Sixth Scale (et al.) hobbyDB

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasudio

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Greetings,

The collector run database, hobbyDB now has a growing assemblage of sixth scale figures and related paraphernalia.

To begin with, here are some brands that already have a fairly comprehensive sixth scale collections at hobbyDB:
(...And more to come.)

I'll offer to be your curator inasmuch as I've been building up the collections as a volunteer contributor, with the intention of constructing ...a tool, a facility, a collage, for collectors and enthusiasts. A site where you can organize your collection, or wish list; estimate its value; and perhaps flaunt it a bit.

If you have suggestions for, or find errors/fault in the database, please let me know. This work is very much in progress.

All questions are welcomed. Now, please go and see what it's all about.

Sasudio

P.S. I think I'll be piling my updates round about here.

Greetings again,

Regarding site navigation.

Firstly, arriving to the site for the first time, above the Search field you can see five options, or sections of the database you can search. These are "Database Items", "Subjects", "Market", ”Members”, and "Blog". I'll encourage you to examine them all, and consult the Help section to find out more, but will now be concentrating on the ”Items” section.

Next, when you click on the option of ”Database Items”, the search will return you a list of items. Initially this list is all the latest items submitted to the database. Now you can start your search-work either with typing keyword(s) to ”Search” field or by refining the items list with the ”Filters” tool.

When using a keyword, you'll be returning a list of items with that word in their data content. (Be careful with the keyword spelling, as the search is not very forgiving with typos, suffixes, and such at the moment. It'll try and find the exact words and phrases in the Item data.) With the search option you can build on or refine your search. Beside the ”Search” field there are two buttons: ”New” and ”Add”. Whenever you start a new search with a keyword, click the ”New” button and when you want to refine that search type in a new word and click the ”Add” button. These generated keywords will be used as Filters under the Filters list and you can add and remove them to help your search.

So, on the left side of the list page there is a column of Filters. This is a power tool to refine your search. For example if your keyword was ”Superman”, you'll return an abundance of Items to the list, as you can imagine. But if you refine the search with Filters like Brand: ”Hot Toys”, or Scale: ”1/6”, you'll soon find what you're looking for. Additionally, at the bottom of the Filters column there is a list of Types of items, if you want a rough selection of Items of certain type.

Using the Search and the Filters will become more important as hobbyDB reaches its first goal of 100 billion collectibles. ;)

Note that there is also a sorting tool on the top right corner of the list that'll give you options to sort the listed items below. Here you have a nice selection of useful options to find out, for example, what Item is the oldest or how many hobbyDB users own it.

Conclusion: Learn the Search, and Bob's your uncle.

To help a selection of fandoms, I've made some overarching List Subjects. These work nicely in cases where the Items are spread along multiple Brands or Series', for example, or where the related Subjects are more complicated to do a simple search on. Here you go:
Hopefully this helps you to find your stuff. :)

Last edited:
Update: We now have a subject Sideshow, along with the already long existing subject Sideshow Collectibles. This is to separate the roles of a distributor and a designer/manufacturer, as the subject Sideshow Collectibles previously returned a fairly long and confusing list.

Update: I've added a secondary "Reference #" to Hot Toys items in those cases where it is beneficial for the search. Meaning that if you search the database using the Hot Toys reference numbers, it now allows you to use alternate legit options (as hobbyDB search is kind of strict). For example:

- For 2014 Iron Patriot Diecast figure, you can use reference numbers "MMS195D01" and "MMS195" and return the correct item
- For 2018 Arkham Knight figure, you can use reference numbers "VGM028" and "VGM28" and return the correct item

To whom it may concern.

If you've already gotten acquainted with, and recognized the merits of the database, you may want to consider dispensing some appreciation. After all, don't we all long for some approval once in a while?

In hobbyDB you can show your love in the following ways:

• With each database Subject you can show love in a more immediate way. Beside the Subject title there are some icons with one of them being a heart. By clicking this heart, your love has been counted and it is visible as a number beside the heart. Bigger the number, more beloved a Subject is. (example page: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/hobbydb/subjects/hot-toys-brand)

• And finally, similarly to the Subjects, each hobbyDB Member has a heart in their Showcase page. This heart can be found in the top left corner of the page and by clicking it, you've spread some love and appreciation. (example page, if I may: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/hobbydb/users/sasudio)

What are the benefits of me showing my hard-earned love, you may ask. In this stage, I'd say that they are mostly communal, meaning that as the amounts of rankings grow, they begin to dependably show how for example figures, themes, companies, etc. are appreciated by the collectors and fans. This can have wider benefits in the future, e.g. when you want to know if buying that Hot Toys Alien Girl you've been (creepily) eyeing for is really worth it, or when companies want to know which of their figures have gotten the best reception in the past and might deserve a thematic revisit.

But attaining these benefits would require a lot of ratings. So when you bring your collection to hobbyDB, it means a lot to also rate all of your items. ...And show love in general in the aforementioned ways.

And most importantly, always remember to rate yourself highly in your daily life. You are positively worth it. :love:

Greetings,

Star Ace sixth scale catalogue is now collected in the hobbyDB. At the moment it is divided into two lines: "My Favourite Movie Series" and "My Favourite Legend Series".

The Movie Series is comprised of a nice collection of movie themed figures, from a quite comprehensive selection of characters from the Harry Potter movies to some less seen surprises: Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill and even some Underworld. ...And, as a recent addition, there's even some TV characters from the series The Boys*.

The Legend Series is just that; legendary actors and characters from legendary films. James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, Steve McQueen, Audrey Hepburn and Christopher Lee, just to name them all. I'll be spending my time here...

And as a bonus, Star Ace's mixed media fourth scale statue line "My Art Gallery Series" is also available.

Here are some links for your convenience:

* Yes, I know. It's called "...'Movie' Series", I know.

And now we have the sixth scale catalogue of Asmus Toys in the hobbyDB. The catalogue contains a fine assortment of characters from films and video games.

Though Asmus Toys has created great figures from many a movie, their Tolkien Mythology series, holding characters from the Lord of the Rings trilogy and the Hobbit trilogy, is outstanding.

Similarly prominent is their line of figures from the Devil May Cry games series.

Check out these links for Asmus Toys availability:

Last edited:
The great British production house, Big Chief Studios, is now, pretty much*, collected in the hobbyDB. Their fine figures include treats for fans of James Bond, Doctor Who, Sherlock TV Series, and the Flash Gordon film, for example.

...And if you're a fan of the Thunderbirds, you may want to check their full listing also:
*I'm not entirely sure that all the Doctor Who figures and accessory packs are counted. If you know/have an exhaustive list, let me know.

Update: Firstly, the sixth scale figures of the Italian design house Infinite Statue have been added to the database. They have quite interesting figures in their Action! series including some giants of cinema. Worth staying tuned...
Secondly, I've updated the Item Search functionality post above (post #2) as there has been some changes and improvements to how it's done.

Back