Speculate - what will be the variant in the PF Buffy exclusive?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious to see what the deal is with the book as well. If it's something really underwhelming, I may just cancel and get the regular version cheaper somewhere else.

I'm kinda with you on this exclusive, FrankenFan. Will it stand up on the base, next to Buffy's feet? Or will it be too big for that? If so, as you've asked, will there be a stand for it? Otherwise, how can it be displayed? I need to see a pic of it and decide if the exclusive is the way I want to go, or, as TheObsoleteMan has mentioned, if I'll just buy the exclusive from a retailer for less money. I wish the cross necklace were a standard item on this figure, but I would have STILL gone for the exclusive version even if the cross necklace were all that was extra. :joy

The vampyre book... hmmm.... That would have been perfect with a Giles PF, but Buffy...? :cool:

They started this trend with Star Wars, the mouse droid and training remote being seperate objects that have to be displayed seperately. But with Spider-man's camera and Buffy's book the exclusive isn't really easily displayed with the figure.

My ideal exclusive is something like Leia, an added display piece that's integral to the character which allows for varied displays.

That should be the new exclusive rule.

"seperate objects that have to be displayed seperately"

It makes total sense how can we display Buffys book?

The Grave Stone again would of been cool, or even a dirt mound with an arm coming out.

Well, as I said above, the Mouse Droid is designed to sit on a section of Death Star flooring. The Training Remote includes "ts own unique display base," and according to the description on the PF Spidey's product page, "You can display your Spider-Man with the camera hanging from his neck, or hang it from a rooftop vent."

So What does the book do and how best to display it with Buffy? I dunno. Maybe in place of the nameplate, the exclusive's base could feature a recessed area or ledge where the book could be displayed?

Hmmm. Maybe not. :dunno

FrankenFan said:
Well, as I said above, the Mouse Droid is designed to sit on a section of Death Star flooring. The Training Remote includes "ts own unique display base," and according to the description on the PF Spidey's product page, "You can display your Spider-Man with the camera hanging from his neck, or hang it from a rooftop vent."

So What does the book do and how best to display it with Buffy? I dunno. Maybe in place of the nameplate, the exclusive's base could feature a recessed area or ledge where the book could be displayed?

Hmmm. Maybe not. :dunno

that looks really cool!!!:horror

I still hope they include her necklace and with the book, an alternate arm so she can hold it

Lynxje said:
It's been a while since I've seen the first seasons of Buffy, but did she actually ever use that book herself? :huh
Buffy never even touched the book. When she first encounters Giles in the library, he presents the book to her, but she wants nothing to do with it leaves the room post haste.

And that's the only time the book is ever seen in an episode. (I think.)

There is a publicity still of Buffy holding the book open before her as Giles looks on over her shoulder. It's featured on the box art for the Factory X Vampyre Book prop replica:

I, too, think that the only time we see the Vampyre book in an actual episode is the 1st one. Then, of course, we see it in the opening credits for the rest of the series' run, or so it seems. Other than that, can't say that I recall ever seeing it anywhere, any time, in a Buffy ep. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I like the book, but as I've posted elsewhere, I don't know if I want it for $30 more than I can get the non-exclusive figure from a dealer.

Still wish the 'exclusive' item had been her cross necklace.

Still wish they'd ADD the cross necklace, exclusive or otherwise. :D

Back