1/6 SooSoo Toys - 1/6 SST024: Blind Vigilante (Netflix Daredevil homemade suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here’s mine using the coo 009. The only parts I used when I got this figure was the shirt with the red inner collar and the boots. I had a Creg Customs season 3 sculpt and did the hands and wraps myself.
A89F5B5B-593D-41FD-8BC7-DFE48E0792FF.jpeg

Here’s mine using the coo 009. The only parts I used when I got this figure was the shirt with the red inner collar and the boots. I had a Creg Customs season 3 sculpt and did the hands and wraps myself.
View attachment 563686

That is absolutely incredible! Really fantastic job that’s downright portrait-worthy!!!

Holy smokes, though, talk about some true custom work… What about for somebody like me, who is completely new to this, do you have any recommendations or instructions to simplify?

(…or any kind of instructions on how to go about getting close to this awesome result? 😊)

I really appreciate you taking the time to do this, by the way!

I would start with a body swap and go from there. The parts with the SooSoo version are good, the issue was always the body. I did all the custom work before something convenient like this figure was made. Had this been available I probably would’ve stuck with it with a body swap of course. As you progress and decide to further customize, I or others will be around here to help out!

Ahh, I see - I had no idea you created this before the SooSoo was available; even more impressive now, ha!

I definitely like the idea of keeping it as simple as possible (for now; like you said, I may progress from there with something like the custom muay thai rope wraps like in the photo you took as they look absolutely incredible), so body swap-alone works for me :)

Here's the thing, in that case: if the BD009 is unavailable, are any of the examples I linked to a worthy replacement? It's difficult to tell not having ever done a body swap if they're borderline too thin...

(Or too short, even? If you scroll through these, there's a size comparison with what I assume is a previous year's model?)

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/185643
^ This one seems close to BD009, no? Or is it not Charlie Cox-bulky enough?

you will probably want to find a body with a molded in neck.
I didn’t realize that new MB001 was as short as it was. Looks like they’re whole line is changing this year. That looks close to the size of the Ganghood Asian body. Def too short.
Usually COO make them in pairs.
For example:
There’s 001 and then 002 would be a tall version of that body
there’s 009 and then there’s a tall version 010
DFD4FE4A-F21B-4D9A-9A92-4F4C5D7B8641.jpeg

you will probably want to find a body with a molded in neck.
I didn’t realize that new MB001 was as short as it was. Looks like they’re whole line is changing this year. That looks close to the size of the Ganghood Asian body. Def too short.
Usually COO make them in pairs.
For example:
There’s 001 and then 002 would be a tall version of that body
there’s 009 and then there’s a tall version 010
View attachment 563878

This is a tremendous help, @Magnusstewardson - especially with regards to your observation about the shorter overall height as well as your comment regarding the molded neck versus the one from the example I sent (where it appears to have its own articulation).

Never heard of Ekia - thanks! I’ve actually been eyeing Monkey Depot; ever dealt with them?

MD seem to carry the pairs as you mentioned - I’m going to start searching for the shorter/newer of them now, if I understood you correctly? …

Last edited:
Found a Soosootoys Blind Vigilante at a good price and now I got all the Netflix Daredevils suits (except for the Season 1 final suit) which I might try to customize it.
IMG_5287.jpeg

IMG_5282.jpeg

IMG_5281.jpeg

IMG_5283.jpeg

IMG_5284.jpeg

IMG_5285.jpeg

IMG_5286.jpeg

Yeah that looks like the same Ganghood body I used for my S3 custom. It's definitely a bit too large for Cox, but I tried every other generic body out there and they all seemed way too small and skinny, so I can understand why Soosoo went with that one. The only drawback is the arms aren't double jointed, so you can't put him in his signature boxing pose.

View attachment 499164
Is this just a the standard “Logan” ganghood muscle body you’re using as it looks slimmer to do the soosoo toys one?

Back