Stallone line - First Blood Rambo released

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This feels like he is really trying to sell this figure. Has he done this before with a figure? He doesn't than why here?
It's just his nature, will say anything for a freebie. Just look at his channel always asking for people to send him money via patreon. Then he started up a business with a pal selling second hand 1/6th scale figures and collectables. It's frowned upon by most people in the hobby to lowball and most of the well known people in the hobby would call people out for it. But when Dean Knight started his business the figurepit he was low balling left right and centre and those same people didn't say anything. Then because he didn't have enough cashflow and needed more money he posted this video begging collectors to donate money to his business figure pit so that he could buy figures and sell them back to them . In return he would send them a mug, sticker or a pen as a Thank you 🤣🤯 He and his pal fell out and he says that he is no longer involved in the business. Here is the video, judge for yourself

Seems strange to make an 8 min video of the figure in the woods and NOT use the First Blood soundtrack for it.

I also don't agree this is a 10/10 figure. But it's also not the disaster many of us were expecting. So I guess that's a plus.

Talented collectors here will likely be able to make that sculpt look good. The clothes are decent, need wear and tear though.

Not worth $260 but then again few figures are. Pick your poison.

This has done more harm than good.🤭
Somebody said the truman show figure by present toys was the most boring figure of the year.🤔
This makes rambo look the most bored figure of the year, or the figure of the year most allegic to pollen.😷
Plus the perspective is all off.
The path being so wide dwarfs the figure and makes it look like... well what it is a toy/doll/1/6 figure
Really bad choice of music too.😴
I know hes sad his mates died but sounds like hes at the funeral.
Pretentious again.🥱
Damage control time, bring out Justin.😁
Also interesting to see whos bought the figure and not by the comments, easy to see which ones which😄
Also alot of the comments on you tube 30/70 % are pointing out the same flaws, mainly the sculpt, paint, boots and knife.
The person in charge (not Nick) should be taking these valid criticisms on board.
If there is time to tweak the sculpt, make a better knife they should at least think about it......but then will probably continue with the perfection they have in hand and call detractors trolls.🤑
Yes there is an element of that here and why not 🦧

What goes around is all around.🐓

That looks like ass lol

Going from Hoth Luke to that is pretty jarring to the senses.

Same price too!

Last edited:
I have rewatched Deans review and the head sculpt is even crappier second time around. The body and pose is pretty good. I did like his channel, enjoyed seeing his collection of horror figures but this has put me right off him. Certainly does a lot of steller reviews for freebies. Not worth buying with the amazing Rambo 3 from Three Zero released last year.

B706E1CD-C791-4AD3-9F6C-840721FD3B4D.jpeg

The eyes are too big on this sculpt. It gives it a cartoony look. The raised eyebrows gives the face a surprised look. I think this figure would have benefited from a solid neck/headsculpt design as the shirt would have hid the neck joint. I also think that’s a hard hair design to nail down

He seems a little pale, doesn't he? Maybe darkening the skin would help separate the eyes and make them appear smaller. The sculpt itself isn't bad, but the paint gives him a ghostly, googly-eyed look.

I don't like the hair and the eyes, plus for some weird reason its giving me Noel Gallagher Vibes.

View attachment 585876

The eyes are too big on this sculpt. It gives it a cartoony look. The raised eyebrows gives the face a surprised look. I think this figure would have benefited from a solid neck/headsculpt design as the shirt would have hid the neck joint. I also think that’s a hard hair design to nail down

Neca nailed the hair.

Why does the knife have all that weathering? It was clean in the movie, especially in the opening segment which this figure is based on

Yeah, the knife never looked that weathered. It also looks a bit undersized.

1656482435793.png

1656482515298.png

l3hT7fL.jpg

The Threezero looks miles better. More film accurate. It almost looks like a real metal knife.

1656483006305.png

1656483383229.png

1656483207797.png

1656483267931.png

The Slyshop knife looks like plastic.

1656483518468.png

1656483659929.png

It almost looks like a larger version of the NECA 7 inch scale figure. Except that even the tiny Neca version has the screen accurate 14 saw teeth, unlike the $260 dollar groundbreaking Slyshop version. :lol

1656484063916.png

Attachments

• 1656484032073.png
    1656484032073.png
    213.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
This has done more harm than good.🤭
Somebody said the truman show figure by present toys was the most boring figure of the year.🤔
This makes rambo look the most bored figure of the year, or the figure of the year most allegic to pollen.😷
Plus the perspective is all off.
The path being so wide dwarfs the figure and makes it look like... well what it is a toy/doll/1/6 figure
Really bad choice of music too.😴
I know hes sad his mates died but sounds like hes at the funeral.
Pretentious again.🥱
Damage control time, bring out Justin.😁
Also interesting to see whos bought the figure and not by the comments, easy to see which ones which😄
Also alot of the comments on you tube 30/70 % are pointing out the same flaws, mainly the sculpt, paint, boots and knife.
The person in charge (not Nick) should be taking these valid criticisms on board.
If there is time to tweak the sculpt, make a better knife they should at least think about it......but then will probably continue with the perfection they have in hand and call detractors trolls.🤑
Yes there is an element of that here and why not 🦧

What goes around is all around.🐓
That's exactly what happened to me , I was called a troll ,toxic trouble maker and even Fabio Varesi messaged me saying I was ruining his life , his family and business and my daughter insulted by an anonymous admin from OSR . All this because I made a post warning people to wait and not pay in full upfront as this may turn out to be another Asmus Ash Williams.I had never even mentioned Kaustic Plastik in my post or any of the team , only Nick, his shambolic handling of the release and Stallone shop . I have always been positive about Kaustic Plastik and their other company infinite statue, praising their work on social media. But any business can't have it both ways , you have to be able to accept criticism alongside praise. The comments I received on that post were disgusting and instead of Admin of that group warning people to calm down instead they stoked the fire insulted my family and banned me. I know that chen li Wong and Khai mcfly were behind it. But in the end I was right , I've been vindicated and I've had messages from people thanking me for that post as they waited after they read it !

Last edited:
Yeah, the knife never looked that weathered. It also looks a bit undersized.

View attachment 585899
View attachment 585900

l3hT7fL.jpg

The Threezero looks miles better. More film accurate. It almost looks like a real metal knife.

View attachment 585901
View attachment 585905

View attachment 585903
View attachment 585904

The Slyshop knife looks like plastic.

View attachment 585906
View attachment 585907

It almost looks like a larger version of the NECA 7 inch scale figure. Except that even the tiny Neca version has the screen accurate 14 saw teeth, unlike the $260 dollar groundbreaking Slyshop version. :lol

View attachment 585909

Maybe they used this knife to break all the ground?

That's exactly what happened to me , I was called a troll ,toxic trouble maker and even Fabio Varesi messaged me saying I was ruining his life , his family and business and my daughter insulted by an anonymous admin from OSR . All this because I made a post warning people to wait and not pay in full upfront as this may turn out to be another Asmus Ash Williams.I had never even mentioned Kaustic Plastik in my post or any of the team , only Nick, his shambolic handling of the release and Stallone shop . I have always been positive about Kaustic Plastik and their other company infinite statue, praising their work on social media. But any business can't have it both ways , you have to be able to accept criticism alongside praise. The comments I received on that post were disgusting and instead of Admin of that group warning people to calm down instead they stoked the fire insulted my family and banned me. I know that chen li Wong and Khai mcfly were behind it. But in the end I was right , I've been vindicated and I've had messages from people thanking me for that post as they waited after they read it
You gotta take the good with the bad.
A company showing a figure or just a regular joe making criticism, you have to expect a reaction.
Bringing family into it one way or another is disgusting.
Either to lay off as you are taking food out of his kids mouths or the admins allowing abuse on your family is under the belt.
The drew first blood, now thats not gunna end well as history shows.😡

It is just a figure people will either buy it or not depending if they agree with us or Nick.
To try and shut you up by using emotional blackmail is manipulative.
Suprised nick didnt try buy you off with some frying pans and socks😄

I think a big problem here that's being a bit overlooked is, as Wor-Gar said: Stallone signed off on it.

This is the key to why it looks the way it does. No, it's not accurate to the actual person at the time, but it's what the actual person WANTS his depiction to look like. The man is obviously very attentive to his physical appearance; to his detriment from the look of the latest surgeries. But if you were to make a likeness of him that he was signing off on, I guarantee you whatever Kaustik Plastic brought to the table was reworked many, many times before he was happy with it.

Having his name on it in his own shop has me thinking the full control over the end product is a situation where his happiness and ego is far more important than screen accurate comparisons.

Back