Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One) | October 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did Sony secretly lose the rights to Spider-Man himself? Are all these spinoff movies just bluffs?

I have never heard of this character or actor, should be good :lol

Why do they keep making Spider-Man villain movies without Spider-Man?
They have to make or have in production a Spider-Man film within a certain period of time or they lose the license. I don't think this is the case here though. They clearly are trying to build out a Spider-Verse without Spider-Man at the moment, which is obviously dumb It does kind of look like they want to do a Sinister Six movie and perhaps build a team of Spider heroes like Silver Sable, Spider-Gwen, Madame Web, Spider-Woman.

Morbius is sitting on a box office of $156 mil. The Incredible Hulk at the MCU's worst was $256 mil and that was like 14 years ago. :lol

They have to make or have in production a Spider-Man film within a certain period of time or they lose the license. I don't think this is the case here though. They clearly are trying to build out a Spider-Verse without Spider-Man at the moment, which is obviously dumb It does kind of look like they want to do a Sinister Six movie and perhaps build a team of Spider heroes like Silver Sable, Spider-Gwen, Madame Web, Spider-Woman.

Morbius is sitting on a box office of $156 mil. The Incredible Hulk at the MCU's worst was $256 mil and that was like 14 years ago. :lol
Is that true though? I thought they owned the Spider-Man film rights.

Is that true though? I thought they owned the Spider-Man film rights.
They own the film rights. Besides buying the Fox (X-Men/mutants/F4) rights, others like Ghost Rider that Sony did own, just let it revert back to Marvel/Disney because Sony wasn't going to make another one. Fox owned DD and let the rights go back, Lionsgate? with Punisher. Universal has some weird distribution rights to a Hulk movie, which is why you haven't seen a Hulk movie since Incredible.

Yea Sony is basically crapping out Spider-Man villain movies to hold onto the rights and dumping them in January so that they can obviously fail. Very weird strategy. They think people are clamoring for a sinister six movie for whatever reason. Nobody wants it. Someone there (possibly avi arad) really think they can make profit from Spider-Man villains or people tied to his mythos.

Amazing Sony still listens to that hack . Literally almost destroyed the brand . These guys really thought people would spend hard earned money on a movie about aunt may. They need to lose these rights.

I hope we get an announcement of Marvel and Sony team up on another Spidey trilogy soon. Maybe at D23. At least we know which villains/heroes won't be featured in them and that is the crap Sony is solely making.

I hope so to. Or else we’ll be getting an origin story about the guy who shot uncle Ben. It’s what the fans want ya know?

Wow, 5 whole seconds of Miguel...

OrderlyDismalCentipede-max-1mb.gif

I don't give a single, solitary cent about Miles, and Gwen and whoever else. Give me Miguel and nothing else. Also, I really hope Lyla has a redesign. The Monroe look is a classic; whatever that outfit was in that post credits scene, certainly wasn't. And I'm also hoping for a proper, live action 2099 movie sometime soon...

I look at miles as the Batman beyond of the Spider-Man lore
2099 is probably the more accurate comparison, but I actually agree with you.

Loved the first film despite not being a fan of this multiverse stuff (just seems like a cheap, gimmicky way to justify multiple takes on the same character). Hopefully this one has the same amount of heart and doesn't lose itself in the meta.

Don't threaten me with a good time baby.
ae415fa3048549b1beac4d5c75221e90.gif

I look at miles as the Batman beyond of the Spider-Man lore
Miguel is the Terry of the Spider-Man IP (and also the original, as Beyond was a blatant attempt at DC 2099). Miles is... dunno, Tim? Just pick one of the numerous modern Robins. I never liked the Robins, any of them. Even as a kid I loathed them. I didn't see the point. I only like Damian because he's like a mini Namor. And I'm kinda fond of Dick. I used to like Jay/Red Hood, but he's a more PG Bat-Verse Punisher so... what's the point, you know? Dick and Damian are all I need. Jason and his death work thematically though. Tim I've always found redundant, but I get the argument for why he exists (to bring Batman to the light again). And so we're right back to start. For my money, having Dick as THE Robin, who outgrows his role, leaving Batman alone but more mature, until Damian rolls around, is how it should be. Barbara can stay, and maybe Cass too. Tim, Steph, all the new OCs of the last decade; bah.

Whatever, enough with the bats. I'm here to talk about Miguel, dammit! If I don't get some Miguel goodness from this I'll riot. And Marvel better follow the SM 2099 Omni with a DOOM 2099 one.

Back