Sourcing pleather to repair rotten original parts.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asgardianboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Trying to repair a SSC 1/6 Anakin's pleather tabards.
Took all measurements, just need to source material.
It has to be black, with some texture to it, as matte as
possible (right?) & thin as hell. Also very durable,
but..... oh well......

Found this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165290611886
Do you experts agree w/ me this offering at least looks
the part?
Any better alternative that you are aware of?
Thx!

Hi everyone.
Trying to repair a SSC 1/6 Anakin's pleather tabards.
Took all measurements, just need to source material.
It has to be black, with some texture to it, as matte as
possible (right?) & thin as hell. Also very durable,
but..... oh well......

Found this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165290611886
Do you experts agree w/ me this offering at least looks
the part?
Any better alternative that you are aware of?
Thx!
Anakin's leather tabards should be a little bit shiny, not matte.

I work with a lot of commercial fabric companies in my job. They are all jobbers that work with fabric mills all over the world, and rarely weave their own fabrics. The polyurethane/silicone market is expanding drastically. Lots and lots of options, most of it being made in Korea and China. Most of the fabric for commercial interiors are probably too thick to use as 1/6 scale clothing, but I wonder if you could get ahold of a polyurethane mill. They usually have a 2 piece minimum (meaning 100 yards of $80/yd fabric), but they may also have some stock or know where to get it near you

I work with a lot of commercial fabric companies in my job. They are all jobbers that work with fabric mills all over the world, and rarely weave their own fabrics. The polyurethane/silicone market is expanding drastically. Lots and lots of options, most of it being made in Korea and China. Most of the fabric for commercial interiors are probably too thick to use as 1/6 scale clothing, but I wonder if you could get ahold of a polyurethane mill. They usually have a 2 piece minimum (meaning 100 yards of $80/yd fabric), but they may also have some stock or know where to get it near you
Thanks for the info, but not being my area of expertise, I don't
know what I have to do next. Any suggestions?
Thx

use real leather, check ebay for scrap leather just make sure the size is enough. ask them for the thinnest leather that fits your color and finishing requirements. iirc goat or sheep skin is the thinnest. you can sand down the suede side of you want them thinner. real leather beats any processed leather and they last for long time.

Back