SooSoo - 1/6 SST-048 White Wolf Geralt (Netflix) Season 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Colour me unimpressed. I hope they can still improve that bust a bit. It does depict Henry Cavill but it’s improvable. Also hair is waay too bulky. Not sold about the eyes either, a bit out of alignment maybe, color also a bit orange-ish, while skin is a bit reddish or so it looks like. Maybe I’m asking for too much though given its price.

76DEED1F-762F-410A-A12D-280FFE408AF9.jpeg

I do believe it’s the hair what breaks it for me the most though… if someone could add rooted hair to it, it would come a long way. It’s soosootoys so who knows… They usually hit quite a good spot in the price/quality ratio. Unimpressed… but considering it. Maybe I just hoped someone could do a better HC Geralt.

I like the sculpt, but the hair looks SUPER weird. Why is it so hard to do a figure with decent hair?

Not that the BT version is a ton better hairwise- it also looks super chunky and plastic. But I guess that's the standard for most of these figures, sadly.

I like the sculpt, but the hair looks SUPER weird. Why is it so hard to do a figure with decent hair?

Not that the BT version is a ton better hairwise- it also looks super chunky and plastic. But I guess that's the standard for most of these figures, sadly.
It was pointed out elsewhere that the hair on this looked like a mop:

9CA0D513-F557-483E-B651-5F940D5A8E1B.jpeg

Which is why long hair should ALWAYS be done with real hair — not sculpted.

I totally agree. It can't be THAT much more difficult or expensive. And it looks 1000% better when they do it with just a small amount of care.

Threezero rooted hair looks like crap. Asmus too. I don't want rooted hair unless it's done by a custom artist or studio or by Inart, which proved they offer custom level quality.

I thought the Gandalfs by Asmus look pretty good.

Not perfect but a far far far cry better than plastic hair. IMO.
gtw.jpg

I thought the Gandalfs by Asmus look pretty good.

Not perfect but a far far far cry better than plastic hair. IMO.
View attachment 622290
Doesn't work in this case for it to look so nice and clean. Cavills hair in this is closer to Aragorn, very messy, frizzy and curly.

If they did rooted hair, it would have to have been on a very high quality level for it to look proper and not Hot Toys Barbie-like. No chance we were getting that from a smaller third party company like SooSoo. Best bet is to get the sculpt rooted yourself from an artist.

211213114243-the-witcher-season-2-netflix.jpg

324440313_1398455137225745_4580910926999928863_n_1_2000x.jpg

Doesn't work in this case for it to look so nice and clean. Cavills hair in this is closer to Aragorn, very messy, frizzy and curly.

If they did rooted hair, it would have to have been on a very high quality level for it to look proper and not Hot Toys Barbie-like. No chance we were getting that from a smaller third party company like SooSoo. Best bet is to get the sculpt rooted yourself from an artist.

211213114243-the-witcher-season-2-netflix.jpg

324440313_1398455137225745_4580910926999928863_n_1_2000x.jpg
Agreed, while rooted hair looks fancy when it is done properly, in most cases it doesn't look good especially on third party figures. Look at Hot Toys,they can't do it. I think sculpted hair is always a safer option. I prefer separated hair strands over one massive piece. Soo Soo did a fine job imo, as his hair in season 2 is different from the season 1 look. Could it be better? Absolutely, but figure still looks solid. However ppl can always customise and reroot that sculpt, as we saw most of the hair is separated from the head so it will be easy to remove. Personally I don't own any rooted figures,don't need extra headache,even if they offered rooted sculpt,I'd still buy sculpted, did that with Aragorn.

I guess a matter of personal preference, but the few rooted action figures that I have look fine to me. Danerys by Threezero in 2017, Gandalf the Grey and GTW by Asmus- these are all smaller companies and the hair looks pretty good. Certainly 1000% better (to me at least) than thick ropes of plastic that look more like a crappy mop or a cheap kid's toy.

Buet yes, hopefully at the very least, the head isn't deformed under the hair so that rooting can be done after the fact.

Colour me unimpressed. I hope they can still improve that bust a bit. It does depict Henry Cavill but it’s improvable. Also hair is waay too bulky. Not sold about the eyes either, a bit out of alignment maybe, color also a bit orange-ish, while skin is a bit reddish or so it looks like. Maybe I’m asking for too much though given its price.

View attachment 621042

I do believe it’s the hair what breaks it for me the most though… if someone could add rooted hair to it, it would come a long way. It’s soosootoys so who knows… They usually hit quite a good spot in the price/quality ratio. Unimpressed… but considering it. Maybe I just hoped someone could do a better HC Geralt.
Is there anything you like about this piece?

Sorry, i don't mean to sound sarcastic but thats a hefty list of complaints about a figure youre yet to see the final product of. To be fair for what it is, this piece definitely exceeded expectations for many. In fact some prefer this to the BuzzToys counterpart. I for one like both and look forward to having seasons 1 & 2 in my display.

Theres still plenty of time for alterations to be made and Im sure SooSoo will undoubtedly make changes to this prototype before release. I feel like shredding figures apart before they have a chance to hit the shelves or even the factory is detrimental to the fimpanoes producing them. If people cant be happy with anything then these companies cant be blamed for cancellations and constant delays. Too many collectors expect the world while wanting ti pay the bare minimum. The world just doesnt work that way. If people want top quality then they have to be prepared to pay for it. Too often i see these sorts of complaints followed by the same folks being outraged that the next figure which boasts vast improvements made by taking previous compalaints jnto account costing more than the first. We cant have it both ways. Sometimes i think we need to learn to be happy with what we have instead of complaining about what we dont.

Got this today, nobody has asked,but I'd love to share, this is probably the last official Cavill merchandise by Netflix. Very cute and beautiful in person.

View attachment 623929
Beautiful! Agree with you completely, there wont be much more Cavill Witcher merch hitting the shelves any time soon.

I picked up this wee beauty by Mini Epics & Weta Workshop this easter weekend. Very similar feel to the Gabriel Soares statue, i particularly like the slight comic bookish feel to these pieces

Attachments

• IMG_20230409_183321_800.jpg
    IMG_20230409_183321_800.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 0
Beautiful! Agree with you completely, there wont be much more Cavill Witcher merch hitting the shelves any time soon.

I picked up this wee beauty by Mini Epics & Weta Workshop this easter weekend. Very similar feel to the Gabriel Soares statue, i particularly like the slight comic bookish feel to these pieces
Got that one as well! He is cute! Skipped Yen and Ciri,they look hilarious...Sad Weta cancelled other statue,still not over it 😢 time to time have flashbacks and get sad lol. Whenever Soo Soo releases this,I'll try to recreate that cancelled statue for the photoshoot lol

Attachments

• AAHM786AAGM19-1_1200x.jpeg
    AAHM786AAGM19-1_1200x.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Is there anything you like about this piece?

Sorry, i don't mean to sound sarcastic but thats a hefty list of complaints about a figure youre yet to see the final product of. To be fair for what it is, this piece definitely exceeded expectations for many. In fact some prefer this to the BuzzToys counterpart. I for one like both and look forward to having seasons 1 & 2 in my display.

Theres still plenty of time for alterations to be made and Im sure SooSoo will undoubtedly make changes to this prototype before release. I feel like shredding figures apart before they have a chance to hit the shelves or even the factory is detrimental to the fimpanoes producing them. If people cant be happy with anything then these companies cant be blamed for cancellations and constant delays. Too many collectors expect the world while wanting ti pay the bare minimum. The world just doesnt work that way. If people want top quality then they have to be prepared to pay for it. Too often i see these sorts of complaints followed by the same folks being outraged that the next figure which boasts vast improvements made by taking previous compalaints jnto account costing more than the first. We cant have it both ways. Sometimes i think we need to learn to be happy with what we have instead of complaining about what we dont.
I like that it’s Cavill’s Geralt… The face is not bad at all, but the hair breaks it for me, what can I say. Sure thing everything else is better than Buzztoys attempt, but hair isn’t imo. Colour, bulkyness and design are just wrong, and I cannot unsee it. I hope I could, everything else I can deal with and it’s perfectly fine for the price this sell at - I did say it was a me thing expecting a higher quality Cavill figure, not from Soosoo but in general. Still can’t deal with the hair even at the price. If it had something closer to Buzztoys hair I’d be all in.

If most people are ok and I’m the only crazy one complaining about the hair (which it looks like I am), sure thing Soosoo will not change plans… if everyone thought it’s awefull, what would there be wrong in asking for improvements? This is a community… we actually give information to the manufacturers about what we like or don’t, it’s very valuable information actually. We cannot expect though that they will make changes suddenly once it arrives, especially if there hasn’t been any noise about it. I’d never preorder based on hopeful thoughts.

I do have Soosoo’s Gambit which I believe is a masterpiece, and the hair is actually one of my favourite things about it. Also, good rant but don’t count me in that group. I’ve been in your position the whole Inart Joker thread, if you think I’m being picky here, please, be my guest, follow me there and have fun. Grab a ruler though. It’s hard debating with OT Customs… :ROFLMAO:

Back