Spider-Man: No Way Home - 1/6th scale Spider-Man (Battling Version) Collectible Figure [Movie Promo Edition]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So $60 to $70 more for a stand that probably cost Hot Toys less than $5 to produce? Laughable.

So $60 to $70 more for a stand that probably cost Hot Toys less than $5 to produce? Laughable.
I have parted out figures in the past and sold similar stands in the past for $100. I have one stand i have been offered $150 for. So I'm sure i could easily do the same with this $5 one if i pick it up.

It’s a quite large diorama base with some pretty intricate sculpting. If a company were selling a diorama piece like this on its own, they’d totally charge $75-$100.

1638250268145.jpeg

1638250367592.jpeg

Good gravy. We’re in the era of Spider-Man figures costing as much as earlier diecast Iron Man figures.

The torch has truly been passed.

I’m surprised the listing does not say Sideshow Exclusive or show a per-person limit. Makes me wonder if it’s a regular release in the US that other retailers will be able to carry.

I would not count on it as it’s a Movie Promo Edition which might as well be called Sideshow exclusive in the US.

I'm surprised they haven't shown an Iron Spider Movie Promo Edition figure. Ideally with some minor improvements over the IW version like they did for the Tech and Homemade suits.

Though I feel Iron Spider deserves a full 2.0 personally.

Yeah I'm surprised too, given how the Iron Spider suit appeared in EG and FFH I thought it'd at least be re-released under those movie brands. Agree, a full 2.0 would be welcome.

Good gravy. We’re in the era of Spider-Man figures costing as much as earlier diecast Iron Man figures.

I would not count on it as it’s a Movie Promo Edition which might as well be called Sideshow exclusive in the US.

Yeah the price seems steep now. I think some folk are going to feel priced out soon if not already. I suppose the big ol' diorama base plays a large part in the price as seen with the Stealth Suit and Integrated Suit figs. Though in my opinion I think it should've been around 285~315.

Yeah I'm surprised too, given how the Iron Spider suit appeared in EG and FFH I thought it'd at least be re-released under those movie brands. Agree, a full 2.0 would be welcome.
It seems to have an action sequence and an important plot point in No Way Home so I figured it’d get a Movie Promo release.

Plus they’ve shown they’re not afraid of putting a bunch of Spider-Man figures for sale at once.

I was never fully satisfied with the Infinity War version so I would’ve liked another shot at one. It’ll probably happen eventually in some form.

Yea why they moved away from the iconic red and blue to red and gold and even more gold puzzles me. Adds gasoline to the whole “iron boy” argument. I swear if this movie wasn’t a multiverse movie with multiple characters/villains I wouldn’t buy a damn figure.
This Spider-Man being hunted by kraven? No thanks .

An Iron Spider 2.0 with diecast parts or like the hot toys video game Iron Spider with plastic parts would be the dream(the red parts of the suit, the blue could still be fabric)

Diorama's rarely look good in a display. If anything, they take away from the figure itself, because it's just part of a surrouding which looks incomplete. I wouldn't even have a stand if figures could stand on their own. Bases and diorama's are never a selling point personally, unless it somehow fits seamlessly in with the background you have it displayed with. This one is a cut off building and I can image how aesthetically unappealing it will be on a glass or shelf display.

The price is because of the big honkin' base and nothing more. Remember the Integrated Suit figure was unveiled a week earlier with a ton of accessories for $285. A significant markup from the $251 that the Far From Home suit cost with most of the same stuff, but you are getting the iron spider legs.

1638285866514.png

Diorama's rarely look good in a display. If anything, they take away from the figure itself, because it's just part of a surrouding which looks incomplete. I wouldn't even have a stand if figures could stand on their own. Bases and diorama's are never a selling point personally, unless it somehow fits seamlessly in with the background you have it displayed with. This one is a cut off building and I can image how aesthetically unappealing it will be on a glass or shelf display.
Yeah they're not going to work well in a packed display case but they're great for photos though.

Can someone tell me why this is going to take over a year to come out?
It is a rehash costume and a few new parts... this thing should be released
next month, by all accounts... especially as a "MOVIE PROMO EDITION".
What in the hell are you promoting in 2023?

Hot Toys as a whole needs to get their **** together.

The price is because of the big honkin' base and nothing more. Remember the Integrated Suit figure was unveiled a week earlier with a ton of accessories for $285. A significant markup from the $251 that the Far From Home suit cost with most of the same stuff, but you are getting the iron spider legs.

View attachment 548342

Yeah they're not going to work well in a packed display case but they're great for photos though.
Don't forget the half-masked sculpt. Clearly HT believes that is a very valuable piece.

When half the members here think 6+ figures in a detolf cube is "a good display" but complain that a diorama base "takes away from the figures" then the lack of display pieces becomes really apparent. Bases are valuable, enhance a CLEAN collection, and add visual variety. The aftermarket prices on basically every dio base proves that people want them. I'd 10x over rather see a figure come with a dio base have them drop any and every light up feature in trade.

Back