SooSoo Toys - Rurouni Kenshin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Delivered today from GianToy. Really well done by SooSoo. One of their best figures to date. Really sharp tailoring, great sculpt and overall work top to bottom. I do wish the hair sculpt was more sharply done but it looks fine in person. Will do some poses later.

53470555871_7437bc2605_k_d.jpg
53470873109_a578ce130e_k_d.jpg
53470698508_9aa3a5fe49_k_d.jpg

53470876104_e710f08bca_k_d.jpg

53470555831_f2ba152484_k_d.jpg

Delivered today from GianToy. Really well done by SooSoo. One of their best figures to date. Really sharp tailoring, great sculpt and overall work top to bottom. I do wish the hair sculpt was more sharply done but it looks fine in person. Will do some poses later.

53470555871_7437bc2605_k_d.jpg
53470873109_a578ce130e_k_d.jpg
53470698508_9aa3a5fe49_k_d.jpg

53470876104_e710f08bca_k_d.jpg

53470555831_f2ba152484_k_d.jpg
I love my VTS battle damaged version, but thhis head sculpt is better. The VTS head is actually covered by teh hair too much and the sculpt is hidden. This SooSoo looks great.

I have been very impressed with Soosoo. This figure look great, almost Hot Toys quality for 100 bucks less....well at least when first offered. Still upset seeing TNS raise their prices.

I love my VTS battle damaged version, but thhis head sculpt is better. The VTS head is actually covered by teh hair too much and the sculpt is hidden. This SooSoo looks great.

I have been very impressed with Soosoo. This figure look great, almost Hot Toys quality for 100 bucks less....well at least when first offered. Still upset seeing TNS raise their prices.
For what whatever reason it stayed at $205 when I check the site. If I can get a second for that I'll turn it into a BD version. Wish I'd gotten the diorama bases from VTS for this.

For what whatever reason it stayed at $205 when I check the site. If I can get a second for that I'll turn it into a BD version. Wish I'd gotten the diorama bases from VTS for this.
Eventually it will disappear from the Cart if you do not buy soon. It's definately 276 on the website.

Like they now have the Nosferatu Deluxe figure for near 600 dollars. Like WTF? Today, I put my own up for sale at $400 on the sales threat here, to afford other things.

Did they increase their prices because Ebay has them listed for like 600 also? What is going on at TNS. I love them, but when I see the price scalping from them, I am like thinking I must stop ordering from them.

Sometimes it's about the principle of it all. I cannot support just sheer craziness.

Last edited:
Eventually it will disappear from the Cart if you do not buy soon. It's definately 276 on the website.

Like they now have the Nosferatu Deluxe figure for near 600 dollars. Like WTF? Today, I put my own up for sale at $400 on the sales threat here, to afford other things.

Did they increase their prices because Ebay has them listed for like 600 also? What is going on at TNS. I love them, but when I see the price scalping from them, I am like thinking I must stop ordering from them.

Sometimes it's about the principle of it all. I cannot support just sheer craziness.

I see it at $205 on TNS right now. I received mine today. Fantastic figure. I have ordered another one from TNS for $205. There is no price increase.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2024-01-17 203049.png
    Captura de pantalla 2024-01-17 203049.png
    447.3 KB · Views: 0
If you get the bandai fire effects, you can sort of create the dio and some creativity.
1705541784750.jpeg
1705541694551.jpeg

I received my own this week and it is VERY beautiful.

I am very impressed with Soosoo and Mars toys. Both do great quality stuff. Everything looks seamless due to how they did the arm replacements.

I am very happy I decided to get it. I have the Battle damaged version I got at a good price a year ago and so happy to have both. This headsculpt is better on Soosoo but the Virtual Toys isn't bad. The Battle Damaged head is hidden by the hair, but you can tell by the Soosoo Skin tone, that it's better painted. Anyone who missed the Virtual toys shouldn't be upset, as this is it's equal and in some ways better.

I am proud to own them both I must say. I have clothing and sword from the Virtual Toys, and will hunt for an extra head to make a third Kenshin.

I do expect Soosoo to release another Kenshin figure with different outfit, because why NOT?

Just got this figure in today and he is great. Not a big fan of the hair options, but everything else is fantastic. The crotch grabbing stand is a bit weird as it messes up the lines of his pants if used the normal way. It's great that the sleeve openings are wired, but I wish his belt was wired as well. Asnyway, not too difficult to do on my own.

How are you guys posing him? For now I have him all sullen, looking down and holding his sheathed sword, but I can't think of a good action pose for him, or which hands to use. Also love his socks and feet!

I have one on the way from Onesixthoutfitters $230 shipped. From what I see it looks pretty good, but could use a little bit of weathering on the clothing. Overall, looks like a solid release and will happily add it to my samurai collection.

Back