1/6 SSC Harley Quinn Sixth Scale Figure 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This just looks bad imo.

Everyone always tries to justify it with "oh photos don't do it justice" "it looks better in hand", nah it's just bad.

In stock at Sideshow and I was waiting to order, but unfortunately this figure is a fail.
It had so much potential but there is no getting past that disproportionately gigantic head.
Looks like a Funko Pop.
Don?t know how Sideshow can live with charging Hot Toys prices for this quality.
Have they seen how huge they made that head?
It was a good sculpt! Why didn?t they make it in scale with the body???

Review is up on Youtube. Not a huge fan of the head sculpts or shoes.

Not displaying guns in promotional pictures and not including guns with the figures are two completely different things.
These figures will obviously still include the appropriate accessories.
So, unless someone collects promotional images instead of the figures being promoted it?s really not an issue.
I understand that part. What I was saying is that I wonder why some figures/statue are allowed to still come with guns (they just cant be promoted/shown in adverts), while others are not allowed to included them at all. Which is why I wondered why other Harley Quinn figures are allowed to have guns and this one is not (if that really is the case for this figure and not just SS being lazy/cheap on the accessories).
This just looks bad imo.

Everyone always tries to justify it with "oh photos don't do it justice" "it looks better in hand", nah it's just bad.

There are lots of figures that just photograph bad. And usually always even initial HT figures look bad right out the gate. Once they get into more collector hands who really know how to take great photos, the comments usually go from "this looks awful" to "oh man I wish I got it before it sold out everywhere." Not saying that will be the case here, but generally that's usually what happens.

There are lots of figures that just photograph bad. And usually always even initial HT figures look bad right out the gate. Once they get into more collector hands who really know how to take great photos, the comments usually go from "this looks awful" to "oh man I wish I got it before it sold out everywhere." Not saying that will be the case here, but generally that's usually what happens.

The paint applications on this are just straight up rough though, nothing to do with photos. Why is the depth of her mask skin coloured?

P7tORO4.png

The paint applications on this are just straight up rough though, nothing to do with photos. Why is the depth of her mask skin coloured?

It could just be the copy of whoever's that is having a paint error. In the current video review, the paint seems fine as well as the head size. Again, I'm not saying this figure is/will be flawless. I was simply stating that, typically, initial photos are the worse thing to judge a figure by. And those photos are not great. It doesn't excuse the paint issues that one has by any means. But it doesn't seem apparent based on the video review below. And while we shouldn't have to do any touch ups or fixes, applying some black paint is one of the easiest fixes to do. Sadly, these days, any figure, Sideshow,Hot Toys or otherwise, doesn't always come out perfect right out of the box. Rarely is modding not necessary. At least in my experience.

From FB

Attachments

• 935C49CE-FD18-4BE6-BA44-A7CE523A830C.jpeg
    935C49CE-FD18-4BE6-BA44-A7CE523A830C.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 98
  • 3E19B834-D5BE-4D91-8C82-BCA94EC8998F.jpeg
    3E19B834-D5BE-4D91-8C82-BCA94EC8998F.jpeg
    993 KB · Views: 107
  • 5B594D25-305D-46CB-92EC-5386166230C8.jpeg
    5B594D25-305D-46CB-92EC-5386166230C8.jpeg
    872.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 854470D6-90A2-4183-A42B-84DAAA0FB404.jpeg
    854470D6-90A2-4183-A42B-84DAAA0FB404.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 112
I just snapped the bat in half trying to get it in her hand. :( Had a hell of a time trying to get the Gorilla Glue to hold the damn thing while putting it back together. Don’t really see any reason why the freaking hands have to be that damn stif.

I just snapped the bat in half trying to get it in her hand. :( Had a hell of a time trying to get the Gorilla Glue to hold the damn thing while putting it back together. Don’t really see any reason why the freaking hands have to be that damn stif.
Thanks for the warning my friend. I will be using a blow dryer to heat them up first.

Have to say I was worried opening up this piece but was pleasantly surprised. I think the figure is a nice addition. I am fortunate enough to own the original release and she remains a favorite but this classic comic book costume is a welcome standout on the shelf-I honestly do not see an issue with head size on hand. And the body feels super sturdy, has a real weight to it and I have confidence posing her.

Pleased with this purchase, I really hope that SSC give us a few more characters.

Have to say I was worried opening up this piece but was pleasantly surprised. I think the figure is a nice addition. I am fortunate enough to own the original release and she remains a favorite but this classic comic book costume is a welcome standout on the shelf-I honestly do not see an issue with head size on hand. And the body feels super sturdy, has a real weight to it and I have confidence posing her.

Pleased with this purchase, I really hope that SSC give us a few more characters.
Did your figure have the terrible paint apps that other people posted?
Flesh tone painted around the edges of her black domino mask?
Those pictures made the figure a dealbreaker for me…hard to forgive on a NECA or McFarlane release, unforgivable on a 1/6 scale figure…

You know if I look really closely I can see some bleed. But its pretty minuscule.

I cannot see myself using that head much if at all. I am all about the classic Harley look. I guess mileage will vary for each collector.

Has anyone tried putting the old sculpts on the new body? If so it would be nice to see some pictures of how they look.

Does anyone own both of the sideshow Harleys? I would like to see a size comparison.

Has anyone tried putting the old sculpts on the new body? If so it would be nice to see some pictures of how they look.
The HS of the original will be disproportionately big on the smaller body used. SS is using a TBLeague S24A (pale version of the S25B) body for this. You might need to enlarge the neck ball peg (the small S24A body has a smaller neck ball peg compared to standard neck ball pegs) to fit the old head if you want that deformed look.
v1 (original body; no body swap) vs v2
Sideshow Harley Quinn v1 and v2 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Both HS using S25B and S24A body used by SS
Sideshow HQuinn both HS S25B by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Comparison using a Katyusha HS on S24/25 bodies
Sideshow HQuinn Unhooded and Katyusha HS_2 S25B by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Sideshow HQuinn Unhooded and Katyusha HS_1 S25B by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Comparison using S23B (unhooded HS), S24A (hooded HS) and S25B (Katyusha HS)
Sideshow HQuinn S23B S25B and Katyusha S25B by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Putting both HS on the smaller TBLeague S26A body (snowflake dress)
Sideshow HQuinn HS_2 S25B and S26A by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Sideshow HQuinn HS_1 S25B and S26A by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Final verdict: I love the look of the v2 (much closer to the screen appearance compared to v1). However, the biggest disappointment has to be the unhooded HS. It's horrible and I wouldn't recommended it if looking for it parted out. If viewed at other angles, it's just... well... just look at it! If you look closely on the angled shot of the unhooded HS on S26A body, you notice that huge disconnect and unnatural look it gives due to the back of the HS neck going over and swallowing the neck of the body. It's not just an apparent issue with the S26A, it's apparent on ALL the bodies I used in the examples above. It doesn't naturally curve and blend to the neck.

Last edited:
The HS of the original will be disproportionately big on the smaller body used. SS is using a TBLeague S24A (pale version of the S25B) body for this. You might need to enlarge the neck ball peg (the small S24A body has a smaller neck ball peg compared to standard neck ball pegs) to fit the old head if you want that deformed look.

Both HS using S25B and S26A body used by SS

Final verdict: I love the look of the v2 (much closer to the screen appearance compared to v1). However, the biggest disappointment has to be the unhooded HS. It's horrible and I wouldn't recommended it if looking for it parted out. If viewed at other angles, it's just... well... just look at it! If you look closely on the angled shot of the unhooded HS on S26A body, you notice that huge disconnect and unnatural look it gives due to the back of the HS neck going over and swallowing the neck of the body. It's not just an apparent issue with the S26A, it's apparent on ALL the bodies I used in the examples above. It doesn't naturally curve and blend to the neck.
Thanks for the insight and posting the photos!

Why in the world was Sideshow unable to get the head to be in correct proportion to the body?”
I get that Funko Pops are popular with some, but not sure why the folks at Sideshow want to emulate that look with their 1/6 scale figures.

Both HS using S25B and S24A body used by SS

Thanks so much! All of these comparisons are great!

I don't want anyone to lose their jobs but the people that sculpted this unattractive Sideshow Harley 1/6 are the same people that sculpted the terrible bloated and inacurrate Michael Myers Sideshow 1/6 mask and the hideous Wonder Woman 1/6 portrait. I don't understand. How is Sideshow approving these sculpts? This is another ugly female sculpt. I really hope if they make CW they get someone who knows how to make a woman BEAUTIFUL in 1/6. Sideshow Baroness 1/6 was a beauty

Back