SooSoo Toys 1/6 Boy of Steel Superboy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve never seen a true preorder only exclusive item. It costs too much to make separate versions. All versions ought to be the same.

Part of me thinks it could all just be a way to get as many orders as possible. When it comes to 3rd Party Transformers, they say that certain accessories are PO exclusives but then the entire first batch that the store receives has the exclusive item included regardless if you preordered or not. Usually second batches don't have the extra item though.

With that said, this doesn't look bad, but not great either. I know part of the low cost is using readily available bodies rather than creating your own, but man am I tired of seeing that Ganghood/Bane body being used so much, especially when it doesn't suit the actor. They used it on the Butcher figure and Carl urban is in no way that large in the arms or the waist.

I still want the display base and maybe Krypto to display with my SSC 1/6 Superman figure. Would be nice to get rid of that blank black display stand for something that has some design to it.

Technically it is for pre-order only since SooSooToys only produces a set amount for preorders and usually marks each figure as sold out once officially released. That said, yeah it's just a "gimmick" to get people to preorder the figures ahead of time. I think Hot Toys is really the only one who does two separate versions. Even Threezero stopped doing their own store exclusive and now just does 1 unified version for all their figures.

I was not expecting to have this already, but I was pleasantly to find it waiting today from OSO! They sent an email a few weeks saying they expected to have it in warehouse mid-month, so this is a nice surprise. First thoughts: pants are too tight and neck is too short. Otherwise, and this isn't on Soosoo, but it's kind of bland. The sculpt is tweaked a bit from the prototype, getting it closer to the actor likeness, but it's not 100%. This isn't Soosoo'most impressive work. If Superboy we're the only thing on the box, I might've been disappointed. But Krypto is f'ng great. Very easy to use/switch eyes. The sculpt and paint are very nice. Superboy and Krypto together are a nice combo and worth it for fans of the show or just the character.

Superboy arrived. I am digging the heat vision sculpt. The LED is quite bright. The regular head is kind of bland but overall solid release. While the legs are restricted but not as restricted as some HT MCU figures. This pic was not edited in any way.
IMG_20220203_180353_321.jpg

Does anyone know if Is it available to purchase and be shipped - or is it still in pre-order status? - anywhere to purchase in the US? Thank you for any information you can offer.

Man, I’m bummed I didn’t pick this up when it was released. Cant find him anywhere for a price that isn’t completely ridiculous.

Man, I’m bummed I didn’t pick this up when it was released. Cant find him anywhere for a price that isn’t completely ridiculous.
Well, don’t pull the trigger just yet. With a 2.0 Nightwing happening it’s possible they’ll take another stab at Superboy too. Nothing announced yet but I’d say it’s more of a possibility now than it was even yesterday.

Back