Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

haytil

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Reaction score
Hi,

I receive the "Yesterday's Forum Activity" newsletters every day, which updates me on which threads have received posts the previous day. It's a fantastic way to keep people engaged, as well as inform them of what new topics have come up.

However, there are so many threads listed, and most of the stuff I am interested in get lost in the stuff I'm not interested in, reducing the utility of the newsletter (and making it feel like kind of a chore to go through). Is there a way to specify which forums will have their threads included in the newsletters? Example: I'm interested in DC figures, but not Marvel or Star Wars, so it does me no good to see a list of topics discussed with respect to Marvel or Star Wars - in fact, it makes it harder to scan the newsletter for topics that interest me (DC) when there's all that Star Wars and Marvel stuff.

If there isn't such a function, is that something we can add to our subscription preferences? (Right now, all I see is a "Frequency" setting).

Thanks!

haytil

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Reaction score
That is not a function now. But I'll mention it to the programmer.
Thank you.

If it's a question of time, energy, and priorities, I am happy to donate my time and skills as a software developer, to seeing it get done, so that way your programmer doesn't have to shift focus from what he feels is most important to him and the site.

I know it's all-too-easy for people to ask for new features and just expect someone else it implement it all.

Yoda

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Super Moderator
CF Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer. I've brought it to his attention and we will see if it would work since our newsletter s/w is made for us.
But nice to know a software developer is offering a solution to his request.
What type of software do you usually work on, does it relate to forum software or this type of request?

Yoda

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Super Moderator
CF Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Hi again. Tech said a good idea and he can incorporate it in the next update.