Square Enix Play Arts Kai Gets New Licenses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can vouche for Laura.. I want to get into way more of these play arts but all in all for the price I feel they kind of suck, if its not the wonky scale it's the weird functioning joints that pop off, shiny bad paint jobs, loose limbs slightly anime stylized sculpts etc.

I have to say, not so with Laura. I am a fan of the original Laura design but have gotten into the new game and when i saw the figure I thought I'd give her a try. Im really glad I did she's great.

Nice tight joints, all the nessisary accessories, very realistic proportions here, no exaggeration, feminine, nice sculpted face. And the paint job is really quite good, not shiny the dirt looks realistic and her skin is not a weird burnt orange color like many of them are.

Don't regret getting this Laura at all, if you like the game or tomb raider I think you'll like this new figure. I can't for the life of me figure out how the 1/6 companies snoozed on this lisence, but this figure is a nice purchase for fans of the series.

As you can see the scale is still an issue (You should see her next to Snake) but the paint on this figure is far above the average Playarts. The other thing is she is sort of in a fixed pose that you can really only vary on because of the way her legs are done.

Thanks for posting the pic Dylan. She looks pretty nice from what I can see. She must look way better in person. Thank for the info on the fixed pose. That doesn't bother me all that much. I was planing on posing her in just a basic standing pose anyways.

I can vouche for Laura.. I want to get into way more of these play arts but all in all for the price I feel they kind of suck, if its not the wonky scale it's the weird functioning joints that pop off, shiny bad paint jobs, loose limbs slightly anime stylized sculpts etc.

I have to say, not so with Laura. I am a fan of the original Laura design but have gotten into the new game and when i saw the figure I thought I'd give her a try. Im really glad I did she's great.

Nice tight joints, all the nessisary accessories, very realistic proportions here, no exaggeration, feminine, nice sculpted face. And the paint job is really quite good, not shiny the dirt looks realistic and her skin is not a weird burnt orange color like many of them are.

Don't regret getting this Laura at all, if you like the game or tomb raider I think you'll like this new figure. I can't for the life of me figure out how the 1/6 companies snoozed on this lisence, but this figure is a nice purchase for fans of the series.

Thanks for your quick review Ray. I think you two have just sold me on picking Lara up. I'll give her a try as well. Loved the game and I don't think HT or SS will be making this version of Lara for a long time (or maybe not ever). Sad really. I actually like this new Lara better than the old one. Oh well, the PAK hunt begins. :)

I bought Tomb Raider yesterday. It went up on Xbox On Demand for only thirty dollars so I figured it was finally time I got the game. Hope I like it :)

I got Lara croft some time ago and she is abosolutly small next to dmc3 Dante . He's like a giant

Lara's pretty nice, but you don't really realize how good she looks until she's been repainted:

larciapak.jpg

*Credit to my buddy Tom aka Zelu1984

One of the things that drives me nuts about Square Enix. The sculpting is usually pretty damn nice on most of their PAKs imo, but it's often lost in the final product.

... And those damn raccoon eyes. :lol Though to their credit, they aren't doing it as badly as they used to (MaleShep anyone?). I guess it pays off sometimes being vocal about something you aren't pleased with. :lecture I mean they also listened about improving the wrist/hip joints with some of the recent releases. So it just goes to show they do occasionally listen to the fans.

Also, since there was some talk of the new Lightning PAK, just thought some would be curious to see a mock-up of how big it will (supposedly 26 cm) be:

lightscale.jpg

So yeah, she's going to be pretty big. It'll be cool to have a FF character finally in a similar scale as the MGS PAKs, though.

Looks like a PAK red XIII is on its way. Hope this ones an advent ver as yuffie and vincent had been cause i find the 1st red 13 really good and it looked really close to the game artwork. i mean there's no need to re-do that line just go and give us cid and barret already huhuhu!

970741_10151405507806459_1333246483_n.jpg

This is a very good sign of things to come. And you're right, the first Red XIII is flawless. I wonder if it will come with Sith like the last one. I get a strong feeling they will finish the game cast unlike the last AC line.

Hope we'll be getting figures from FF15. I know its a given actually. I just love how Noctis looks like sasuke.

Back