SooSooToys 1/6 Cajun Card Dealer (Gambit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine came in Saturday. Was a Super Happy Surprise! I'm in Texas and we got hit with Winter Weather the last couple of days, and when it finally cleared Saturday, My tracking was all over the place. First it said it was out on delivery, and we had to run make an errand and I hear my ring front door chime on my phone, and I'm thinking, snap, that's my figure, hope no one steals it. Finally get home, and it was something else.
Saw my tracking went to "left at post office" where you can pick it up, but the post office was already closed by then.
So I was ticked off cause I thought I was gonna have to get up real early Monday to pick it up.
At around 8 pm, one of the kiddos brought me a box that was on the front porch...the post office did deliver it!!!

I say this, although its still fun getting new figures, many times I'm not as excited as I used to as you get a little jaded sometime after collecting for many years. But I was giddy and dancing when I got this figure.
Maybe I'm a little bias also as my namesake say, I'm a Gambit fan, lol...but this figure is beautiful!
And he looks great in whatever pose you do.
Since I have the XM Gambit in a dynamic pose, I have this one in a museum pose.
I'm waiting on some adapter for my camera/ipad, will post pics in the next couple of days.

Remy what part of Texas you in? I was in the same boat, live in Central Texas

My Gambit came in last week and it is an excellent figure! Ended up buying an extra set of cards so I could put them into the effect pieces... I think it looks so much better this way...

gambit1.jpg

gambit2.jpg

gambit3.jpg

my swirling power effect came broken. you think there's any chance i can get a replacement or should i just make due with trying to repair myself?

Yep! Waiting to hear back but was curious if anybody ever had luck getting replacement parts from soosoo.
--

Unless someone posts differently, I don't recollect ever reading Soosoo helping "end customers" obtain replacement parts due to production quality issues.

Usually, that is dependent on the vendor based on how well of a relationship they have with Soosoo.

Do the stock cards that come with him not fit into those effect pieces?
The effect pieces don’t have any slots or anywhere to attach the cards. You have to attach them using your own methods. I can take them off safely but wanted to keep the original cards in their original punch out sheet and back into the box for storage.

Welp, seems like my figure is now stuck in customs...

February 8, 2022, 3:32 am
Processed Through Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 3:32 am on February 8, 2022.

EDIT: Delivered today! (02/11) :yess:

Last edited:
Gambit was always my favorite. And when I say my favorite I don’t mean my favorite X-man… or may favorite marvel character… or my favorite comic book character. I don’t mean my favorite fictional character… gambit is my FAVORITE.

and this figure is close to perfect. Wouldn’t have minded a blue tint to the boots and trim but I love it all the same. I love this future so much… It’s just the best.

it’s actually so good that I almost cried when playing with it.

I see people clamoring it might be the best third party figure of all time. I also see people paying 599 dollars for it and it just came out. And all this makes sense to me…

It’s not even anything… like based off of anything it’s just a realistic comic figure from a third party company and it tints in with nothing… but it’s just perfect I don’t know what else to say. It might be one of the most satisfying figures I’ve ever gotten and I’ve owned thousands of action figures in my life.

I remember what must have been 14 years or so ago. I got the marvel select gambit figures and I was just so satisfied they were bit perfect but I felt I waited all my Life to have my favorite character represented. And I had a similar feeling with the premium format gambit but a bit less so becusse I’m not a statue guy or a big statue guy especially… I had fun with the mafex too especially when I put the medicom coat on it… but this takes the cake it’s all that plus more at a whole new level

bring on Rogue. If there’s a Wolverine that’s just as cool… brown outfit or tiger stipe… I might just be able to die a happy man

Last edited:
Got mine and I love it. However, mine also arrived with a broken energy swirl effect. Which stings because that is how I was planning on displaying him. Hopefully, Giantoy will come through with a replacement.
View attachment 562163

I’m glad that you like this figure a lot despite the disappointment regarding the energy swirl effect. I have to say that I have never used any energy or blast effects with any of my figures before this Gambit. I really think the energy effect with this figure is really natural and is a great enhancement to his overall look.

I hope Giantoy promptly sends you a replacement. Keep us posted

Back