SooSooToys 1/6 Cajun Card Dealer (Gambit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course YMMV. Funny to me given your take that I went from microwave heated water to blow dryer because I can sit at my workstation and make a swap out in less than a min. I don’t have to go to the kitchen or dry anything off. 🤷‍♂️
--

tenor.gif

So what is the word on the street? Rerelease similar to Roarschach? Yes or no? Anybody with a good contact to Soosootoys may ask this question? The keep ignoring me asking... 😅
--

No clue yet.

Those who are reselling it are either getting top dollar from those who can't find it/get it from anywhere else or are encountering cheap skates/lowballers of varying degrees where the common denominator is they want to pay less than $300.00 USD shipped.

I managed to get one spare and listed it. If I sell for the listed price, fine. If not, fine.

A reissue provided it's identically the same as the first release will kill the resale value.

If it's a reissue with design differences, then that's a different take.

Last I checked eBay, the going rate is $300.00 to $600.00 USD. Depending on where you look, some want $800.00 to $1000.00 USD, but that's on high side.

I'm not going to judge. It'll sell or it will not and it boils down to desperation of sellers and buyers wanting it.

Not sure if anyone has tried this or discussed it in this thread but if anyone doesn’t want to use their original cards can always print out a double sided copy of the cards and use them for the effects.

Attachments

• 9CD5D859-00D9-44DE-9C15-4384908A317D.jpeg
    9CD5D859-00D9-44DE-9C15-4384908A317D.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 5727C7AE-246C-4C9C-B357-51628D4F3A8F.jpeg
    5727C7AE-246C-4C9C-B357-51628D4F3A8F.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 17
Just got this guy brand spanking new in from eBay for only $209 which is a steal considering what he goes for these days. Really bad smell (guessing it’s the pleather plus paint) on first opening. Headsculpt is definitely the star. Thinking of just keeping the headsculpt and maybe the base, then sell the rest to put towards the Sideshow Gambit. Call me crazy, but I still like the overal look of the Sideshow one over this guy even with seeing the SooSoo with my own eyes right in front of me. I’ve been trying to just pick up the headsculpt parted out but it always goes fast. I honestly thought I’d be more impressed given the praise this figure got when it first released. It’s very nice, I’m just not “wowed.”

689B2E8F-0C3D-4832-BBD2-27A30D5FF9AE.jpeg

Just got this guy brand spanking new in from eBay for only $209 which is a steal considering what he goes for these days. Really bad smell (guessing it’s the pleather plus paint) on first opening. Headsculpt is definitely the star. Thinking of just keeping the headsculpt and maybe the base, then sell the rest to put towards the Sideshow Gambit. Call me crazy, but I still like the overal look of the Sideshow one over this guy even with seeing the SooSoo with my own eyes right in front of me. I’ve been trying to just pick up the headsculpt parted out but it always goes fast. I honestly thought I’d be more impressed given the praise this figure got when it first released. It’s very nice, I’m just not “wowed.”
I think your diet is begging for some beta carotene and lycopene....and cataract surgery.

At least you got an amazing price, bud! I wouldn’t mind buying your Cajun Card Dealer coat to keep as a spare.

View attachment 577580
still think the chest piece and some of the effect parts are top tier on this guy. Good luck parting him out, you wont need it people will snap it up.

Last edited:
:lol Eh, we like what we like. I tend to have an unpopular opinion when it comes to Sideshow’s 1/6 products.
whatever they may be, i still agree with you on this, I prefer the sideshow headsculpt, staff, feet, and coat, soosoo may have the superior face paint and price (or it did) but the likeness is way closer on SS's despite the lack of paint apps.

At least you got an amazing price, bud! I wouldn’t mind buying your Cajun Card Dealer coat to keep as a spare.
For sure! One of the benefits of working over night is seeing when random stuff goes up for sale in the middle of the night when everyone else is sleeping. I’ve gotten some great deals b/c of that. But, I’ll definitely let you know when I decide what to do. It’ll be awhile as I want to get the Sideshow one in hand before ultimately deciding on what to do.
still think the chest piece and some of the effect parts are top tier on this guy. Good luck parting him out, you wont need it people will snap it up.
Thanks. I think I like the card throwing effect on the sideshow better. I haven’t really taken a good look at the swirling effect yet though. I just quickly unboxed it to make sure it was in fact brand new and that nothing was broken.
whatever they may be, i still agree with you on this, I prefer the sideshow headsculpt, staff, feet, and coat, soosoo may have the superior face paint and price (or it did) but the likeness is way closer on SS's despite the lack of paint apps.
I guess what I mean by having an unpopular opinion is that most folks on the board really dislike Sideshow’s 1/6 offerings (and I understand why to a certain extent) but I ultimately really like all the 1/6 figures I’ve gotten from them in the past couple of years aside from their R2D2 where I’ve gotten two duds back to back. But yes, I agree with your comparison points between the SooSoo and SideshowMs efforts. If SS could just do better paint apps, I think their prices would be easier to swallow.

Damn I wanted this so bad. Had it ordered and shipped but wasn't home the two times USPS tried to deliver and when I went to get him from the post office they had sent him back already. Contacted KGHobby and they said they haven't received it back and have now stopped responding to my emails. It's been since February this all happened,I'm out the figure and the money I paid for it. :/

Damn I wanted this so bad. Had it ordered and shipped but wasn't home the two times USPS tried to deliver and when I went to get him from the post office they had sent him back already. Contacted KGHobby and they said they haven't received it back and have now stopped responding to my emails. It's been since February this all happened,I'm out the figure and the money I paid for it. :/
Damn! That sounds like my worst fear in this hobby. Sorry to hear that.

--

That sucks.

Are you still ordering/going to order again from KGHobby?

Any recourse depending on how you paid?

I always post/say there is nothing like experiencing and learning the hard way.

Hard (and painful) experiences like yours is never enjoyable. Learn from it and avoid repeating.

--

That sucks.

Are you still ordering/going to order again from KGHobby?

Any recourse depending on how you paid?

I always post/say there is nothing like experiencing and learning the hard way.

Hard (and painful) experiences like yours is never enjoyable. Learn from it and avoid repeating.
At this point I have no interest in doing business with KGhobby again. Ive placed a decent amount of orders with them over the last 8 or so years and this just seems like a very low blow from them. Im gonna have to see if there is any way to get reimbursed by filing a claim through USPS. Think my window from PAYPAL dispute is most likely closed as this was ordered over a year ago. In my 15yrs of collecting 1/6 figures this is only the 2nd maybe 3rd time Ive ever had an issue so Im not taking it too hard. Just wish it had not been with this figure, Gambit is a top three favorite superhero of mine and always wanted a 1/6 of him and this one is just amazing to me.

At this point I have no interest in doing business with KGhobby again. Ive placed a decent amount of orders with them over the last 8 or so years and this just seems like a very low blow from them. Im gonna have to see if there is any way to get reimbursed by filing a claim through USPS. Think my window from PAYPAL dispute is most likely closed as this was ordered over a year ago. In my 15yrs of collecting 1/6 figures this is only the 2nd maybe 3rd time Ive ever had an issue so Im not taking it too hard. Just wish it had not been with this figure, Gambit is a top three favorite superhero of mine and always wanted a 1/6 of him and this one is just amazing to me.
well, it never hurts to call up paypal, and escalate to a manager, you can talk to usps, but even when it's imbursed for insurance, you don't get anything (personal experience) I would say, to get sideshow's, I know it's not perfect but it's got a few big pluses over the SooSoo.

Seems like this figure has caused lots of controversy. I ordered mine from TNS, paid for it when I got the invoice, and then they went silent and cited Covid as the reason they could not ship although OSK had no issues sending items. I did research and saw many others with similar issues despite having no issues with them for some time. I contacted PayPal finally got them to ship mine but they banned me from future orders

Seems like this figure has caused lots of controversy. I ordered mine from TNS, paid for it when I got the invoice, and then they went silent and cited Covid as the reason they could not ship although OSK had no issues sending items. I did research and saw many others with similar issues despite having no issues with them for some time. I contacted PayPal finally got them to ship mine but they banned me from future orders
no big loss, you were banned from a ****** store because you're not an easy mark.

Back