1/6 Soosootoys Hermann 1/6 Figure (Watchmen Rorschach)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been holding off pulling the trigger on this until I can see a good review of the figure in-hand.

You may have to jump quick at that point to still snag him at retail. That’s a common approach with these figures and if they turn out well, they usually sell out quickly.

You may have to jump quick at that point to still snag him at retail. That’s a common approach with these figures and if they turn out well, they usually sell out quickly.

Good point. Plus I need something to open for Christmas. It’s like a tradition for me now to open a 1/6th figure on Christmas morning. The other figures I want (ZSJL Supes/Bats two-pack, Cyborg) won’t release until next year. I guess I’ll go ahead and preorder.

Done and done. Via Gianttoy.com. Free shipping, I was surprised by that. Here’s hoping it releases/arrives in time for wife to wrap it and put it under the tree.

On Giantoy.

“Pre-order information:
1. This is a pre-order product. Estimated release in — Q3(July~September),2021
2. Actual release time depends on the supplier only and is not guaranteed from our end.
3. Final product might have a slight difference from the advertised effect during the pre-order phase. This could not be used for return / after-sale requests.”

On Giantoy.

“Pre-order information:
1. This is a pre-order product. Estimated release in — Q3(July~September),2021
2. Actual release time depends on the supplier only and is not guaranteed from our end.
3. Final product might have a slight difference from the advertised effect during the pre-order phase. This could not be used for return / after-sale requests.”
I'm still waiting for my Dark Toys Dekkard (ETA July 2021), Present Toys Raider Indiana Jones figure (ETA July 2021), and DJ Customs Leon (ETA Q2 2021), and Hermann.
I take those release dates with serious grain of salt.

While we’re waiting just generating some discussion to stave off boredom…

In the Watchmen comic series/graphic novels by Alan Moore, Rorschach expresses right wing political views that Alan Moore personally abhorred. At least to the extent that from Rorchach’s perspective liberals mollycoddle criminals in the justice and penal system. Mind you, Moore’s politics are extremely liberal to the degree that he identifies himself as an anarchist.

Moore also has said that he feels superheroes were created in the 1930s for children. To Moore’s thinking, superheroes are western society’s fantasy of an idealized moral order that does not exist, and in its sheer simplicity cannot exist, in reality. And Moore feels that to indulge in such escapist fantasies is actually pathetic. That’s why the superhero costumes in Watchmen look silly. And why Ozymandias succeeds with a silly Silver Age supervillain plot of a giant psyonic squid bringing the world together. Etc.

So Moore is saying superhero mythology as actually something that we all need to grow up from. That’s the message of Watchmen. Superheroes can never be more than a childish fantasy.

Snyder has in his own thinking arrived at a very different conclusion about what superheroes mean. Snyder subscribes to Joseph Campbell and the hero’s journey model, which is erected upon Jungian theory. In Snyder’s movie Rorschach… indeed all the “Watchmen”… are actually very cool. And (excepting the one true superhero Doctor Manhattan) they’re like peak humans, nearly super MCU soldier-ish in fighting ability. They’re costumes are cool. They’re likable, relatable, and sexy. (Even Comedian is humanized.)

Anyway, Rorschach in particular is undeniably cool. I should think by and large the audience is rooting for him all the way. In Snyder’s hands Rorschach is like a conscience that emerges from a set of primal instincts, or something along those lines.

So with all that being said, even if Rorchach has no moral or legal right to act as judge, jury, and executioner (in real life he would be reviled as a serial killer by most of society), given that Rorschach insists on telling the world about the great lie of Adrian’s plot: is he a hero? A flawed hero, of course, but a heroic nonetheless? Or is he a symbol of pathetic fantasies about moral order, rationalizations to justify fascism, and right wing politics in general?

Do you prefer Moore’s depiction of him? (And I’m sorry Alan, but even in the comic Rorschach still has a cool factor that’s hard to deny.) Do you like like him better as Snyder imagined him?

Last edited:
While we’re waiting just generating some discussion to stave off boredom…

In the Watchmen comic series/graphic novels by Alan Moore, Rorschach expresses right wing political views that Alan Moore personally abhorred. At least to the extent that from Rorchach’s perspective liberals mollycoddle criminals in the justice and penal system. Mind you, Moore’s politics are extremely liberal to the degree that he identifies himself as an anarchist.

Moore also has said that he feels superheroes were created in the 1930s for children. To Moore’s thinking, superheroes are western society’s fantasy of an idealized moral order that does not exist, and in its sheer simplicity cannot exist, in reality. And Moore feels that to indulge in such escapist fantasies is actually pathetic. That’s why the superhero costumes in Watchmen look silly. And why Ozymandias succeeds with a silly Silver Age supervillain plot of a giant psyonic squid bringing the world together. Etc.

So Moore is saying superhero mythology as actually something that we all need to grow up from. That’s the message of Watchmen. Superheroes can never be more than a childish fantasy.

Snyder has in his own thinking arrived at a very different conclusion about what superheroes mean. Snyder subscribes to Joseph Campbell and the hero’s journey model, which is erected upon Jungian theory. In Snyder’s movie Rorschach… indeed all the “Watchmen”… are actually very cool. And (excepting the one true superhero Doctor Manhattan) they’re like peak humans, nearly super MCU soldier-ish in fighting ability. They’re costumes are cool. They’re likable, relatable, and sexy. (Even Comedian is humanized.)

Anyway, Rorschach in particular is undeniably cool. I should think by and large the audience is rooting for him all the way. In Snyder’s hands Rorschach is like a conscience that emerges from a set of primal instincts, or something along those lines.

So with all that being said, even if Rorchach has no moral or legal right to act as judge, jury, and executioner (in real life he would be reviled as a serial killer by most of society), given that Rorschach insists on telling the world about the great lie of Adrian’s plot: is he a hero? A flawed hero, of course, but a heroic nonetheless? Or is he a symbol of pathetic fantasies about moral order, rationalizations to justify fascism, and right wing politics in general?

Do you prefer Moore’s depiction of him? (And I’m sorry Alan, but even in the comic Rorschach still has a cool factor that’s hard to deny.) Do you like like him better as Snyder imagined him?
Interesting discussion, I can't say I really noticed much difference between the rorschach in the comic and in the movie. He was still a likeable anti hero to me, an underdog outsider character that made him so intriguing. His moral views and right wing ramblings just added to the richness of his character, he seemed like a real person with real, flawed views about certain things, just like most people in the world. I guess this supports your observation that moore was satirising / showing superheroes as a flawed and unrealistic ideal. Moore is clever enough not to lecture us or show one side as the better one - all decisions have consequences and there are moral implications in all actions.

I just love the way moore writes, the richness of the characters and the world he creates is amazing. Even when rorschach makes a comment about ozy being a possible homosexual, he just perfectly characterises the views of so many people, I found that part very funny. I can believe moore is liberal / anarchist by the way he writes and stories like v for vendetta, but he's intelligent enough to show us why rorschach became who he was. The comic will forever be peerless to me, and as much as I like snyder and his faithfulness to the comic, it really didn't need a movie. I liked the way he changed the ending though, and made it work - it would have been far harder to have the 'real' ending that moore wrote

He actually reminds me of Steve Rogers in the mcu in a way - very old fashioned with deep seated, stubborn views. Black is black and white is white, and if you believe in something, stand by it and prepare to die for it

Just FYI, I reached out to Giantoy and they’ve heard that this figure will release in November and “might have some slight changes” which I expect most of us are hoping will be the trench coat being made of fabric vs. pleather. But anyway, as for the release date ultimately it depends on their supplier.

Am I wrong in thinking we already saw some kind of Comedian tease from Soosootoys?

How decent are figures from this company? I've never had a Soosootoys doll before.
While I've never owned one from them, general consensus seems to be they're overall all good quality figures for the price with good quality (but not HT quality) paint apps. Their bodies are variants of KO HT bodies. From what I've seen based on part out sites, more recent figures use the HT Captain America/Dr Strange type body as their base for the torso and legs (minus the thigh enhancers) and then depending on if the figure is meant to be skinny or buff, tall or regular they use different HT type arms and ankle sockets. The plastic quality on the base bodies isn't they best however. The ones I've received have had cracks and/or stress marks in the ab areas from screws that were probably tighten way too tight at the factory as well as the spring inside that holds the abs to the pelvis is also a VERY tight spring which also causes stress leading to potential breakages in the future.

Last edited:
Back