Waiting for Reveal: Haldir at Helm's Deep - The Two Towers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would take a sculpted or a rooted hair version, really don’t mind as long as the sculpt looks good, has a well tailored outfit etc (and just that we get a figure of him!). Glad to hear Asmus are at least considering making him though…it’s a little bit of hope but I’ll take it!

Hi guys, sorry about the late reply.

We have yet set a date for Haldir's production, but it is a character we would very much love to do.
If he happens, it would be somewhere in 2023... (sorry)

However, I don't think we are able to do a good slick hair type root hair at the moment.
(such as Legolas ) you wish the hair to look neat and flat on top, and the hair-line to be natural stead of a "trench" (unfortunately :Eomer...)
therefore the only way to operate this is sculpted hair. But I assume no one wants a sculpted haired Haldir...

So, there is a certain difficulty to make a good Haldir right now
Would you consider making the galadhrim soldiers in the meantime ?

Yes, Galadhrim Archers/Soldiers would be great if we could get them this year. They shouldn’t be too much tweaking from the prologue soldiers they released.

The split molded/rooted hair hasn't convinced me yet. It may look good from the front but other angles tend to look strange. I would prefer either all molded or all rooted, to be honest. In Haldir's case, I think I'm leaning towards molded, as he doesn't wear a helmet so one can't hide seams, for example.

I know he doesn’t wear a helmet in the films, but they could include one as an accessory, especially if they’re going to produce them anyway if they make Galadhrim soldiers. Seems like a way to give everyone a display option if they don’t like whatever hair.

I do think the mixed method is better - particularly because it’s better to have a molded hairline for no seam, but without some real hair it will be tough to pose him holding his bow, you won’t be able to turn the head with long, sculpted hair.

Seems like everyone (so far) is good with sculpted or hybrid hair, except maybe FlyAndFight but I'm mad at him for his extremely poor joke about pushing Haldir to the back of the line in another thread so we're going to pretend that comment doesn't exist.

Jerk.

I know @AD Artwork said they didn't think that people would want sculpted/hybrid hair in favor of rooted and thus Haldir might not be feasible until 2023. However, since we're seeing that the group is actually in favor of the hair not being rooted, maybe @Asmus can get a sculpt going and get us Haldir and his soldiers for 4Q this year??

Seems like everyone (so far) is good with sculpted or hybrid hair, except maybe FlyAndFight but I'm mad at him for his extremely poor joke about pushing Haldir to the back of the line in another thread so we're going to pretend that comment doesn't exist.

Jerk.

I know @AD Artwork said they didn't think that people would want sculpted/hybrid hair in favor of rooted and thus Haldir might not be feasible until 2023. However, since we're seeing that the group is actually in favor of the hair not being rooted, maybe @Asmus can get a sculpt going and get us Haldir and his soldiers for 4Q this year??

You guys' voice have already being passed to our design team.
But I think they are so busy checking up on Ash at the moment.

I am sure Haldir will be in our schedule somewhere if we can do a mixed hair.

I am sure Haldir will be in our schedule somewhere if we can do a mixed hair.
1642633174684.gif

Yes, Galadhrim Archers/Soldiers would be great if we could get them this year. They shouldn’t be too much tweaking from the prologue soldiers they released.
The Prologue elves have very different sets of armor and helmets compared to the Third Age Galadhrim. The swords and bows can be reused because Asmus accidentally made the Galadhrim bow first and included in the prologue sets.

I actually thought the armor was more similar than it is. I know what the Galadhrim armor looks like pretty well, but I just looked at the Last Alliance armor and yeah, it is a bit different. I guess I was wrong there.

Coming soon to a board near you: RandomHero bullies Asmus into an Eowyn figure. Will he works his magic for Gil-Galad after? Stay tuned!
I`d like you to works your magic to bully Asmus to do Gil-Galad first, if you don`t mind. I thank you!!! :lol

I`d like you to works your magic to bully Asmus to do Gil-Galad first, if you don`t mind. I thank you!!! :lol
Not sure if quoting my typo was mocking or paying tribute but you're either first or last in line here for the next power thread, I can tell you that much. Haha.

Coming soon to a board near you: RandomHero bullies Asmus into an Eowyn figure. Will he works his magic for Gil-Galad after? Stay tuned!
:lol Looking forward to it! Keep fighting the good fight on behalf of all us Asmus LOTR collectors RandomHero!

Back