SooSoo Toys "The Saviour" Ozymandias | Watchmen 2009 | 1/6 scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking a champagne glass maybe, but really the only thing that would've mattered would've been a Bubastis.
Definitely - a Bubastis would be a great accessory, would make for quite the eye catcher with him. Soosoo would do an excellent job if they went down that route. Kind of shame they didn’t really thinking about it. Could still be a separate possibility🤞🏻

Definitely - a Bubastis would be a great accessory, would make for quite the eye catcher with him. Soosoo would do an excellent job if they went down that route. Kind of shame they didn’t really thinking about it. Could still be a separate possibility🤞🏻
Let's hope so.

Me, I'm just waiting for Kit to put it up.

I don't think OSK sells SooSoo.
...Well, shoot. I was counting on OSK, because now I'll have to pay taxes and shipping while ordering from somewhere like TNS. Which means it'll end up costing me about as much as an HT from OSK. Oh, bollocks... I'll have to think about this now.

...Well, shoot. I was counting on OSK, because now I'll have to pay taxes and shipping while ordering from somewhere like TNS. Which means it'll end up costing me about as much as an HT from OSK. Oh, bollocks... I'll have to think about this now.
Balls. I was waiting on OSK too, bugger… Still, he’ll be worth it in the end.

Try Giantoy. Never had an issue with them.
KGHobby, guys. They’ll treat you right.
They’ve been good to me at least.
The problem in my case is that my country charges 30% tax, minimum. I've paid even 40% sometimes. That plus shipping from a Chinese or US vendor (meaning places far from my area) and the fact that the Euro's equal to the dollar now so I'm not saving anything that way, brings it to pretty much the cost of an official figure. OSK has a system where it's marked differently and I don't pay taxes, plus free shipping, which helps immensely. As it stands I'm scared to gamble on a third party figure with so much pleather, especially when my plate is rather full already (I've still got to pay off Bateman, and the BCS Tommy will come around 500€ when it's all said and done), not counting POs I'll need to make.

I'll have to think about it now. Thanks for the suggestions though, I appreciate it.

Balls. I was waiting on OSK too, bugger… Still, he’ll be worth it in the end.
I'm scared of the pleather too, if I'm being honest. I don't know, in this instance I may skip it and pray IA gets to some SnyderMen figures at some point. I fear if I do end up enjoying it I may fall down the 3rd-Party rabbit hole and that'll be the end of me. I was fine with skipping the upcoming LIM Solid Snake and waiting, but if I get this and eat the tax+shipping, then I'll need to PO the LIM Snake and that's how it all starts...

I'll give it some thought within the week.

Try Giantoy. Never had an issue with them.
+1 for GianToys. Better customer service and shipping practices than KGHobby, who gave me a hassle on 3 separate orders.

$170 shipped from GianToys: Pre-order 1/6 SOOSOOTOYS SST040 Saviour Action Figure

I also don't count on ever seeing any future Watchmen figures. It's either SooSoo or nothing at this point. Watchmen gets more irrelevant with each passing day. Was shocking enough that Hot Toys only bothered making the Comedian and canned their Rorschach that was in the works. SooSoo also expressed doing more from the team (Nite Owl, Dr Manhatten), I doubt any other company will bother going that far with this.

+1 for GianToys. Better customer service and shipping practices than KGHobby, who gave me a hassle on 3 separate orders.

$170 shipped from GianToys: Pre-order 1/6 SOOSOOTOYS SST040 Saviour Action Figure

I also don't count on ever seeing any future Watchmen figures. It's either SooSoo or nothing at this point. Watchmen gets more irrelevant with each passing day. Was shocking enough that Hot Toys only bothered making the Comedian and canned their Rorschach that was in the works. SooSoo also expressed doing more from the team (Nite Owl, Dr Manhatten), I doubt any other company will bother going that far with this.
Looking at it now, they have their own trick with taxes for the EU. I'll look into it.

As for any more figures, I honestly don't know. I was never expecting an official Patrick Bateman, but it happened. WM's a classic in the comics and the Snyder flick has a cult following. Who knows what'll happen in the next decade. What I was betting on was InArt, as they're dealing only with WB licenses now, so I figured there was a small chance they could visit the license and make a Rorschach or something. But that's a very long shot, to be sure.

Ozymandias looks great. I have Rorshach, but still need to PO the Comedian. I just want to be sure SooSoo is in for the full line, especially since things seem to have slowed around The Boys, Invincible, and Comic Marvel. Hopefully things will pick up on those fronts soon. Demand is certainly there. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Bubastis offered as an add-on. I’m guessing Nite Owl is up next.

I'm also on the giantoy bandwagon. They even made sure I still wanted to keep my TE vulture order but they were going to let me cancel and get the nrd back. They are simply the best.

If you are concerned about taxes in your country but think there is a way to circumvent that, it wont hurt to email giantoy and see if something can be arranged the way OSK does it.

Oh and 1 more thing about giantoy, make a user account, some of their inventory is hidden from 'guests'.

Ozymandias looks great. I have Rorshach, but still need to PO the Comedian. I just want to be sure SooSoo is in for the full line, especially since things seem to have slowed around The Boys, Invincible, and Comic Marvel. Hopefully things will pick up on those fronts soon. Demand is certainly there. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Bubastis offered as an add-on. I’m guessing Nite Owl is up next.
Hopefully the slow pace is down to Covid (bit odd writing that) and not down to them being chased by the big bad ip owners…

I'm also on the giantoy bandwagon. They even made sure I still wanted to keep my TE vulture order but they were going to let me cancel and get the nrd back. They are simply the best.

If you are concerned about taxes in your country but think there is a way to circumvent that, it wont hurt to email giantoy and see if something can be arranged the way OSK does it.
I checked around a bit and they have a tax "hack" similar to OSK where they declare tax differenty, so I may end up paying just 10$ instead of 30%. I'll think about it, certainly.

Mostly I'm worried about the pleather. Any of you fellas have any SS figures with pleather in them? How's it holding up?

...I'm tempted. An Ozymandias is one of my grails, and the one character I'd want to represent Watchmen, so I'd definitely buy an official one. The problem is that I'm not sure if we'll ever get such a figure. The best chance I've got is InArt continuing with their WB properties and going backwards, and thus making some SynderMen figures. I doubt anyone's going to tackle the property again for us to have another chance, so... I don't know. It looks great, but I'm always hesitant with 3rd party figures. I'll probably get it, and if an official one happens 7 years from now, I'll just have to display two Ozzies in different places.
I can only tell you that the Rorschach is top quality, really impressed. If they keep that up with this one, you won't be disappointed

I can only tell you that the Rorschach is top quality, really impressed. If they keep that up with this one, you won't be disappointed
Thanks for the tip, but I decided to pass on it. Too much on my plate. I hope it ends up being good though.

Can’t wait for this guy. For me a Watchmen collection of this caliber is a dream come true.

The problem in my case is that my country charges 30% tax, minimum. I've paid even 40% sometimes. That plus shipping from a Chinese or US vendor (meaning places far from my area) and the fact that the Euro's equal to the dollar now so I'm not saving anything that way, brings it to pretty much the cost of an official figure. OSK has a system where it's marked differently and I don't pay taxes, plus free shipping, which helps immensely. As it stands I'm scared to gamble on a third party figure with so much pleather, especially when my plate is rather full already (I've still got to pay off Bateman, and the BCS Tommy will come around 500€ when it's all said and done), not counting POs I'll need to make.

I'll have to think about it now. Thanks for the suggestions though, I appreciate it.

I'm scared of the pleather too, if I'm being honest. I don't know, in this instance I may skip it and pray IA gets to some SnyderMen figures at some point. I fear if I do end up enjoying it I may fall down the 3rd-Party rabbit hole and that'll be the end of me. I was fine with skipping the upcoming LIM Solid Snake and waiting, but if I get this and eat the tax+shipping, then I'll need to PO the LIM Snake and that's how it all starts...

I'll give it some thought within the week.
You should read. With Giantoy you would pay 5$ taxes.

Back