1/6 SSC Gambit Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very weird expression as well. He looks like he's confused or is thinking of something? The quality of Sideshows production also isn't good as usual.

Unsharp and sloppy looking hair. Bunch of messy white seam edges all over it. The hair looks like it's made out of chocolate.

qCJqZcz.png
vuajpHO.png
His face just looks derpy too. Gambit is supposed to be a charismatic, womanizing Chad...yet here he looks like a goofy, inbred townie!

I don't know if the Soosoo version will look as sharp in hand. I do love their coat and the chest outright blows sideshow's out. I also prefer their shin armor over sideshow's But I prefer Sideshow's headsculpt. That's the narrow faced handsome gambit I know and the classic cut reminds me of Claremont's era more even if it looks better with the modern hair.

The pleather looks sharp and the overall design of the coat looks a tad better than the cloth in some ways, I think it's mostly due to the metal used and that crisp weathering, but durabiity wise sideshow's will probably edge it out.

There's great reasons to get both honestly, I can't say one is better than the other, but sideshow really needs to step up their game if they're gonna charge this much when this is their competition.
SooSoo production quality is better than Sideshow. Heck, at this point even Threezero has better production quality on their figures. Sideshow is the only company (along with Star Ace) in the 1/6 figure game that hasn't improved their production quality since they started. Honestly looking back at Sideshow releases, they might have even downgraded over the years.

SooSoo's production figures are as good, if not better, than their prototypes. With Sideshow, it's a 100% guarantee downgrade going from their prototype to production. It's sad and is unfornately to be expected at this point with them. They increase price but show no improvement in quality for it. Their production sculpts will never not be super soft compared to their prototype.

I wish Sideshow would actually look into improving their 1/6 department but they seem to not care in doing so.

236557389_1892093180970741_1953330495723996519_n.jpg

Last edited:
You wont until its released. They just released their nightwing but Gambit was after. I imagine they will release homelander and superboy next, maybe they batgirl too before gambit but who knows. They are not forthcoming with info since they almost shut down a while back
Thank you.

It boggles the mind when Sideshow has an incredible Premium Format Gambit with a beautiful headsculpt, and pumps out a derpy looking 1/6 version.
They could have at least maybe even shrunk down their PF head.

I like the energized hands, the coat, but that's it.
Everything else looks like Mattel $60 figure.

Lotta hate for this figure suddenly, I donm't know why people find the sideshow version's head derpy, the expression and proportions are quite good looking to me, while soosoo's are a bit too blocky. I've never owned a release from them, but if they keep putting out quality I'm sure it'll change. I just don't think it's strictly better than the sideshow

Don’t think they look at third party offerings as competition.
Not considering a company that will take customers and money away from them all while putting their production to shame by offering arguably better figures for half the cost sounds exactly like something SS would concern themselves with.

They despise resellers and don’t even like sites that offer free shipping so a company that appears to be able to give us a superior and cheaper version of what I see as Sideshow’s only remotely desirable and promising line should be a real worry.

All that said, this doesn’t look too bad apart from the downgrade of the most interesting aspect when it was first revealed- the inner coat lining. Glad I’m getting both because the perfect Gambit will likely lie in combining elements of each.

Thanks for the link!

I really like the look of this. The good thing is, we have options so ppl who don't like it can get the SooSooToys. I prefer this one.

The only thing I see myself modding are the ears. Carve out some of the plastic behind them, heat them up, put a dab of superglue in the carved out space and squeeze them back a little so they don't look so elephanty. Will probably have to dremel out some space in the long hair piece to get the new ear shape to work. But this is a pretty easy mod IMO and fixes the only issue I had with this figure. Well, that and the stupid blank display stand.

SooSoo production quality is better than Sideshow. Heck, at this point even Threezero has better production quality on their figures. Sideshow is the only company (along with Star Ace) in the 1/6 figure game that hasn't improved their production quality since they started. Honestly looking back at Sideshow releases, they might have even downgraded over the years.

SooSoo's production figures are as good, if not better, than their prototypes. With Sideshow, it's a 100% guarantee downgrade going from their prototype to production. It's sad and is unfornately to be expected at this point with them. They increase price but show no improvement in quality for it. Their production sculpts will never not be super soft compared to their prototype.

I wish Sideshow would actually look into improving their 1/6 department but they seem to not care in doing so.

I don't know if they ever would since they're apprently the biggest toy retailer in America, and handle exports in some cases. They probably don't make enough from their 12 inch department to care, I wager.

How long from an unboxing video does it normally take sideshow to ship their figures? I forget and I figure one of you gents knows from experience.

I got my notice he'd be shipping soon a day or two ago, along with the shipping and tax calculations.

I’ve got a notice from my local hobby shop saying the Soosoo toys Gambit will be delayed to Feb-March 2022

I totally get the disappointment with some past Sideshow figures, but I'm getting the sense that some of you haven't (taken the risk?) purchased any recent Sideshow figs of the past couple of years.
Firstly, as neither this nor the Soo Soo has reached any collector hands, it's ridiculous to say one blows the other out of the water at this point. Maybe someone prefers one design over another, but nothing can be said about production quality.
But more to the point, Sideshow has actually had massive improvement over the figures over the last 10 years, particularly in the last 2 years. I can't speak to the re-releases (eg Obiwan), but on 1st release, pretty much all of their 1/6 figs have turned out EXACTLY like their prototype. Their DC line (Bats, Supes, Joker, WonderWoman, Flash, Harley) and Marvel (Cap, Red Skull, Thor, Magneto, both Wolverines, both Cyclops), and even that ROTJ Luke. Even their recent horror figs have turned out pretty good, and MILES better than their previous offerings.
And I totally understand not liking the design, or when their sculpts aren't exactly right, etc.., but it's 100% wrong to say that it's a guaranteed of a downgrade from proto to production. It absolutely used to be... but not anymore.

And I totally understand not liking the design, or when their sculpts aren't exactly right, etc.., but it's 100% wrong to say that it's a guaranteed of a downgrade from proto to production. It absolutely used to be... but not anymore.
I'll definitely let the thread know when I get him, I haven't owned a sideshow figure more recent than their last G.I.Joes and the fabric quality wasn't great. Body was mediocre too along with some accessories.

I still prefer their version to soo's but it's really down to preference I think, each does something better or worse. I will be very annoyed if the coat is something flimsy and terrible though.

SooSoo also said that they're going to do a Rogue to go along with Gambit and asked what Wolverine everyone wants. :yess:

PO'd SooSoo's on KGHobby. Don't care which one is licensed. Third party companies have been making better figures than licensed versions for a while now.
Has there been any further information about the Soosootoys Rogue? They have been showing so many other figures recently that it's scaring me they might not do her. Really want her to go with their Gambit. I have plenty of great customs so I won't cry, but hope she still gets made.

Back