SooSooToys NightWing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I’m in the process of filming my review, and my initial thoughts are:

He’s a great figure. BUT I’m let down by a few design choices that hold back the articulation.

Hopefully I can finish filming, editing and voicing the review by tomorrow night.

So please look forward to it guys!

I never read any Nightwing comics. Watched only one DCAU movie with Nightwing (where Harley Quinn ties him up in bed, lmao). I've never watched the Titans TV show. So I have no attachment to the character. But it's a great looking figure. I'm really tempted to pick this one up...

Fun video. I like the battle action posing! Very weird about the neck articulation.
Thanks! Yeah the neck was a head scratcher.
Great job!!
Thank you =)
I never read any Nightwing comics. Watched only one DCAU movie with Nightwing (where Harley Quinn ties him up in bed, lmao). I've never watched the Titans TV show. So I have no attachment to the character. But it's a great looking figure. I'm really tempted to pick this one up...

I haven’t seen titans, so I don’t know if the show did his character justice...but his comics and his appearances in the animated series are awesome.

He’s pretty affordable and I think he’s gonna be a one off. Really got nothing to lose IMO. Just pull the trigger my man haha.

Finally found Diana and Arthur from storage.

203FBC84-F27B-4864-8888-001BDED71637.jpeg

Can’t wait for cyborg!

Sorry if my commentary is negative, but I kinda have a bone to pick,

I posted on the Facebook group SOOSOO FANS about a mistake that was made on the final design, they messed up the pauldrons and flipped the blue and black (see the production image bellow)

I asked what was people's opinion on this issue and if something could be done, and they BANNED me from the group (I had joined a week ago in prevision of receiving my picture - and I seems I’m the only one who noticed this and they didn't like it)

If some of you are in the group, could a screenshot be taken of my comment (if it hasn't been taken down)

Also, what do you guys think about it?

Sorry for the long rant-y post,

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_3214.JPG
    IMG_3214.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3215.JPG
    IMG_3215.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 68
I haven’t seen titans, so I don’t know if the show did his character justice...but his comics and his appearances in the animated series are awesome.

He’s pretty affordable and I think he’s gonna be a one off. Really got nothing to lose IMO. Just pull the trigger my man haha.

Yeah, it’s kind of an impulse buy also because I have limited display space. He’d be on display eventually whenever I rotate him in every so often. Actually I can help rationalize this purchase as potentially ironically helping to motivate me to begin a schedule for that in order to start enjoying all the figures I own. Like maybe once a month I‘ll rotate new figures in, etc.

Nightwing will obviously pair well with BvS Batman. And eventually with JL standard suit Batman after I customize that figure by repainting the suit to match the scenes in the movie where it has more of a bluish hue, and modding the chest and cowl’s neck to beef him up a bit. Or maybe I’ll find a custom head sculpt that’s less egg shaped than the stock HT one. Anyway, I don‘t much like stock JL Batman just out of the box. The egg shaped cowl, comparatively skinnier chest, and black suit color all kind of bother me.

I don‘t see displaying him with other JL figures. And I don’t own a Harley figure… Knightmare Joker would only match up with Robin... I‘m not going to collect Titans figures, so if others from the show are released that’s of no interest to me…

But anyway, I guess it’ll suffice to display him paired with Batfleck, same as I plan to do with the Soosoo Robin figure. Just have to convince myself It’ll be worth it, lol. Very close to pulling the trigger on it.

Purchased. What the heck.
5C158FCF-5946-43FE-8836-BB48D8118EFA.png

You’ll be glad you did. Congrats!

Sorry if my commentary is negative, but I kinda have a bone to pick,

I posted on the Facebook group SOOSOO FANS about a mistake that was made on the final design, they messed up the pauldrons and flipped the blue and black (see the production image bellow)

I asked what was people's opinion on this issue and if something could be done, and they BANNED me from the group (I had joined a week ago in prevision of receiving my picture - and I seems I’m the only one who noticed this and they didn't like it)

If some of you are in the group, could a screenshot be taken of my comment (if it hasn't been taken down)

Also, what do you guys think about it?

Sorry for the long rant-y post,

Cheers

That’s...kinda crappy of them to do that. If you hadn’t pointed that out, I would’ve never noticed!

IMO it’s not distracting...but it’s weird how that mistake was over looked. And it’s even more unfortunate that they banned you for pointing it out!

Maybe it's for copyright reasons is why they did that.

You mean for the change in the shoulder pads? I doubt it since being located in China Soosoo is basically ignoring the IP copyright laws altogether.

Last edited:
I own the damn thing and I still get excited looking at others pics of him.

But uh...wth happened to that batman? Haha

Yeah looks like a metallic repaint on the body armor with some attempt at weathering. Is that DX19? (I don't own any Nolan Dark Knight trilogy figures.)

Nightwing repaint.

nightwing repaint.jpg

I think there's actually increases to contrast, saturation, and warm/red tones added to the repaint pic. Note differences in the black base of the stand beneath the Superman figure, Superman's cape, the color of the hand, etc..

Back