Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One) | October 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally, my main man Miguel is getting some recognition. I passed on the previous HT because it didn't have any extras or HS. If HT does another one from this, and it isn't too cartoony and has a Miguel/Oscar Isaac head, I'll be grabbing it. If not, I'll hope for a proper live action solo 2099 movie, but I can see myself shelling out 500€ on the current one years from now...

Spider-Man-2099.jpg

I do hope they redesign Lyla though. She looked pretty bad in that post credits scene. Dare I hope for a Doom 2099 cameo?

Amazing-Spider-Man-34-1.jpg
Please do yourself a favour and get that 2099.
I got him myself and it’s a beautiful piece. The realistic look vs the animated look makes him go along side your other figures very well. The different tones/materials of the blue are amazing. Resale if you prefer the animated one, when it is available dor purchase in 3 years.

I am at issue 24 of his og comics and coming from a non comic reader that’s pretty impressive. What’s that panel from? Cant wait to finish it and get to the newer stuff.

F60AE173-7D80-4480-B6DE-FF5747C7BDBD.jpeg

Very excited for ATSV, the way they introduced him was perfect. Quick, efficient, calculated. When 2099 appeared on screen, you can immediately hear a audio swift to synthezisers, which is spot on.

Attachments

• 631EEBEA-AE16-477E-9DBF-05C02F6B5CAC.jpeg
    631EEBEA-AE16-477E-9DBF-05C02F6B5CAC.jpeg
    514.8 KB · Views: 35
Finally, my main man Miguel is getting some recognition. I passed on the previous HT because it didn't have any extras or HS. If HT does another one from this, and it isn't too cartoony and has a Miguel/Oscar Isaac head, I'll be grabbing it. If not, I'll hope for a proper live action solo 2099 movie, but I can see myself shelling out 500€ on the current one years from now...

Spider-Man-2099.jpg

I do hope they redesign Lyla though. She looked pretty bad in that post credits scene. Dare I hope for a Doom 2099 cameo?

Amazing-Spider-Man-34-1.jpg
spider-man-spider-man-2099-black-suit_marvel_gallery_5f1638a1e33ae.jpg

I'd have gotten the "Black Suit" figure if it was actually "black" .
Although he still looks great either way, I like the splashed-edgy illustration style for his animated look here,
5wuyb5.gif

but of course this multi-U continues to knowingly agree to perpetuate the black suit as all electric blue, as most have come to see it
fbbcCzk.jpg

Yeah it's nod to the original comic version which was in fact supposed to represent a black suit, despite all the blue.
Throughout his first appearance origin arc the first main antagonist repeatedly refers to his costume as black.
And Miguel even refers to it as black.....
BINBKCs.jpg

So in comic parlance, you are somehow looking at a black suit.
Hot-Toycopys-MSM-Spider-Man-Spider-Man-2099-Black-Suit-collectible-figure_PR19-1280x720.jpg

He is fantastic, and I do prefer the darker blue, to the usual electric blue, those still wondering how this is the supposed represent a "Black Suit" version when it's still blue?
It is a fascinating and bizarre nuance of the genre, when developers and fandom can all just knowingly agree to perpetuate something they know is innately wrong, and accommodate even things as contrary as "Black Suit" figure done in blue.

Of course that's nothing new or surprising in the world of comics, going back to Batman who originally was obviously meant to be Grey and Black, although to illustrate what were suposed to be highlighted(shiny) black parts on the black, they just used blue (see Superman's hair too) , yet those highlights in some costumes quickly came to be default interpreted as all blue. Same for Spider-Man who was originally meant to be black and red, yet the blue soon came to bee seen as the default.

HCpTJmZ.jpg

This trend just continued with Spider-Man 2099 whose costume is conically black, yet interpreted as blue .

EG in the cover, all three Spider-Man(Peter) Spider-Man 2009(Miguel) and Venom, all use the same coloring highlight.
Yet nobody then models Venom in Blue.
SpiderMan2099TeamUp_cover.jpg

I do prefer it when his suit is rendered closer to black. with the comic blue just to indicate highlights.
His original Whose Who entry ...
spider16.jpg

spiderman928.jpg

Spiderman-2099-Marvel-Comics-h1.jpg

4632f93ccd6199493c0b4a7ac1cde50c.jpg

Spider-Man-2099-Bowen-Designs-Statue-Marvel-2013.jpg
wtw16pbtj9yz.jpg

DIG061565_1._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Dedv7-eVAAAXcqM.jpg

I'd love to see the "Black Suit" actually done in Black.
Also agree with many they should have included a cape/web-wings element.

Last edited:
You don’t like when people share a different opinion? :lol

I like the story, the characters (bar Spider-Ham), the music, the writing, the “moments” and the humour. Together it all just works for me.

I love Spider-Man 2, but this is just better to me.
Did I say I don’t like when people share different opinions? Lol no. I just don’t like when people say it’s the best. Not hating your opinion lol

Comics aren't live action either. If anything I'd say animated films are the closest you'll get to a moving comic and isn't that what everyone wants, authenticity?
Nah there is something about live action that works to. Animation you can get away away with a whole lots more but there is a great magic to seeing your fav characters come to life .

Please do yourself a favour and get that 2099.
I got him myself and it’s a beautiful piece. The realistic look vs the animated look makes him go along side your other figures very well. The different tones/materials of the blue are amazing. Resale if you prefer the animated one, when it is available dor purchase in 3 years.

I am at issue 24 of his og comics and coming from a non comic reader that’s pretty impressive. What’s that panel from? Cant wait to finish it and get to the newer stuff.

View attachment 549248

Very excited for ATSV, the way they introduced him was perfect. Quick, efficient, calculated. When 2099 appeared on screen, you can immediately hear a audio swift to synthezisers, which is spot on.
He does look impressive, no doubt about that. But I'm juggling POs at the moment, so he's on the backburner alongside the Star Wars stuff I missed. Which means that I'm hoping for a proper 2099 movie, since, like I said, I want some extras and a HS to feel as if I truly own the perfect representation. It being just a costume from the game makes it feel kinda "off" to me, and I can't pull the trigger.

The panel I posted, with Doom, is from a newer Amazing Spider-Man vol where they dragged in the 2099 characters. The original comics have a bit of a convulted timeline when they start doing crossovers. Currently there are technically two Miguels, one in 616 ******* his gf all day and another still stuck in the "proper" 2099. Nobody cares to fix it though, so... eh. Next year is 30 years since 2099 launched, so you know they'll do a celebration or something. I'm crossing my fingers for a mini relaunch. Spider-Man and Doom are a must, anything else would be a bonus.

I'd have gotten the "Black Suit" figure if it was actually "black" .
Although he still looks great either way, I like the splashed-edgy illustration style for his amated look here,
5wuyb5.gif

but of course this multi-U continues to knowingly agree to perpetuate the black suit as all electric blue, as most have come to see it
At this point I've gotten so used to the blue miscolour that I cannot get into the proper black suit. I love how the figure itself looks, but I just can't pull the trigger. Honestly, I'm scared of the giant skull spider peeling off as well. It's a a small dream of mine to have a Terry & Miguel displayed together, but I'm willing to wait a bit more.

I LOVE my 2099 HT Spidey. Honestly, if the dark blue was black, I would not get it. It looks fantastic with the color it comes with now and I wouldn't want it any other way. Too bad the game didn't feature the web arms or it would have come with them.

Ultimate future is now crossover...
D2CjmI9XgAUT7Xi.jpg
I liked that trend back in the day, not gonna lie (although Unlimited doesn't really fit; it's just Peter stuck in Counter-Earth). I was thinking of a small CyberPunk shelf, with 2099, Beyond, a Deckard, maybe Neo, a Dredd, and so on. It'd be a nifty display. If only such figures were made...

He does look impressive, no doubt about that. But I'm juggling POs at the moment, so he's on the backburner alongside the Star Wars stuff I missed. Which means that I'm hoping for a proper 2099 movie, since, like I said, I want some extras and a HS to feel as if I truly own the perfect representation. It being just a costume from the game makes it feel kinda "off" to me, and I can't pull the trigger.

The panel I posted, with Doom, is from a newer Amazing Spider-Man vol where they dragged in the 2099 characters. The original comics have a bit of a convulted timeline when they start doing crossovers. Currently there are technically two Miguels, one in 616 ******* his gf all day and another still stuck in the "proper" 2099. Nobody cares to fix it though, so... eh. Next year is 30 years since 2099 launched, so you know they'll do a celebration or something. I'm crossing my fingers for a mini relaunch. Spider-Man and Doom are a must, anything else would be a bonus.

At this point I've gotten so used to the blue miscolour that I cannot get into the proper black suit. I love how the figure itself looks, but I just can't pull the trigger. Honestly, I'm scared of the giant skull spider peeling off as well. It's a a small dream of mine to have a Terry & Miguel displayed together, but I'm willing to wait a bit more.
I am willing to bet a true black suit 2099 will never come and like Mat said, he is visually so much more appealing in blue than in black. In a darker room, the blue does turn more black with a blueish hue, and the red pops. You can see his mean chiseled face behind the mask.
I get why you would be afraid of that but that's an easy issue to fix, just glue it back on lol. my only gripe would be his talons, which are just extended pieces, but I always have him posed with closed fists anyway.

The best look for me has been the 2099 from a Spiderman game. But I have to say, the new one is pretty nice too. Weird because at the end of the first movie, he had his original costume, but now it seems radically changed.

B3676913-C668-42F4-AE00-B3310683F4A0.png
BA13D61D-1ED7-4F8E-A159-D5E6D68F846D.jpeg

I am willing to bet a true black suit 2099 will never come and like Mat said, he is visually so much more appealing in blue than in black. In a darker room, the blue does turn more black with a blueish hue, and the red pops. You can see his mean chiseled face behind the mask.
I get why you would be afraid of that but that's an easy issue to fix, just glue it back on lol. my only gripe would be his talons, which are just extended pieces, but I always have him posed with closed fists anyway.

The best look for me has been the 2099 from a Spiderman game. But I have to say, the new one is pretty nice too. Weird because at the end of the first movie, he had his original costume, but now it seems radically changed.

View attachment 549593View attachment 549594
I loved the Shattered Dimensions look as well. It's what I'm hoping for if he does get a movie down the line. I'm still holding on for that, to tell you the truth. I'm playing the waiting game for now, but if 2027 or something hits and there's still no light on the horizon for a new 2099, I'll go back and get the VGM version. I just feel as if I should wait a bit, see what happens.

Back