Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17th, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol seems like your not understanding what im
Saying it you aren’t reading properly . I don’t care what the consequences were. Spider-Man doesn’t rely on the iron suit. Period. He doesn’t need it. He barely uses his actual spider powers to fight in situations. Andrew abs Tobey wouldn’t need that tech cause get this! They relied on there own smarts instead of someone else’s .
Please stop bringing up that this Spider-Man grew up in a world of heroes. Almost every iteration of the character has and they never relied on stark tech or fought villains connected to stark .

telling me to pick up a comic but if you read comics you’d know Peter turned down the avengers and fought them cause he didn’t need help and saw them as corny.

so what if he lived in a penthouse? Ok? Tobey lived in a nice house with Harry to. Still went through pain and loss and could barely scrape by. Not to mention Osborn broke that bridge. It wasn’t like it was long term.

you keep bringing up the homecoming ending . The dude still uses the suit in every fight. He still relied on it. No way home is probably the first movie where he throws a damn punch .

i understand for space but for every other fight he was in? Nah.
See you keep saying he’s Spider-Man without the suit but turn around and say he needed the suit in these situations. No he didn’t . Spider-Man is a quick thinker. In the doc ock fight he didn’t need a suit to beat him. Tobey didn’t ? He was on a damn train . Much more perilous then a highway .

peter has access to suits before but they never lasted. If he was given a grand opportunity it would collasI think you miss the point of the character. He isn’t supposed to fit in he’s supposed to be his own person . The mcu isn’t an excuse for him to rely on anyone. He hasn’t before he wouldn’t now.

he ask for help against villains but he doesn’t make it a thing. He tries to handle things on his own . If it’s to much for him he will ask for help like with venom . Again no way home is probably the first time he throws a punch and fights like Spider-Man instead of using a billion dollar suit that has nanotechnology and literal armor .

the fact that he built the far from home suit ina billion dollar jet while happy was looking at him like he was a young tony stark should be enough proof to you that he was a protege to iron man rather than his own hero
Which situations did he barely use his spider powers for? Which? I pointed out the only times it's ever used in a fight (deleted scene doesn't count seeing as how they cut it out for a reason). Which heroes did Tobey and Andrew's Spideys grow up with? At best we get Easter Egg mentions but they're never shown or hinted at having any particular impact or weight in the world in direct contrast to the one MCU Peter grew up in.

How am I the one not reading properly when I pointed out that he doesn't rely on the suit other than that one fight with Otto? At best it's a breathing apparatus on Titan, and besides, there's a bit of a difference between fighting on a moving train (which is very difficult don't get me wrong, but much less so for a man with super-fast reflexes and sticking ability) and fighting to defend yourself against a previously unknown enemy while he hurls entire cars at you full of people you also need to save. Tobey had experience with Otto prior to the train and he wasn't distracted by constantly having to save passengers being flung onto the tracks. in NHW the Goblin only showed up after that was all resolved and the rest of the bystanders had enough time to escape.

This Peter only joined the Avengers when they needed his help and when it was directly threatening the very neighborhoods he was fighting to protect. What responsibility would he have had rejecting that fight and twiddling his thumbs in New York?

How on earth did Tom not go through pain and loss before this film? He had to die on an alien world with the cruelty of feeling it coming and the process lasting longer because of his powers, got resurrected having missed 5 years of life and only to lose a mentor and father figure, and was emotionally tortured and gaslit by Mysterio who later revealed his identity and framed him as a god damn murderer. He's gone through at least as much hardship as both Tobey and Andrew if not more.

He is nowhere near as reliant as you're painting him as and both FFH and NWH reinforce that he's his own person and not Tony.

"Again no way home is probably the first time he throws a punch and fights like Spider-Man instead of using a billion dollar suit that has nanotechnology and literal armor ." You are just flat out wrong, even in Infinity War he's punching Thanos in the face. Homecoming and Civil War are the only films where he doesn't throw any and it's an intentional choice because he's like 16 at that point and isn't fighting anyone with super durability.

The trilogy wanted to reinforce his supporting cast (which has always been a part of Spider-Man storytelling) and show their usefulness rather than being damsels or simple background characters. I really don't see how there's a problem with him having friends playing a part and we see the kind of storytelling it allows in NWH.

You keep complaining about the FFH suit's tech when all it provided was a way for him to get to the bridge from the plane and taser a few drones to break the illusion. The rest of the fight, Peter isn't using any special tech from Stark and is entirely reliant on his own innate abilities when he loses webbing as well. Hell, he finally beats Mysterio by closing his eyes and relying on his spider sense. How are you really going to claim that he needs the suit to win all of these fights? Peter is framed as Tony's spiritual successor, not his protege. He was Spider-Man before he met Tony and as Happy states, he's not Iron Man. The films go out of their way to directly contradict the claims you're making and you entirely ignore them in favor of focussing on the nifty-looking costumes.

Which situations did he barely use his spider powers for? Which? I pointed out the only times it's ever used in a fight (deleted scene doesn't count seeing as how they cut it out for a reason). Which heroes did Tobey and Andrew's Spideys grow up with? At best we get Easter Egg mentions but they're never shown or hinted at having any particular impact or weight in the world in direct contrast to the one MCU Peter grew up in.

How am I the one not reading properly when I pointed out that he doesn't rely on the suit other than that one fight with Otto? At best it's a breathing apparatus on Titan, and besides, there's a bit of a difference between fighting on a moving train (which is very difficult don't get me wrong, but much less so for a man with super-fast reflexes and sticking ability) and fighting to defend yourself against a previously unknown enemy while he hurls entire cars at you full of people you also need to save. Tobey had experience with Otto prior to the train and he wasn't distracted by constantly having to save passengers being flung onto the tracks. in NHW the Goblin only showed up after that was all resolved and the rest of the bystanders had enough time to escape.

This Peter only joined the Avengers when they needed his help and when it was directly threatening the very neighborhoods he was fighting to protect. What responsibility would he have had rejecting that fight and twiddling his thumbs in New York?

How on earth did Tom not go through pain and loss before this film? He had to die on an alien world with the cruelty of feeling it coming and the process lasting longer because of his powers, got resurrected having missed 5 years of life and only to lose a mentor and father figure, and was emotionally tortured and gaslit by Mysterio who later revealed his identity and framed him as a god damn murderer. He's gone through at least as much hardship as both Tobey and Andrew if not more.

He is nowhere near as reliant as you're painting him as and both FFH and NWH reinforce that he's his own person and not Tony.

"Again no way home is probably the first time he throws a punch and fights like Spider-Man instead of using a billion dollar suit that has nanotechnology and literal armor ." You are just flat out wrong, even in Infinity War he's punching Thanos in the face. Homecoming and Civil War are the only films where he doesn't throw any and it's an intentional choice because he's like 16 at that point and isn't fighting anyone with super durability.

The trilogy wanted to reinforce his supporting cast (which has always been a part of Spider-Man storytelling) and show their usefulness rather than being damsels or simple background characters. I really don't see how there's a problem with him having friends playing a part and we see the kind of storytelling it allows in NWH.

You keep complaining about the FFH suit's tech when all it provided was a way for him to get to the bridge from the plane and taser a few drones to break the illusion. The rest of the fight, Peter isn't using any special tech from Stark and is entirely reliant on his own innate abilities when he loses webbing as well. Hell, he finally beats Mysterio by closing his eyes and relying on his spider sense. How are you really going to claim that he needs the suit to win all of these fights? Peter is framed as Tony's spiritual successor, not his protege. He was Spider-Man before he met Tony and as Happy states, he's not Iron Man. The films go out of their way to directly contradict the claims you're making and you entirely ignore them in favor of focussing on the nifty-looking costumes.
Bro stop bringing up the fact that this Peter grew up with superheroes. So what? He uses his tech webs to fight vulture. And no it’s not more difficult to fight on a highway than a train. See you don’t know the character. Spider-Man wouldn’t need a high tech suit to fight doc ock. One of his rogues on a high way. Meanwhile Tobey fought on a runaway train, while people were being thrown out and managed to stop it without the suit. Sooooooo yea. Again Spider-Man is out of his league he uses his smarts and wits to fight and his strength. Stop making excuses for what is just failure. So what if it was an unknown villain. All Spider-Man’s villains are unknown to him at first. Tobey fought all his villains once and held his own .
He kicked thanos in the face big difference from a punch buddy. And he had help from dr strange to land a kick lol.

sixteen ? So what? He’s not aloud to fight cause of his age now. Spider-Man been throwing punches since he got his powers.

the trilogy wanted to support a supporting cast? What? Come on man . You know good and well the cast was trash and was a major failing point. None of the characters acted like the original source nor did they look like them.

also I like to add Peter doesn’t go to a prestigious science school. And your not hearing me. He still uses the billion dollar suit made from stark tech to fight mysterio . That upgraded suit was from stark tech anyway. He uses his spider sense to fight drones . Great! That didn’t change him. He’s back to wearing the iron spider suit once again .

yes he was Spider-Man before he met Tony . Theeennnn tony made him his iconic suit thus robbing him of his identity so his suit is tied to tony.

so basically everything he has pre nwh was tied . The villains , the suits , everything.
Also if we getting technical this Peter took aspects from miles more than 616 Peter. Ned is ganke, mj is whatever, Peter going to a science school and relying heavily on other heroes.

also your telling me that Peter blasting rock music on the plane while happy looks on abs smiles while Peter builds his suit isn’t like a homage to iron man? It’s literally throwing in your face that he’s now iron boy full fledged.

Last edited:
I really liked how they addressed the organic webs in contrast to the other two's synthetic webs.

I must say, I kind of wish they used the de-aging tech on Maguire, though while I do not mind seeing him much older, I wish he looked the same as his last Spider-Man appearance. Actually, come to think of it, I wonder during what time he did get pulled from.

Just saw this today and I absolutely loved it. Best of the MCU Spiderman films IMO and it wasn't because of the Toby and Andrew, but rather the villains. I liked how Peter's character evolved in this film. He grew up in one movie. Lastly, seeing MJ still wearing that necklace Peter gave him even if she doesn't remember him was pretty touching.

I wonder what the future holds for this franchise in the MCU though. It looks like the whole forget Peter Parker thing opened up a possibility of him not partaking in future Avengers activities.

Another multiverse Norman Osborn:
“I used to be something of a farmer myself”
(luv this guy)
D6D37173-5EC4-4EB3-8324-E8AF1A70356C.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep, I also realized that Vulture now doesn't know his secret identity anymore lol Speaking of which, I also wished he'd been in the movie, but I'm not sure how they would've fit him in.

INT. RYKER’S ISLAND - DAY TIME

Adrian Toomes (Vulture) notices the commotion in the prison common room.

Inmates gather around the TV. A news broadcast is playing.

Prisoner #2
“Spider-Man is just some kid?”

Prisoner #3
“That little punk broke my nose.”​

Toomes looks at the TV showing a picture of Peter Parker’s face next to a shaky image of Spider-Man.

Toomes
“Hah.”​

Toomes steps away and goes back to eating his snack. He looks up again and smiles

3A78D498-AFC3-4BA9-AC09-8FE35BE02B21.jpeg

Back