Soosootoys Watchmen (2009) line - news and group shots

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ozymandias and Silk Spectre are characters you get just because you have the rest of them. For me anyway

Yeah, I’m kind of in the same camp. But when I assembled my nine member LotR collection I felt the same about Merry and Pippin. I enjoyed them in the movie trilogy but the Asmus figures are a bit lower quality than the others. But I’m still delighted to have the full set.

With the big line up movies I feel like you either get the 1-3 characters you really like to represent (depending on how many there are in the line) or you just suck it up and get the entire set. Like for Watchman, I’m at least getting Rorschach then I might get Nightowl. I wanted Comedian but with how he turned out, I’m not so sure. If I could somehow find a parted out HT head, then I probably would pull the trigger.

With the big line up movies I feel like you either get the 1-3 characters you really like to represent (depending on how many there are in the line) or you just suck it up and get the entire set. Like for Watchman, I’m at least getting Rorschach then I might get Nightowl. I wanted Comedian but with how he turned out, I’m not so sure. If I could somehow find a parted out HT head, then I probably would pull the trigger.

Wow, I think Soosoo’s masked head sculpt looks way better than HT’s. There’s something a bit overly maniacal about the HT one. He’s got a crazed look in the eyes. By the same token, Soosoo’s unmasked Comedian head sculpt just looks goofy. Anyway, eventually we’ll get a comparison video to see. But I have a feeling that in-hand Soosoos’ Rorschach and Comedian are going to slay. Anyway, I can see many collectors only getting from among, say, Rorschach, Comedian, Nite Owl, and Doctor Manhattan though.

Wow, I think Soosoo’s masked head sculpt looks way better than HT’s. There’s something a bit overly maniacal about the HT one. He’s got a crazed look in the eyes. By the same token, Soosoo’s unmasked Comedian head sculpt just looks goofy. Anyway, eventually we’ll get a comparison video to see. But I have a feeling that in-hand Soosoos’ Rorschach and Comedian are going to slay. Anyway, I can see many collectors only getting from among, say, Rorschach, Comedian, Nite Owl, and Doctor Manhattan though.
The SooSoo one looks a bit too exaggerated around the mouth especially where the cigar is sort of like a caricature to me. Not trying to hate on it. I look at it and want to like it but it just doesn’t look quite right to my eyes.

Damn straight. Far superior.

It was fascinating to me what Snyder did with Ozymandias in his 2009 film. Zack drew upon pop culture in his own approach to deconstruction of the superhero genre. Alan Moore‘s comic run deconstructed superhero comics. Snyder was deconstructing superhero mythology more from a film perspective. Adrian Veidt is essentially a Bond villain. And in that aspect Matthew Goode was an inspired casting choice. Moore’s Ozymandias is morally ambiguous. Snyder’s Ozymandias is clearly the villain, a megalomaniac for whom power has clearly gone to his head.

Anybody has pics of the non produced hot toys young comedian headsculpt?
i think it was by Trevor grove or Andy Bergholtz.
Thanks

Posted last night or today by Soosoo on Soosoo Fans FB group with comment “we are ready.“ Might mean Rorschach is ready to ship? In the thread when asked about his trench coat Soosoo commented “update soon.”

Could also mean further confirmation that they’re going all-in with making the entire team, as they had already stated just a few days ago.

597A2022-BC1A-4F13-9DD6-1D7DF56CF700.jpeg

was hoping it would be released this week as they said in 10 days last week with the comedian reveal.
No final invoice from my reseller so soosootoys have yet to ship the stocks to the resellers.
Probably end of next week...

That would be cool to see. Sort of surprised SooSoo didn’t include a young Comedian headsculpt.

According to a member of Soosoo Fans FB group he messaged Soosoo Admin and inquired about this and he says they are interested in providing one plus a flame thrower. They asked him to provide photos of the flame thrower from the movie, and he did so plus adding a bit of research from the Internet about flame throwers that were actually in use by US military during the Viet Nam era.

According to a member of Soosoo Fans FB group he messaged Soosoo Admin and inquired about this and he says they are interested in providing one plus a flame thrower. They asked him to provide photos of the flame thrower from the movie, and he did so plus adding a bit of research from the Internet about flame throwers that were actually in use by US military during the Viet Nam era.
Yes I believe that person was our very own @olbertfrog as the one who messaged SooSoo about the younger sculpt and flamethrower :)

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...igure-watchmen-rorschach.239540/post-10618402

Last edited:
Random one, and ignoring the current world situation but I wonder if Soosoo will make a red son Superman at some point? Preferably his later look in the comic. Their last son from the arrow-verse thats just been announced looks fantastic, I have a few Batman variants and would really like some Supermen too. Actually I’d like them all from Red Son - especially Bats👌🏻

Back