Square Enix Play Arts Kai Gets New Licenses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good man!

gow3o.jpg

I would have liked the paint app to have a bit more saturation, especially in the red.

And no so much shadowing on his face.

But overall a very well done figure :)

That's the money shot. Love that pic.

And the shadowing on the face looks ridiculous close up and in pictures, but honestly, when he's sitting on my shelf, I don't really notice it. His whole body is a shade darker than it actually should be, and although it doesn't look like it in the pictures, it does sort of blend a little bit. I've had several GoW fans see him in my house, and while they think it's an amazing figure, they all seem to suggest that he's overall a bit too dark. In my opinion, it would be a perfect figure without the shadows on the face. 8.5/10 for me.

He looks WAY more impressive than NECA's Kratos displayed (although the God Armor version was stunning), league's advanced over DC Direct's, and for the price difference, I still think his face looks much better than Sideshow's statue and the body shape/size is more accurate.

I got my 2nd Kratos figure yesterday (the first one's arm just fell off out of the box) he is my absolute favorite, right out of the PS3 into my hands.

2E2FC8C4-orig.jpg

I also didn't like the triangle shadowing on the Drake figure, so I just removed it, I am much happier with this figure now.

F1AD7EA5-orig.jpg

Sorry for the picture quality, I have to use my phone until I get a better camera.

Last edited:
How did you remove it? Nail polish remover?

I used Non-Acetone nail polish remover, I didn't want to chance it melting the plastic. I found it at Safeway, but I have found it at Walmart also.

030B185B-orig.jpg

I was having some fun with Cosmo.....Err...I mean Battle Cat!!!

Last edited:
I am glad to see Street Fighter on that list. I was disappointed with some of the first Play Arts pieces but they have gotten better. Although that goes along with the fact that Play Arts have raised their retail prices

I might, I want the newness to wear off first.

Hmm, okay. How easy is this process? I know nothing about touching up or repainting things figures, but if it's an easy fix I might just go ahead and try it as long as Kratos actual pain and tattoo won't come off with the shadows lol

Hmm, okay. How easy is this process? I know nothing about touching up or repainting things figures, but if it's an easy fix I might just go ahead and try it as long as Kratos actual pain and tattoo won't come off with the shadows lol

The red stripe is what I would be concerned about messing up. With Drake I just used a Q Tip and the acetone free nail polish remover in small amounts and worked the shading away. Drakes head is flesh colored so I didn't need to repaint and I think that the same process will work with Kratos, but there is a lot of shading.

The red stripe is what I would be concerned about messing up. With Drake I just used a Q Tip and the acetone free nail polish remover in small amounts and worked the shading away. Drakes head is flesh colored so I didn't need to repaint and I think that the same process will work with Kratos, but there is a lot of shading.

okay, I'm going to wait a bit too lol. As I said, the shadowing in person doesn't bother me much, and I certainly don't want to diminish the tattoo. Thanks.

That's the money shot. Love that pic.

And the shadowing on the face looks ridiculous close up and in pictures, but honestly, when he's sitting on my shelf, I don't really notice it. His whole body is a shade darker than it actually should be, and although it doesn't look like it in the pictures, it does sort of blend a little bit. I've had several GoW fans see him in my house, and while they think it's an amazing figure, they all seem to suggest that he's overall a bit too dark. In my opinion, it would be a perfect figure without the shadows on the face. 8.5/10 for me.

He looks WAY more impressive than NECA's Kratos displayed (although the God Armor version was stunning), league's advanced over DC Direct's, and for the price difference, I still think his face looks much better than Sideshow's statue and the body shape/size is more accurate.
Thanks a lot man! Appreciate it! :)

I saw the pics of Spike Spiegal and Vicious and they look incredible. Play Arts has really been on their game lately. It makes me wonder if new Cowboy Beebop may be on the horizon.

I saw the pics of Spike Spiegal and Vicious and they look incredible. Play Arts has really been on their game lately. It makes me wonder if new Cowboy Beebop may be on the horizon.

80$ is A LOT for me though. I almost wish they would've been Figmas or Figuarts.

I just had a pre-order for new Devil May Cry Dante and Vergil sent me i don't even know if these are the same sculpts as before, but i'm hoping the pricing is wrong because these are now costing me more trade price than what i was selling them for at retail.

Back