SooSoo - 1/6 SST-044 Unbreakable (Invincible)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just hit by the invoice from TNS. Soon! I'm actually surprised that it was still available for pre-order considering how low the production run is. Maybe it's not very popular? I dunno.

I was just hit by the invoice from TNS. Soon! I'm actually surprised that it was still available for pre-order considering how low the production run is. Maybe it's not very popular? I dunno.
I guess "Invincible" isn't as popular as Marvel and DC but it is equally amazing imo,just not as well known in the general audience. Haven't seen in hand pics of the figure,but prototype looked unique and interesting, usually SooSoo final product is better than prototype so I'm excited. Also heard that amazon worked on S2 and S3 back to back so they'll be out soon.

I guess "Invincible" isn't as popular as Marvel and DC but it is equally amazing imo,just not as well known in the general audience.
I absolutely adore Invincible and have done for nearly two decades. It's the only superhero franchise I like, but I do not like the figure. I think quality-wise, it looks fantastic (especially in that unboxing video) but it isn't a good representation of the comic character for me. I really dislike their take on the suit, his face looks too old and generic and his build looks malnourished, rather than slim.

I totally get why other people may love the figure, but there are probably some fans like me who don't think this realistic take resembles the character they love.
Looks fantastic in that video and I'm happy for those who picked him up! I'm tempted only because there is no other option, but that's not a sensible reason to spend money.

I absolutely adore Invincible and have done for nearly two decades. It's the only superhero franchise I like, but I do not like the figure. I think quality-wise, it looks fantastic (especially in that unboxing video) but it isn't a good representation of the comic character for me. I really dislike their take on the suit, his face looks too old and generic and his build looks malnourished, rather than slim.

I totally get why other people may love the figure, but there are probably some fans like me who don't think this realistic take resembles the character they love.
Looks fantastic in that video and I'm happy for those who picked him up! I'm tempted only because there is no other option, but that's not a sensible reason to spend money.
I agree, I'm not a fan of the ''realistic'' take either,I'd prefer accurate looking ''cartoonish'' figures any time,but as we don't have other alternatives I'm still happy with these. However I'm truly bothered by the rubber costumes Soo Soo is doing, these won't age well.
These customs are fantastic, wish they got mass produced.

Attachments

• 208942716_4115005765248334_1666768894198982628_n.jpg
    208942716_4115005765248334_1666768894198982628_n.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 210131419_4111675345581376_3738838398082983212_n.jpg
    210131419_4111675345581376_3738838398082983212_n.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 0
I agree, I'm not a fan of the ''realistic'' take either,I'd prefer accurate looking ''cartoonish'' figures any time,but as we don't have other alternatives I'm still happy with these. However I'm truly bothered by the rubber costumes Soo Soo is doing, these won't age well.
The fabric accurate ones done by Geewhiz is a lot better but yeah I don't feel like spending $500+ or however much they charge for each outfit they do.

Soosoo's version of Omni and Invincible will do just fine. Maybe some other company will do a fabric version down the road but I doubt it. I wish SooSoo did more characters.

asL7yEY.jpg

The fabric accurate ones done by Geewhiz is a lot better but yeah I don't feel like spending $500+ or however much they charge for each outfit they do.

Soosoo's version of Omni and Invincible will do just fine. Maybe some other company will do a fabric version down the road but I doubt it. I wish SooSoo did more characters.

asL7yEY.jpg
Soo Soo Omni is great imo,but not a fan of the collar area,it makes no sense,they should have done it in a different way. Otherwise pretty solid fogure,love the sculpts. Haven't displayed mine yet,waiting to Invincible to arrive, but need to wash the cape first lol

Oh yes, I absolutely LOVE these ones. I'm not the biggest fan of Nolan's face, but the proportions and outfits are absolute perfection and it would have been a dream for these to have been mass produced. The body on SooSoo Nolan looks horrendous and I hate the outfit material.

With that said, Mark definitely looks like the better of the two figures, so I'm looking forward to seeing your photos when you have him in hand!

Since this is the Invincible thread, just a minor detour, but CheapGraphicNovels.com is having a major sale on all Image books, so you can get any of the TPBs or HCs for 50% off cover. They're all on Special Order, so it might take a few weeks to ship out, but it's better than waiting a year like most figures.

And if you're like me and were out of the game for a while, they're going to finish the Library Editions. They infamously discontinued that format after 3 volumes, but it sounds like since the show did so well, it generated enough interest to finish that format and volume 4 should be out later this year. Fingers crossed that 5 and 6 follow shortly after.

Paid TNS for Invincible. Hopefully we'll have him within the next couple weeks.

Can't wait to pose him and Nolan in his Think Mark, Think! pose. Though I don't think suit material will allow me to achieve the crouch he's in during that scene. Best I can do was this (on an M34 body):

T2txCp5.jpg

The rubber suit wasn't as limiting as I thought they'd be. Other than a crouch it allows me to do most of what I need.

I swapped out the atrocious World Box body SooSoo insists on using for their thicker superheroes (Nolan, Routh Superman, etc). It's one of the worst bodies I've ever seen. Ugly single joint elbows, an inch taller than a normal 1/6 body, and soosoo uses a sculpted torso piece that makes ab crunch useless. I Used an M34 I had and it fills out the suit nicely and allows the elbows to do the proper pointing pose. And I think it greatly improves the look of the figure proportionately, and it matches Nolan's physique on the show. I think an M35 would work well too but I didn't have an extra on hand.

I also did a minor mod to the collar, and now the piece sits on top of the suit rather than awkwardly under it. It's still not perfect because SooSoo just messed up the shape, but it'll do for now. I'm happy with it.

lpzt4Dr.jpg

and now he's not awkwardly a whole head&shoulder taller than other characters.
dPFlbot.jpg

Paid TNS for Invincible. Hopefully we'll have him within the next couple weeks.

Can't wait to pose him and Nolan in his Think Mark, Think! pose. Though I don't think suit material will allow me to achieve the crouch he's in during that scene. Best I can do was this (on an M34 body):

T2txCp5.jpg

The rubber suit wasn't as limiting as I thought they'd be. Other than a crouch it allows me to do most of what I need.

I swapped out the atrocious World Box body SooSoo insists on using for their thicker superheroes (Nolan, Routh Superman, etc). It's one of the worst bodies I've ever seen. Ugly single joint elbows, an inch taller than a normal 1/6 body, and soosoo uses a sculpted torso piece that makes ab crunch useless. I Used an M34 I had and it fills out the suit nicely and allows the elbows to do the proper pointing pose. And I think it greatly improves the look of the figure proportionately, and it matches Nolan's physique on the show. I think an M35 would work well too but I didn't have an extra on hand.

I also did a minor mod to the collar, and now the piece sits on top of the suit rather than awkwardly under it. It's still not perfect because SooSoo just messed up the shape, but it'll do for now. I'm happy with it.

lpzt4Dr.jpg

and now he's not awkwardly a whole head&shoulder taller than other characters.
dPFlbot.jpg
Oh wow do you mind going over how you did the collar/cape modification? Looks better than how they did it stock.

Oh wow do you mind going over how you did the collar/cape modification? Looks better than how they did it stock.
Yep it's super easy. Just unzip the suit and you will then have access to the collar piece. Just carefully lift the piece off of the body. It's held on by a mild adhesive, but it came off pretty easily for me without even needing to heat it up first.

Zip the suit back up to tighten the opening around the neck. This is the one part that you may have a different experience than I did because I did this after transferring the suit to a phicen M34. The stock body this figure comes on has slightly wider shoulders so you may or may not be able to close the suit opening tight enough around the neck for the collar piece to cover the opening entirely. But give it a try.

Then it was just a matter of using some strong double sided tape on the underside of the collar piece and just placing it back onto the neck and pressing it down onto the suit. It holds firmly enough for me and it's not permanent in case you want to adjust the cape or return everything back to stock.

I'm really enjoying the figure. Of course I wish the suit was fabric and that they would stop using these World bodies but this is a great Invincible figure even with those shortcomings. The bloody magnetic swap out parts is really nicely done and brings the figure up a notch.

Too lazy to take Omni-Man out from the closet but having a blast posing and shooting this guy. Hope they do more characters like Allen and Eve.

52866435049_741e0c2205_o_d.png

52865682172_f8aae94183_k_d.jpg
52866426094_2b7f28b1a4_k_d.jpg

52866435044_618fc452f7_o_d.png

Yep it's super easy. Just unzip the suit and you will then have access to the collar piece. Just carefully lift the piece off of the body. It's held on by a mild adhesive, but it came off pretty easily for me without even needing to heat it up first.

Zip the suit back up to tighten the opening around the neck. This is the one part that you may have a different experience than I did because I did this after transferring the suit to a phicen M34. The stock body this figure comes on has slightly wider shoulders so you may or may not be able to close the suit opening tight enough around the neck for the collar piece to cover the opening entirely. But give it a try.

Then it was just a matter of using some strong double sided tape on the underside of the collar piece and just placing it back onto the neck and pressing it down onto the suit. It holds firmly enough for me and it's not permanent in case you want to adjust the cape or return everything back to stock.
Thanks for that, just read this and 15min later it was done and I think it's a definite improvement even with minimal futsing, stock body and no tape/glue! The height of the collar becomes more accurate and it minimizes that "ridge" created by the cape hooks and bodysuit.

Also it's more in line with how his son's costume is made that just came in!
PXL_20230503_172005345.jpg
PXL_20230503_171910733.jpg

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying the figure. Of course I wish the suit was fabric and that they would stop using these World bodies but this is a great Invincible figure even with those shortcomings. The bloody magnetic swap out parts is really nicely done and brings the figure up a notch.

Too lazy to take Omni-Man out from the closet but having a blast posing and shooting this guy. Hope they do more characters like Allen and Eve.

52865682172_f8aae94183_k_d.jpg
52866426094_2b7f28b1a4_k_d.jpg
Nice shots! Despite the limiting suit material you got some good range out of those poses.
Thanks for that, just read this and 15min later it was done and I think it's a definite improvement even with minimal futsing, stock body and no tape/glue! The height of the collar becomes more accurate and it minimizes that "ridge" created by the cape hooks and bodysuit.

Also it's more in line with how his son's costume is made that just came in!
View attachment 637583

Nice! Yeah the mod is so simple but improves the figure a heck of a lot. That said, I do think their Invincible figure is the better one overall. Great comparison between the two. Does the height check out? I think it's close enough to the source.

Finally got him. While figure looks good I still have a mixed feelings about it. It doesn't feel ''premium quality'' extremely light weight and that fully rubbery suit gonna crack like hell in a few years. I wish Soo Soo kept that in mind when they design stuff, they use too much rubber recently. Sculpts look very impressive tho. I don't regret getting him, I love Invincible and have Omni-Man so they gonna look amazing together,but definitely could be better.

Has anyone tried replacing Omni-man’s body with Phicen M35? I am trying to find out whether M35 is too big based on how the SSR Omni-man looked with the M35. Many thanks

Last edited:
Back