1/6 SSC Gambit Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gambit arrive today! Some will think I’m crazy but I really do like this more than the SooSooToys one (which I still have). The headsculpt for the SooSoo does fit in this body but it sits a little low so I will need to fix the neck joint to use it properly, but yea, really glad to have jumped on this at that sale price.

I will say I like the long hair on the sideshow better but the short hair on the SooSoo. Headsculpt paint is also better on SooSoo but if I had to choose only one of these to own, I’d go with the Sideshow. Happy to have this in the collection. Now just need to eventually hunt down a very inflated priced Magneto

View attachment 591720
Cool, glad to hear you like this figure. I had to put Gambit and Wolverine on flex pay. Hopefully we get a 90s Magneto and Cyclops from soosootoys.

Gambit arrive today! Some will think I’m crazy but I really do like this more than the SooSooToys one (which I still have). The headsculpt for the SooSoo does fit in this body but it sits a little low so I will need to fix the neck joint to use it properly, but yea, really glad to have jumped on this at that sale price.

I will say I like the long hair on the sideshow better but the short hair on the SooSoo. Headsculpt paint is also better on SooSoo but if I had to choose only one of these to own, I’d go with the Sideshow. Happy to have this in the collection. Now just need to eventually hunt down a very inflated priced Magneto

View attachment 591720
Yes!!! I'm loving this Gambit even more than the photos and videos can do it justice. I love the tailored coat and the material they used on it and the undersuit. Articulated toes, the coat being wired, and of course the base are the only things that could make this better. I don't have that side by side comparison like you, but I can agree this is an amazing representation of Gambit.
20220730_003507.jpg

20220730_003744.jpg

20220730_003701.jpg

20220730_004009.jpg

I got mine too and I'm pretty happy with it. The right boot doesn't stay on as tight, and the right sleeve lining is kinda tailored poorly, sticks out of the sleeve, but overall it's good. It includes an impresive assortment of hands.

In terms of looks, my ideal Gambit has short-hair, but with how Sideshow sculpted the ears, the short hair look doesn't really work on this figure. Plus I think it should be more poofy, so I'm happy with the longer haired look.

I'm really pleased with how the sculpt captures his attitude. Overall the whole thing just really works as a look, something the previous SSC figures didn't really pull off. I think the other figures should've been on more muscular bodies, but with Gambit being as lean as he is, the standard SSC body works

I got mine too and I'm pretty happy with it. The right boot doesn't stay on as tight, and the right sleeve lining is kinda tailored poorly, sticks out of the sleeve, but overall it's good. It includes an impresive assortment of hands.

In terms of looks, my ideal Gambit has short-hair, but with how Sideshow sculpted the ears, the short hair look doesn't really work on this figure. Plus I think it should be more poofy, so I'm happy with the longer haired look.

I'm really pleased with how the sculpt captures his attitude. Overall the whole thing just really works as a look, something the previous SSC figures didn't really pull off. I think the other figures should've been on more muscular bodies, but with Gambit being as lean as he is, the standard SSC body works
I do have a similar issue with the left boot on mine. It stays on and I can move it around, but it pops off easier than it should. Again the dreaded QC issues that plague SSC.

The ears don't bother me at all in person, so I enjoy him with both hair sculpts. I agree with how the face sculpt turned out. The expression isn't flat, but it also doesn't over do it.

View attachment 591720
I told ya man, they're both top tier figures I just wish sideshow upped their game enough to have the same face paint as the soosoo

I do have a similar issue with the left boot on mine. It stays on and I can move it around, but it pops off easier than it should. Again the dreaded QC issues that plague SSC.

The ears don't bother me at all in person, so I enjoy him with both hair sculpts. I agree with how the face sculpt turned out. The expression isn't flat, but it also doesn't over do it.
I had to send my Gambit back to get a better ankle joint QC one, I hate the ears, but they don't show up on the long hair sculpt. Nothing to do about the ears but customize them away, but you could always send him back to sidesho for a fix.

Now that you point it out, it is actually the left boot on mine, not the right. I was getting my sides mixed up. I'm curious if anyone else has the same issue with the left boot. It might actually be a manufacturing issue.

Yes!!! I'm loving this Gambit even more than the photos and videos can do it justice. I love the tailored coat and the material they used on it and the undersuit. Articulated toes, the coat being wired, and of course the base are the only things that could make this better. I don't have that side by side comparison like you, but I can agree this is an amazing representation of Gambit.
View attachment 591722
View attachment 591723
View attachment 591724
View attachment 591725
That’s a good pose! I’m always hesitant about doing action poses. I’m usually a museum pose guy but always love seeing when ppl actually pose their figures. And I agree, he’s definitely better in hand than any videos or photos.
I told ya man, they're both top tier figures I just wish sideshow upped their game enough to have the same face paint as the soosoo
Yea you’re were right :hi5: and I agree. Sideshow’s biggest issue more than anything else has always been their paint apps from the beginning and unfortunately they’re still behind

You your point about the ears in your other post- I plan on cutting small amounts of material out from behind the ears, heating them up to be a little flexible, then gluing them down so they look a little more normal. Then if I have to, I’ll mod the interior of the long hair piece so that it fits properly there
Now that you point it out, it is actually the left boot on mine, not the right. I was getting my sides mixed up. I'm curious if anyone else has the same issue with the left boot. It might actually be a manufacturing issue.
I think it definitely is a manufacturing issues but across the board. I’ve got quite a few Sideshow figures on their newest type bodies and some will have narrower peg holes for the hand joints but then the same body on a different figure it would be fine. Or super tight knee joints and then loose on another. Then in regards to the boots, I’ve had two of the more recent comic Superman figures and on one, the ankles were fine; but on the other, they were so tight that when I thought I was articulating the ball joint, I was actually twisting the entire ankle attachment which I eventually broke off.

Last edited:
Yeah I've read others have had the same issue. Some being way worse to where the foot wouldn't even stay on. Mine isn't that bad, as I've been messing around and posing him a lot and it's staying on 90% of the time. I'm afraid if I send it back I would just get the same in return or be worse off.
That’s a good pose! I’m always hesitant about doing action poses. I’m usually a museum pose guy but always love seeing when ppl actually pose their figures. And I agree, he’s definitely better in hand than any videos or photos.

Yea you’re were right :hi5: and I agree. Sideshow’s biggest issue more than anything else has always been their paint apps from the beginning and unfortunately they’re still behind

You your point about the ears in your other post- I plan on cutting small amounts of material out from behind the ears, heating them up to be a little flexible, then gluing them down so they look a little more normal. Then if I have to, I’ll mod the interior of the long hair piece so that it fits properly there

I think it definitely is a manufacturing issues but across the board. I’ve got quite a few Sideshow figures on their newest type bodies and some will have narrower peg holes for the hand joints but then the same body on a different figure it would be fine. Or super tight knee joints and then loose on another. Then in regards to the boots, I’ve had two of the more recent comic Superman figures and on one, the ankles were fine; but on the other, they were so tight that when I thought I was articulating the ball joint, I was actually twisting the entire ankle attachment which I eventually broke off.
I enjoy posing them and trying to get as dynamic as possible at times. Still working on improving the poses to make them look more natural. I take my time moving each joint to make sure not to break or rip anything and know my limits. I have no desire to ever part with any of them that I have purchased, so I think that helps with not worrying if I crease the suit. There are some figures that have scared me more than others.

Thanks! Even though I don’t mind the Sideshow sculpt after pinning the ears back, the SooSoo is still the superior sculpt of the two. Oddly enough, I think he looks way too good now for the other Sideshow figures :LOL: so I need SooSoo to go ahead and make a Cyclops already so I can update that one too.

Damn that looks great!!!
Thanks! Not sure I’m keeping them though as I’ve been reevaluating my collection while on PTO, and I’m starting to think they (and all other comic SSC figures) may not fit in anymore. Thinking of moving to statues for the more comic styled stuff, which is why I’m boxing these up for now.

Last edited:
Thanks! Not sure I’m keeping them though as I’ve been reevaluating my collection while on PTO, and I’m starting to think they (and all other comic SSC figures) may not fit in anymore. Thinking of moving to statues for the more comic styled stuff, which is why I’m boxing these up for now.
I’m sorry to hear that you may be getting rid of those figures after making them looks so good but I get what you are saying. I guess we all have to determine what “fits” in our collections.

It seems like I have noticed quite a few 1/6 collectors have been transitioning to statues in the last year or so. I can understand it since some of these statues are amazing looking and are much more “comic accurate” representations for the most part than the 1/6 scale figures we get based on the MCU and the DCEU (is that correct). That said I wonder if there are statue collectors who transition to 1/6 scale figures?

At any rate, I’m sticking to strictly 1/6 scale figs for my collection. I won’t really have space for statues. Also, even though I keep my figures in pretty conservative poses I like having the option.

Back