SooSooToys 1/6 Cajun Card Dealer (Gambit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t take much of anything said on a forum personally, but your assumption is wrong. Everyone has their own motivations. These are action figures. I don’t purchase them as investments, I purchase them as collectibles. Sure I’d like to make a profit or at least break even if I sell something, but I’m also not surprised if I end up taking a loss. The market often falls out with figures when something new comes out or there’s a rerelease.

Your motivation is to buy multiples and flip for a profit. That’s fine. For me, selling these things is often a time consuming pain in the a**.
--

Then you "got" my context.

I agree.

"Selling" is truly a pain in the butt. More so over the past few years compared to prior years due to rampant abuse of PayPal loopholes and the greed/scumbag antics of scamming buyers.

I would rather sell at a show for hard cash (and make sure to check every bill with a counterfeit bill pen) than take a payment through PayPal and ship because scamming buyers are very creative and resourceful in their pursuit to get stuff for free or cheap at the expense of honest sellers.

Your motivation is to buy multiples and flip for a profit. That’s fine. For me, selling these things is often a time consuming pain in the a**.
Selling things is definitely a POA for sure! Luckily there's a local shop that I can sell to, not too far away from me. I won't get back what I would on eBay or whatever, but it's a lot easier to just go to them with a lump sum of figures than list everything on eBay and ship not to mention eBay fees and worrying if the buyer is going to find someway of screwing with me. The time I save not going through eBay is worth a bit of a loss, plus they're usually very fair with what they offer.

Last edited:
Selling things is definitely a POA for sure! Luckily there's a local shop that I can sell to, not too far away from me. I won't get back what I would on eBay or whatever, but it's a lot easier to just go to them with a lump sum of figures than list everything on eBay and ship not to mention eBay fees and worrying if the buyer is going to find someway of screwing with me. The time I save not going through eBay is worth a bit of a loss, plus they're usually very fair with what they offer.
--

"Selling" is an art form/skill where it boils down to how much the seller wants and how much a buyer is willing to pay to have it and/or resell it at a comfortable/reasonable profit margin.

We've all sold for profit, break even, and at a loss during our time in the hobby.

I reached a point where I don't bother to ever sell at a loss or break even. I'll sell to make a comfortable/reasonable profit or in certain instance . . . outright greed due to certain circumstances where I know what I'm selling is sought after by the buyer. For me, it's about never being desperate or ever being in a position to be "forced" to sell.

From time to time, I encounter "buyers" who insist on paying MSRP or slightly above for figures that are long gone (i.e., the supply dried up and years passed). When I decline, they get "butt hurt".

There is always a "gamesmanship" aspect when it comes to buying/selling that includes "lowball" haggling for whatever. It always boils down to how badly does the seller need/want the $ than hang on to it.

I like buyers who contact me on eBay saying ‘I’m really really interested in this figure. I can pay today! What’s the lowest you’ll take?’

You just showed your hand, bud. If you come on that eager, I may as well jack the price as high as possible.

I sold my entire 1/12 collection last year when I decided to go all in on 1/6.
It was a little sad and daunting at first but, after realising the crazy prices people were willing to spend on old SHFs, Mezco and Mafex stuff and once I started getting the 1/6 figures in hand, it became quite fun.
I’d also only sell using a £1 only or 80% off seller fees deal on eBay so never had to give them the extortionate 13% or whatever they take now

All that profit went straight into buying up al the HTs I’d missed over the years and I’ve never looked back.
A sane person would have put a deposit on a flat…

Thank you.

Attachments

• 934A4138-D427-471C-8BE2-524791F26FA4.jpeg
    934A4138-D427-471C-8BE2-524791F26FA4.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 81
QUESTION: for those who have it, how are you placing the cards in the pink effect pieces?.... just tape?

QUESTION: for those who have it, how are you placing the cards in the pink effect pieces?.... just tape?
--

ANSWER:

I used tiny pieces of double sided 3M clear tape. They can easily peel off without any damage, but I purchased a spare set of cards to use with the figure so the originals remained un-punched.

Finally had some time to unbox Gambit.
The figure and the details are amazing, but the swapping of hands is very frustrating and really takes away from the excitement of trying to even get a decent pose.

I attempted the blow dryer method but still have had no luck, plus I’m afraid if I leave it on too long will melt the material.

In the photo below the hand is barely attached to the wrist peg.
968461B2-C16D-41AE-8A4B-5406F168C01D.jpeg

Anyone else who has this figure in hand have an alternative solution?

The figure and the details are amazing, but the swapping of hands is very frustrating and really takes away from the excitement of trying to even get a decent pose.

I attempted the blow dryer method but still have had no luck, plus I’m afraid if I leave it on too long will melt the material. I don’t want you to damage your figure but maybe give the blow dryer another try but just be mindful to not put it right up against the plastic.

Also, some forum members had success using hot water instead of a blow dryer

View attachment 564652

I used my wife’s blow dryer on low for 20-30 seconds with the piece about 2 or 3 inches from the opening of the hair dryer (I was holding it with my bare hand), it worked fine with no visible damage.

I attempted the blow dryer method but still have had no luck, plus I’m afraid if I leave it on too long will melt the material.

View attachment 564652

I used a blow dryer to heat up both the hand insert/hole and the wrist peg. Usually that really softens up the plastic on both ends and allows the peg to slip in, but SST Gambit required a bit of force as well (even when both parts were quite warm) to slide the peg in.

My suggestion is to heat both the parts (wrist + hand) and confidently apply a bit of force.

I guess this just proves Gambit's whole suave demeanor is nothing more than a facade. He claims to be this master womanizer, meanwhile he's just a sad lil virg...his holes are all tight and need ample preparation in order to properly penetrate! PATHETIC!

:rotfl

5scA.gif

View attachment 564652

For me, I used the hot water treatment. I filled a coffee cup with water. Microwave until the water is hot.
Not boiling, but just hot.
dip the hand for about 15-20 seconds, then pop it in the wrist peg.

With the popularity of this figure, I wonder if there will be a reissue?

Im waiting for mine to arrive. This Gambit is the one to own.

Would like to see Soosoo make a Lobo figure

Think its funny everyone still using blowdryers heat up toys. I put coffee cup in microwave w / water n dunk set hands in and soo much easier then hair dryer. 2 minutes in micro and Never switch out hands any other way. Unless the pegs two seperate ball joint type then the hot water may seperate the handpegs easy on that type of hand pegs.

Think its funny everyone still using blowdryers heat up toys. I put coffee cup in microwave w / water n dunk set hands in and soo much easier then hair dryer. 2 minutes in micro and Never switch out hands any other way. Unless the pegs two seperate ball joint type then the hot water may seperate the handpegs easy on that type of hand pegs.
--

I never understood the dunk in hot water approach/solution.

I've always used a hair dryer for convenience and simplicity to heat up hands, joints, etc.

Of course YMMV. Funny to me given your take that I went from microwave heated water to blow dryer because I can sit at my workstation and make a swap out in less than a min. I don’t have to go to the kitchen or dry anything off. 🤷‍♂️

Back