Something we haven't discussed...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ironman1188 said:
SciFiMetropolis-Kirk01.jpg
SciFiMetropolis-Spock01.jpg

These require explanation. What are we looking at? Are these the Maddox heads? Who made them? Who painted them?

:bow

They are prototype figures that were presented to Paramount by Sci Fi Metropolis in an effort to garner the license. While the Kirk is very good I feel it represents a very "young" Shatner, the Spock is beyond compare in my opinion though.
I have the Maddox heads and they are also very good.
DSC00154.jpg

I love the original cast movies the best. TOS was good too.

TNG (TV series) was great, especially around seasons 3-4 and I enjoy most of of TNG movies too (last was horrible).

I never liked any other Trek series though...they all just lacked the chemistry between characters that TNG and TOS had.

I grew up watching the original series but it was the TNG that really hooked me in. It will always be my favorite of the Trek shows. With that being said, Deep Space Nine had some of the best episodes of all of the series. I think that the episode where they go back in time to the "Trouble with Tribbles" episode of the original series has got to be in the top 5 episodes of all time.

By the way, I too have the Edylhands Kirk and Spock headsculpts and they are amazing. Don't have them painted or on a figure yet but hopefully in the near future.

A 1/4 PF Locutus would be fantastic!

I love Trek-- it's the formats Sideshow has chosen that I don't like.

I'm not a fan of shelling out $200+ for one figure. I'm not much on statues or busts either, although the TOS busts did tempt me.

If Sideshow did a 12" TOS line, I'd be all over it and then some.

Still, one good point that has been made is that Trek fandom is fractured. I LOVE TOS and TNG, but I dislike DS9 and I never fully warmed up to Voyager or Enterprise.

I'm a Trek fan, even an active member in a Star Trek fanclub, but lately I haven't been interested in turning my room into a Trek shrine. A love to see a nice spaceship model, even have a Bat'Leth hanging on my wall, but my collectors hearth lies with LOTR.

It's not TOS but TNG that created an uprise in the fanclub & collecting business. And DS9 did well too. With the end of Voyager things started to get down, people losing interest. Enterprise was both loved and hated but I don't believe it attrackted many new fans. But the fans that excist aren't just the oldies/ TOS-fans either. I think most are in their 20's or 30's. At least the ones that do something with fandom except loving the episodes, I'm talking about meetings, conventions and collectibles. But from what I see it's not the size of the fandom, rather the interest. I don't see many fans putting down a couple of hundred for a figure. But I know a lot who would pay that kind of money for a spaceship model. That's the thing that lives among a lot of ST fans. I think an alien like a Borg or the Species 8472 from Voyager would do well too. Things that still leave some imagination. Action figures (like the 12") would be the thing, poseable and not too expensive. Like ArtAsylum did with extra bridgeparts of Enterprise, so you can create your own pose/ scene. Only then not bring out all except one.

The LOTR figures take me back into the movie, they suck me right into a scene. The Star Trek figures don't do that for me, I don't get the dynamic from the piece. Therefore I won't collect them.

With that being said, Deep Space Nine had some of the best episodes of all of the series. I think that the episode where they go back in time to the "Trouble with Tribbles" episode of the original series has got to be in the top 5 episodes of all time.

I agree, that one was really entertaining.

Even "Enterprise" had some good episodes in the final season, I liked their "flashback" episodes with the re-done militaristic opening credits and the alternate universe "bad" crew. Of course I especially like T'Pol half-shirt outfit she wore in those episodes, I'd definitely pick up a 1/4th of T'Pol if she were outfitted like that! :naughty

I have to agree, it would be nice to see some 1/6 scale Star Trek figures. I have to believe that the market is out there for these. I know I would pick them up.

Battletroll said:
A love to see a nice spaceship model, even have a Bat'Leth hanging on my wall

Master Replicas is making a Studio Scale replica of the Enterprise. There are 2 versions: one from the pilot episode, and the regular version from the original series.

I'm not a ST fan and will not be buying this (I'm getting the M. Falcon instead), but that should be one INCREDIBLE piece. IIRC, the Enterprise model that this will be based on is around 3 feet long. I've seen pics of the actual 11 foot model, but I don't think they'll be making that. ;)

Back