Square Enix Play Arts Kai Gets New Licenses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got Harley and Armored Bats yesterday, great figures. No issues except that the B-Man's gauntlets are made of soft rubber and one of them were bent funny, I will try to use a blow dryer to fix it.

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055-1.jpg

IMG_0056-1.jpg

Nice! Right now I gotta pass on Joker and Harley. But I'm still getting AC Batman and of course Robin. Hope they make Nightwing too.

I want to get them all, they are awesome and since I am not buying HT figures anymore I have more money to spend on smaller stuff like these. A Nightwing would be so badass, they would be stupid not to make him!!!

I want to get them all, they are awesome and since I am not buying HT figures anymore I have more money to spend on smaller stuff like these. A Nightwing would be so badass, they would be stupid not to make him!!!

I was also thinking about doing that, but the thought of missing out on the Batman and Avengers line stopped me.

Hah... the opposite here... I stopped buying small stuff so I can get more big HT stuff.

Hah... the opposite here... I stopped buying small stuff so I can get more big HT stuff.

I have switched gears because I can't buy HT like I used to and I need to fuel my addiction and I get a ton of little figures for the cost of a HT!!

really disappointed by the quality of my armored bats his right shoulder joint is soo loose that if I raise his arm up it just falls down. and I just feel like the figure is going to break trying to pose it.

I have switched gears because I can't buy HT like I used to and I need to fuel my addiction and I get a ton of little figures for the cost of a HT!!

Whatever works :rock

I don't mind scale, I just buy what I like. I would pick up a Nightwing Square Enix if they made him, too. :rock

The only Play Arts figure I have on PO is Shepard from Mass Effect 3. (He will be my first one too)

My Harley just arrived no disappointments here. I hope they make an Arkham Ivy.
afdqkt

I keep wanting to get some good Arkham City figures, but I'm concerned with the Sqaure Enix QC issues.

My choices are Matty figures, which I don't really like the look of and are boring to me. DCD figures, which look good with wave 1, but wave 2 looks like somewhat of a pass and Catwoman has a horrible head sculpt. Then there's the upcoming Play Arts Batman and Catwoman. Both look great, though Catwoman's chest is way too big (same with Harley's). And I have to wonder how far into the series they're going to go. Right now, DCD beats Square Enix in that regard.

I keep wanting to get some good Arkham City figures, but I'm concerned with the Sqaure Enix QC issues.

My choices are Matty figures, which I don't really like the look of and are boring to me. DCD figures, which look good with wave 1, but wave 2 looks like somewhat of a pass and Catwoman has a horrible head sculpt. Then there's the upcoming Play Arts Batman and Catwoman. Both look great, though Catwoman's chest is way too big (same with Harley's). And I have to wonder how far into the series they're going to go. Right now, DCD beats Square Enix in that regard.
DCD figures all feel good quality in terms of the plastic etc, and only a handful of sculpts are off. You're not likely to find such an extensive line of AC figures at such a high quality, especially for their relatively low price, so I'd say go for DCD. :)

Feels like its been ages since they announced the Mass Effect licence, anyone have a clue when those are supposed to be out?

Feels like its been ages since they announced the Mass Effect licence, anyone have a clue when those are supposed to be out?

October, Sideshow already has garrius sold out. Sheppard and Ashley are still on pre-order status though.

I got garrus, femshep & tali on preorder.....just hoping that final product will be same as prototype.

I happen to be a fan of this company since they started their advent children line, so happy that they have produced a lot of great figures as time passed by. What I hate is the price. Still not justified. But hey, i still buy them ;-)

I do see one problem of this brand is depth. I doubt they will hit every character in AC like DCD is doing. We probably won't even get all of the Mass Effect characters, though I'd really like to be wrong.

With the quality of their figures now I wish they would go back and complete the Final Fantasy VII & Advent Children line.

Complete pipe dream...

I wouldn't mind a redo of that line... some of the figures look bad in comparison to today. Or I wish they would lend Hot Toys the license. 1/6 AC Cloud and Fenrir?? :pray:

Back