Social media and clickbait: a celebration of mediocrity

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otomofan

Super Freak
Reaction score
For months I read people gushing about how amazing and hilarious and jaw-dropping and pee your pants funny Keanu Reeves' entrance in the movie "Always Be My Maybe" is.

I saw it on a list of "best moments of the year" in movies, so I finally watched it.

It's perhaps the laziest, most obvious, incredibly mediocre attempt at humor you can imagine. The acting, the editing, the music....it's all been done a million times, right down to the editing beats. I can't even begin to understand why anyone would think this is in any way funny or novel or original. Because it's an Asian cast? Is that all it takes?

Also spotted today on the internet.....at article recommended to me that said "This fan art of Baby Yoda is so pure it will make you cry" or something stupid like that.

Is everyone is so desperate for any kind of attention that they're going out of their way to celebrate mediocrity?

Or is everyone that posts this garbage really that stupid?

It might not be your cup of tea, but it is harmless.

I would happily have Baby Yoda fan art in my feed if it meant not having to read bullsh** fake news blaming the fires destroying my country on arsonists and environmentalists.

It is the instant gratification generation way of living. Things change and in 20 years they will complain about the new behavior of the following generation.

Back