Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zurdo95D

Super Captain Marvel Freak!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
(Apologies, I was unable to find a thread for this upcoming film.)

E1XHZ2xXsAcaG0p

unnamed-1202496.jpeg

Shang Chi v. Snake Eye. Snake Eyes looks better, but Shang has that Marvel logo to put it in the temporary lead for the box office.

I'm a GI Joe fan since childhood, and the two best characters are Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. In Larry Hama's hands they were a Shakespearean tale of betrayal, revenge, and redemption. I read those comics so much I have them memorized.

This.....is NOT Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes. This is a sad generic, formulaic Hollywood product with the names of the characters we love plugged in, but bearing no resemblance to the source material, littered with lame ass stunts that look like a lot budget Fast/Furious movie.

I will not watch this trash. I'll download it, and skim it to see if it have a few minutes here or there of remotely interesting scenes, but this video sums what I think of this upcoming bastardization of a movie.

I thought about starting a thread for this a month ago, but I just couldn't muster any interest in the movie beyond the Classified figures where there's already a thread for them.
Snake Eyes is supposed to be white, scarred up, and mute, I doubt Henry Golding would be able to keep his mouth shut in this. Talk about representation, they change SE to Asian and chose not to represent someone with a disability and a disfigurement. It would make a far more interesting movie to have SE use sign language throughout and be scarred enough to want to hide his face.
Nope, this is a generic low budget GI Joe in name only ninja action wannabe summer blockbuster.

Rose Tico: "I'm the worst selling action figure of all time....they ended up recalling them and pulverizing them for scrap!"

Akiko: "Hold my sake."

I'm a GI Joe fan since childhood, and the two best characters are Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. In Larry Hama's hands they were a Shakespearean tale of betrayal, revenge, and redemption. I read those comics so much I have them memorized.

This.....is NOT Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes. This is a sad generic, formulaic Hollywood product with the names of the characters we love plugged in, but bearing no resemblance to the source material, littered with lame ass stunts that look like a lot budget Fast/Furious movie.

I will not watch this trash. I'll download it, and skim it to see if it have a few minutes here or there of remotely interesting scenes, but this video sums what I think of this upcoming bastardization of a movie.

I really didn't anticipate a 1:37 long video on fart sounds to be the highlight of my monday...but here we are :)

Who? :lol

She's cute tho.

La Casa De Papel is a very popular Spanish show that Netflix added a while back (called The Money Heist there). A bit ridiculous at times but still quite the fun watch. Ursula Corbero I guess would be considered the breakout star. I highly recommend it. If you decide to watch it, I suggest choosing the original Spanish with sub-titles. They just filmed the final season, which I believe is coming out this Fall.

Snake eyes has to be one of my favorite Joes in the franchise as a kid I always loved how badass he was. I'll still see the movie but I will never accept this guy as Snake eyes. As many mentioned Snake eyes is white and has scarring from a helicopter explosion which also messed up his vocals making him mute. Them changing him into Asian ruins the purpose and reason between his rivalry with Storm Shadow.

It's like they never learn their lesson. Rather than use the source material to their advantage, movie makers just want to use the name of favorite/popular characters and make up their own ****.

These Gi Joe characters already have a strong fan following. The stories have already been fleshed out ....and have already gained the respect and admiration from the fans. Why not just use the stories as is?! Or at least, some semblance of them?!

Seems like only Marvel Studios know this secret.

GI Joe was a favorite as a kid for me. I have some of the Sideshow figures and love the characters. GI Joe always had a diverse team and I agree that the characters should be cast accordingly. Snake Eyes is a favorite but switching up his background does do a major shift to his story as others have pointed out. Studios want diversity then put characters in it like Stalker and Torpedo, Spirit, Quick Kick and countless others that were created in the 80's. Movie to me looks uninspired to say the least. Really don't like the automatic shutting visor on his mask. I love the ninja look to Snake Eyes but would love to see is Commando look in a good movie.

Back