Square Enix Play Arts Kai Gets New Licenses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hold Up Hold Up Hold up. Square Enix is blowing the ____ up!

DS3? Tekken? wait a sec.... The Dark Knit Rises!!??

7553646136_c2bdca4016_o.jpg

7553644348_f2fbe1c52d_o.jpg

7553644414_a17f924f88_o.jpg

7553644450_e60baac9a9_o.jpg

Then we have some expected stuff Kingdom Hearts, SF Guile, FemSep. Hitman painted looks sweet too

7553641804_8211f7fe4a_o.jpg

7553639822_e953c138af_o.jpg

7553645498_ca2dc424b7_o.jpg

I swear everytime i think they suck cause of sculpt or paint they keep doing this kinda ____!!!

Thanks to vnguyen for the link!

The Lara Croft figure looks decent, but idk looks like she has a lot joints and muscles.

Im with you project A but to be honest square enix makes all there figures look slender and have anime like proportions.

I'm digging TDKR figures. anyone else think these things look alot better unpainted in their black and white prototype stage?

My wallet just exploded. More Street Fighter, Tekken, Tomb Raider, Hitman, MGS, Batman TDKR!?!?

Wow almost missed these. Batman Arckham asylam Robin and The Dark Knite returns (frank miller) Batman!

copyof75536430860f3be49.jpg

7553642876_21c308e43e_b.jpg

they just need to fix the face and thicken the neck/head alittle

kaisupes.jpg

I'm really pleased with my Street Fighter Ryo and Cammy. They pose really great and have slightly ratcheted joints so it doesn't feel like they'll break too easily ! I can't wait for more SF releases from Play Arts.

DSCN5860.jpg

DSCN5901.jpg

DSCN6097.jpg

DSCN6091.jpg

DSCN5985.jpg

Last edited:
Are these figures worth buying? Also,can they be used in stop motions? I mean if they can pose in dynamic ways.

Nope they aren't worth it. Terrible quality control you're never safe with Play Arts.

I have to agree with you, as much as I love the licenses they have, there paint is not consistent. Also my Kratos' arm broke off right out of the box and my AA Batman's cape seperated from the cowl. I still want more of there figures though, but there ever rising prices are a big turn off!!! :gah:

Thanks for the info! Are hot toys and the sideshow figs well balanced? I'm starting a new web series and I used minimates and Lego for the scenery but something was off. I wanted something more realistic.

By balanced do you mean if they stand well without stands? If so that really completely depends on the figure. Some figures stand very easily some not so much. The funny thing with balancing on 1/6 stuff is it is often not very apparent by their design. Some of the most intricate or strangely designed stuff stands really nicely while even something like just a guy in a suit could have an awful time avoiding a fall.

But in general they should stand quite nicely, much more so than Play Arts Kai stuff. Ugh those seem to be magnetically attracted to the floor.

By balanced do you mean if they stand well without stands? If so that really completely depends on the figure. Some figures stand very easily some not so much. The funny thing with balancing on 1/6 stuff is it is often not very apparent by their design. Some of the most intricate or strangely designed stuff stands really nicely while even something like just a guy in a suit could have an awful time avoiding a fall.

But in general they should stand quite nicely, much more so than Play Arts Kai stuff. Ugh those seem to be magnetically attracted to the floor.
Yeah,that's what i meant.If they can pull of fighting poses without stands.Thanks for the info!:)

Back