the whole thing and when he says "seriously" it made me laugh as it sounded like
"Seriously?"2 years for this?

I think this whole baby was managed by nick along with the other merch on the store.
Seriously who is buying all that cr🤑p?
I love first blood and rocky.
Even went to see First Blood at the cinema last night.
Was great to finally see it at the cinema as it was the first film we had on video back in 82/83 on release.
I wanted to get this figure support this venture but now I am totally against it.
Not because I am a troll 🤔but maybe a bit too obsessive about getting this figure right.😍
If anybody could you would think a team headed by rambo himself could right?
Unfortunately no, as it is just more merch to peddle and seriously think it lessens the brand that is Rockbo.
Funny to think of the actual character of rambo working in marketing.
"All I wanted was a 1/6 figure of myself, but the man get pushing frying pans sir"😄Ok now I am in troll mode.🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑

I do think thats a production piece and its not worth the price tag and import fees if you are in the uk
Completely agree! For those of us that are in the uk it’s just not worth the price of the figure and shipping fees/import fees. And I can’t put my finger on it but there’s something off about the details or expression in the face. I’ll be keeping an eye out for the Rocky line tho. If the Rocky line is anything like this I suppose it will be worth the fees etc I’ve been wanting a decent Rocky figure for quite sometime as the HT figure just isn’t that good compared to what we get today and the prices are just ridiculous. Also if dean knight did get this figure for £00.00 well off-course he’s going to be a-little more biased. Just my two-cents.

Completely agree! For those of us that are in the uk it’s just not worth the price of the figure and shipping fees/import fees. And I can’t put my finger on it but there’s something off about the details or expression in the face. I’ll be keeping an eye out for the Rocky line tho. If the Rocky line is anything like this I suppose it will be worth the fees etc I’ve been wanting a decent Rocky figure for quite sometime as the HT figure just isn’t that good compared to what we get today and the prices are just ridiculous. Also if dean knight did get this figure for £00.00 well off-course he’s going to be a-little more biased. Just my two-cents.
The kaustic plastik one and Johnnie chungkinmen ones were pretty good, not perfect especially the clothing on the sweat pants too tappered.
Present toys I think or some other 3rd party company were doing a clone( same tight sweat pants, get it right)😡
The sculpt was a recast of the kaustic one I think with a bit of a tweak.
Nick C slapped them with an injunction.
Boy wants all the sly merch to himself so that may be the only option... will have to wait and see. If this debacle is anything to go by i'll pass.

I think the sculpt could definitely be better, but otherwise the figure looks good to me. I don’t quite get the hate. The price is high, but most of these figures are to begin with.

I don't think it's hate; it's frustration. Well, hate for Nick which is well deserved. The figure is just okay. Aside from the stupid...and I mean stuuupppiidd..mouth of Nick with his fantasy figure this figure should have been better. Especially coming from Stallone. Who you would think would want a great product put out, or maybe he doesn't care. I don't know. Of course this is better than HT's. That came out in 2007. ****, it better be better. By today's standards, however, this is middle of the road work, if that. I don't think I want to pay $260 for middle of the road. 3rd party companies are doing better work than this.

Stallone needs thicker glasses if what he sees in this figure is a good likeness of him in 82. I don't care how he sees himself now. He's better looking then than this figure.
He was. Now that p3ss3ssod mentioned it, I can't unsee 2022 Stallone's eyes on this figure's head.

Of course this is better than HT's. That came out in 2007. ****, it better be better. By today's standards, however, this is middle of the road work, if that. I don't think I want to pay $260 for middle of the road. 3rd party companies are doing better work than this.
To be completely honest I dont think it is better than the hot toys m65 jacket version.
Hear me out I know the paint is dated, so is the sculpt, but its still a better likeness.
The knifes much better and accurate although the ht one does have 12 teeth.
Technically inaccurate to the film which had 13 but the knife maker jimmy lyle changed it to 12 after the film so😆
The jacket is a bit puffy on the ht one but is good quality and so are the jeans and bed roll/sleeping bag.
The boots although sculpted plastic and have no articulation look much nicer than those offered.Plus they could flake.
The base offered is nicer but can live without it.
The box for the hts one kicks this ones frying pan.
Not hate just facts.
I have the hot toy one and to say its inferior is not only insulting to old collecters is inaccurate, biased and makes him look the buffoon he is.
Nick not you😁
I mean saying you gave it to a 5 year old just says it all.
Nick has garnished alot of hate with these statements, which is not ideal if you want to include collecters.
How many people outside 1/6 collecters want this figure I wonder?
Bad buisness practice imo.
Plus I see the hot toys one before release decreased in some ebay sales and now has increased😄 so thanks kp nick and dean you made mine worth alot more.
Not ever selling so makes no difference but if you have the original keep it and update the sculpt if you want.
Dont be lured in with FOMO

To be completely honest I dont think it is better than the hot toys m65 jacket version.
Hear me out I know the paint is dated, so is the sculpt, but its still a better likeness.
The knifes much better and accurate although the ht one does have 12 teeth.
Technically inaccurate to the film which had 13 but the knife maker jimmy lyle changed it to 12 after the film so😆
The jacket is a bit puffy on the ht one but is good quality and so are the jeans and bed roll/sleeping bag.
The boots although sculpted plastic and have no articulation look much nicer than those offered.Plus they could flake.
The base offered is nicer but can live without it.
The box for the hts one kicks this ones frying pan.
Not hate just facts.
I have the hot toy one and to say its inferior is not only insulting to old collecters is inaccurate, biased and makes him look the buffoon he is.
Nick not you😁
I mean saying you gave it to a 5 year old just says it all.
Nick has garnished alot of hate with these statements, which is not ideal if you want to include collecters.
How many people outside 1/6 collecters want this figure I wonder?
Bad buisness practice imo.
Plus I see the hot toys one before release decreased in some ebay sales and now has increased😄 so thanks kp nick and dean you made mine worth alot more.
Not ever selling so makes no difference but if you have the original keep it and update the sculpt if you want.
Dont be lured in with FOMO

14 teeth. :)

I own the HT. It's a figure I would never sell. With that said, this new figure has a better flow to it. HT's Rambo shows its age; for good and bad.

I own the HT. It's a figure I would never sell. With that said, this new figure has a better flow to it. HT's Rambo shows its age; for good and bad.
Have to agree with all of that.
The new one has a nicer jacket and they did get right the bodý proportions although the jeans look a bit puffy.
Even has the prominent dams apple.
Just the head sculpt and knife are the main gripe, all the other stuff I could have overlooked.( price tax etc)
Even Nick would not have put me off if they got it perfect.

I could have overlooked all the hype as well, but it's not a $260 figure. It's a $180 figure based on what's out there. How much was Threezero's figure? $200? Under?

Seems strange to make an 8 min video of the figure in the woods and NOT use the First Blood soundtrack for it.

I also don't agree this is a 10/10 figure. But it's also not the disaster many of us were expecting. So I guess that's a plus.

Talented collectors here will likely be able to make that sculpt look good. The clothes are decent, need wear and tear though.

Not worth $260 but then again few figures are. Pick your poison.
The only thing that gets 10/10 imo is the box art.

I'm not a fan of Rambo III, but that is a nice figure. And, the price is about right considering the market today.

Back