Speculation - MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great display, shells! I was thinking of doing the same using the Dragon/DML German WWII Jerry cans. I've got a set heading my way.

I think I just need a really good head sculpt and I'll be happy with my "Max".

And we definitely need that Gyro Capt.!

Here was the (I believe) Japanese sculpt I referred to in the Premier toys Max thread. The likeness is not quite there but I do like the battle damaged sculpt and appreciate the work that has gone into it. My dream would be to see a similar weary look captured by Sculptor Jay or Buffy. Man, that would be awesome.

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 28
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 19
12846975005_085d9ee1ea_n.jpg

The newest prototype turnarounds revealed (the right sleeve should likley be removable)
63jf5q.gif

63jfb6.gif
:lol

I think his Bathound sorry I mean Dog is still in the concept phase. :wink1:

And don't worry they're just moving the arrow quiver to the gauntlet.
63jjv9.gif

Last edited:
Great display, shells! I was thinking of doing the same using the Dragon/DML German WWII Jerry cans. I've got a set heading my way.

I think I just need a really good head sculpt and I'll be happy with my "Max".

And we definitely need that Gyro Capt.!
Yeah, I used a strip of 6mm X 6mm aluminium for the bar, painted it with Vallejo ' Rust ' paint. I think the Jerry cans are by DiD, they got German words and SS insignia on them. The handles fit perfectly with the 6X6 aluminium bar. So you can just slide the cans on the bar.

Yeah hopefully we will get a run of Max sculpts from someone, this year. I will keep my eyes peeled to see if anyone is making them. :pray:

Last time I checked in with Russia From Love Customs, he said he still had some Max sculpts.

Yeah, I used a strip of 6mm X 6mm aluminium for the bar, painted it with Vallejo ' Rust ' paint. I think the Jerry cans are by DiD, they got German words and SS insignia on them. The handles fit perfectly with the 6X6 aluminium bar. So you can just slide the cans on the bar.

Yeah hopefully we will get a run of Max sculpts from someone, this year. I will keep my eyes peeled to see if anyone is making them. :pray:

Last time I checked in with Russia From Love Customs, he said he still had some Max sculpts.

Thanks for the info for the bar. I'll look into that further. The Jerry can set that I picked up are these:

mad max jerry cans sm.jpg

The clear plastic cover has yellowed with age but the cans should be fine.

I'm following one custom sculpt over the Custom forums. As for the WRFL sculpt, that's my backup plan. His looks decent and comes painted but I want to see what the first one looks like before committing the heavy funds.

…About bloody time, good things and all that. Though the head doesn’t appear to match the body skin tone, not sure how bad or obvious it will look in person 🤦🏻‍♂️

Still, I’m happy this is finally happening…

Attachments

• 30D793A5-165D-4021-ACEB-5AA13D31DE93.jpeg
    30D793A5-165D-4021-ACEB-5AA13D31DE93.jpeg
    839.8 KB · Views: 0
Back