SooSoo - 1/6 SST-042 Anna Marie the Variant (Rogue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooof, sorry (for myself that is) b/c I'm not liking what I'm seeing. I keep looking at the pics hoping I would find something I like about it, but I just can't. Boots and gloves are an too orange yellow instead of matching the yellow on her costume. Already knew the body was going to be meh, but definitely needs to be swapped with the muscular phicen/TBLeage body, so that's an extra $70-$80. And those headsculpts still look bad. Jacket looks like it's just waiting to start faking. Think I'm going to cancel unless a video review changes my mind before the 18th. Just don't really feel like putting in the work to bring this figure up to a level I'd be happy with. To me, this is not an out of the box winner.

Now that's not to rain on anyone's parade. I'm glad and actually a little jealous of those that like it. I wish I did since Sideshow has probably canned their line after how badly Gambit sold
How do you know Sideshow Gambit sold poorly?

Review up

Personally, I think it looks pretty good overall. The body looks right to me and I like the first face sculpt. I don't care for the second sculpt and will probably never use it. That black zipper is definitely the worst part of this, but at leastshould be very easy for a body swap if anyone chooses to. Not sure why it's not yellow to help it blend in.

Feels like I’ve been trying to offload that figure for about 2 years. You can’t even give it away.
I actually like my sideshow Gambit. I got mine for about $120 shipped, so I think that helps. That being said, I would take the SooSoo Gambit over SSC one but with the jacket from SSC. I love the tailoring on that thing. Unfortunately I missed out on that release.

Why were some people iffy about TNS? Very curious b/c I’ve ordered from them a good handful of times with no issues. I’ve even done late preorders with them and still got my figures
At the beginning of this thread, I believe some people claimed to have had problems with TNS. I am with you though, I have never had a problem.

Personally, I liked the whole SSC Super Hero line. I really don’t want the movie likeness of my favorite super heroes on my shelf because if I stop liking that actor, i’d be stuck with a 300.00$ (Chris Evans) likeness staring at me. Having someone actually stick their neck out and make a figure that resembles the comics is a breath of fresh air.
With that said, I’d like to see SooSoo do more characters like Sabretooth, Storm, Psylocke, etc.

Personally, I liked the whole SSC Super Hero line. I really don’t want the movie likeness of my favorite super heroes on my shelf because if I stop liking that actor, i’d be stuck with a 300.00$ (Chris Evans) likeness staring at me. Having someone actually stick their neck out and make a figure that resembles the comics is a breath of fresh air.
I own the Sideshow Magneto and I like it. Despite the issues I have with the body it’s still a cool looking figure. I think since the current zeitgeist leans more heavily towards “the movie/tv version of (insert hero here)” it’s difficult (but not impossible) to get people interested in comics-based figures.

Related to your point, we have to wonder how the Hot Toys Kang or Flash figures will sell knowing the actors portraying said characters have legal troubles? 🤔

I appreciated Sideshow's line for their intentions more than the final product. Every figure I bought from them required a body swap, at the very least (Harley Quinn being the exception).

Somebody needs to make comic book versions of these characters. If SooSoo took up that mantle, I'd be very happy. The little tweaks they've made to Gambit and Rogue's classic designs hit the sweet spot for me.

Those damn boots.
Looks like Rogue left her former team in a rush to join the X-Men
1685392872459.gif

If you look up 'concise' in the dictionary, it shows a picture of Jye reviewing this figure.

I own the Sideshow Magneto and I like it. Despite the issues I have with the body it’s still a cool looking figure. I think since the current zeitgeist leans more heavily towards “the movie/tv version of (insert hero here)” it’s difficult (but not impossible) to get people interested in comics-based figures.

Related to your point, we have to wonder how the Hot Toys Kang or Flash figures will sell knowing the actors portraying said characters have legal troubles? 🤔
I didn’t like Erza Miller in JLA, I can’t fathom watching an entire movie with his face in it for two hours. However, I would love to see Keaton just shine bright like he always does. Keaton was probably the best thing about homecoming for me.

Anyway, I agree, the color choice for the boots are a head-scratcher. But, Soosoo, if you read this, give a brother a 1/6 Colossus or Nightcrawler. Psylocke if you’re going to stick with the ladies. That dreadful Jean Grey too I guess…

Back