Soosoo Toys The Boss Man (Daredevil s3 Kingpin)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've seen on these forums too where someone had a preorder in since the beginning for a 3rd party figure, the figure is released and weeks pass and still hasn't shipped. More time passes and their order gets canceled because they "don't have enough stock." Then a week or less later they have that figure listed again at a higher mark up because it's selling out everywhere.
This would really p*ss me off especially after spending so much with them for the past few years. Would certainly lose them my custom forever as up until now I have only had good experience with them even with a few pieces that needed sorting. They couldnt have been late getting them this time if Justin has his already, as you say in the past all my pre orders have been either here or on the way by the time hes had his.

This would really p*ss me off especially after spending so much with them for the past few years. Would certainly lose them my custom forever as up until now I have only had good experience with them even with a few pieces that needed sorting. They couldnt have been late getting them this time if Justin has his already, as you say in the past all my pre orders have been either here or on the way by the time hes had his.
Hopefully that won't be the case and he ships any time now for you. Possibly the issues with them are more here and there and we just hear about the bad more than the good, but it still feels like far too many stories. I've never ordered from them, so I can't speak to any personal issues. Just what I've seen on these forums.

Yeah fingers crossed. Would hate to miss out on a figure i want most this year when pre ordering so early in good faith. Ive seen some of the experiences others have had but i honestly cant relate, always been great, more so when it was through instagram as communication was great with them then now its much more difficult.

Yeah same. Ive heard about OSK and SooSoo before, what happened there again?

Tracking finally updated this morning so looks like Fisk is finally on the way.

The short of it is SooSoo early on copied sculpts from some vimal×eleven projects that Kit was selling. So he steers clear of them now.

Ugh the yellow staining on the collar. I hope that's not very prevelant. Hadn't noticed it some of the other pics that have been taken.

I may be swapping some of the clothes for Toyz Works version, if possible, anyhow to get a different look.

After seeing how good this headsculpt was, I went ahead and ordered a second figure. I want to display both awesome headsculpts. Originally I was planning on just buying a parted out second body, pants and shoes, from TA, but thought that combined that may be close to the overall figure price.
I ordered from TNS so I will tell you how that goes.

B46D0ED0-B224-47FF-BFE2-F9527BEF6A31.jpeg

Attachments

• 66687FD1-3F53-4536-9FCF-4DA3CCD9DEB8.jpeg
    66687FD1-3F53-4536-9FCF-4DA3CCD9DEB8.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 601E0CAA-1FA5-435D-82CB-1F02B05A8B0B.jpeg
    601E0CAA-1FA5-435D-82CB-1F02B05A8B0B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • FA7EE4ED-1C63-4114-AC93-6310F6DD2CF3.jpeg
    FA7EE4ED-1C63-4114-AC93-6310F6DD2CF3.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Man, I wasn’t expecting the headsculpt to look so good, now I’m even more excited for this one.
I ordered this from KGHobby on Sunday, since it was the cheapest around even with the ridiculous shipping. They added the tracking number early Monday, but it’s been sitting at “Sender is preparing item for posting”. Hopefully it starts to move soon, I’m getting impatient!

Mine showed up today, and they totally nailed the headsculpt! Alas, there is slight yellowing on my lapels as well, but it's not a deal-breaker. This sucker is heavy, too! I know they're not paying for a license, but this is a remarkable bargain compared to Hot Toys these days. And the sculpt is on par with their best work. Thumbs up.

Got my Boss Man over the weekend - amazing likeness and really impressive figure, my first Soo Soo toys. It's hefty and top heavy - watch your poses when not using the stand as mine already toppled over once. The lapels have a yellow tinge to them which is disappointing, but I intend to go with the bloody vest / bloody head look so it's going back in the box. For those waiting, you will be very happy - an incredible figure at a great value!

Attachments

• Kingpin yellow.JPG
    Kingpin yellow.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 0
Mine arrived this afternoon. Amazing sculpt. The body is really heavy too. There is some faint yellowing on the label along the edges.

I'm wondering if I could just dye the extra vest and shirt black?

Got my Boss Man over the weekend - amazing likeness and really impressive figure, my first Soo Soo toys. It's hefty and top heavy - watch your poses when not using the stand as mine already toppled over once. The lapels have a yellow tinge to them which is disappointing, but I intend to go with the bloody vest / bloody head look so it's going back in the box. For those waiting, you will be very happy - an incredible figure at a great value!If it

Mine arrived this afternoon. Amazing sculpt. The body is really heavy too. There is some faint yellowing on the label along the edges.

A method I often use is to color fabric material such as that with permanent marker. You'll have to color over it 2-3 times but it will hold. Things to know:

- Use a chisel tip. It's easier and faster.
- It will stink but when it's all complete, a few days in open air, the smell will go away. It eventually goes away completely.
- Doesn't dry as fast as you think, so watch your fingers. Good rule of thumb is as the smell dissipates, it's drying.
- Depending on the material it will or won't bleed through slightly.

A method I often use is to color fabric material such as that with permanent marker. You'll have to color over it 2-3 times but it will hold. Things to know:

- Use a chisel tip. It's easier and faster.
- It will stink but when it's all complete, a few days in open air, the smell will go away. It eventually goes away completely.
- Doesn't dry as fast as you think, so watch your fingers. Good rule of thumb is as the smell dissipates, it's drying.
- Depending on the material it will or won't bleed through slightly.
Got an example of a white marker that might work to help cover the yellowing on the lapels?

Mine arrived yesterday and it also has a slight yellow tinge along the edges of the lapel. One other minor nit I noticed was that ALL the hands have bruised/bloody knuckles, but they’re easy to hide if posing with the clean outfit. Otherwise extremely happy with him - as others have indicated he’s a great figure.

Wow! Got mine in today as well. He is amazing and those head sculpts are licensed quality. I wish i would have picked up two of these to display both versions.

Only two cons I have are the slight yellowing on the lapels of the jackets and the way they did the feet joints. It has two different ball joints and the one at the ankle is too thin so he falls easily. **BE CAREFUL IF YOU POSE HIM WITHOUT CROTCH GRABBER**

I'm beyond amazed how good this figure turned out! At $180 USD shipped, greatest quality value buy yet.

Couple quick pics
20221012_201727.jpg

20221012_201631.jpg
20221012_202101.jpg

Back