SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentSurfer

Good Enough Never Is!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I see you shiver with antici...............................................pation!

I usually post my customs in the sections most appropriate to the pieces such as Hot Toys Predator customs in the Aliens & Robots section. I sometimes forget there is a whole section dedicated to us customizers. This section is amazing; filled with some truly fine art from sculptors, painters, and bashers alike. Some great artists have presented the bulk of their work in threads dedicated to their own stuff. I hope I am worthy to join them.

I'll be stocking this thread up with my work from the past, present, and future as I have time, but speaking of Hot Toys Predator customs, I thought I'd start my new thread with my lastest custom repaint of the HT Lost Hunter Predator. I did this for my good and generous friend, Rolando of qs_toysandcollectibles, who has hooked my up plenty. The original post in the A&R section is here:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2402999#post2402999

Meet EL DIABLO!
HPIM6969.jpg

HPIM6952.jpg

HPIM6962.jpg

HPIM6961.jpg

HPIM6956.jpg

HPIM6957.jpg

HPIM6955.jpg

HPIM6953.jpg

HPIM6964.jpg

HPIM6963.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad you started your own customs thread. I was going to suggest you do that. Amazing work. I'll be sure to post pics of your customs here once I get them.

You could probally get a good paycheck every month if you kept up with the flow. keep the turnover on time, don't take too much on at once and keep the quality.

X amount of customs per month and beyond that; start a wait list..

I don't want to see another of those non delivering threads..

Really pleased you started this thread Nathan

Your work is amazing and i cant wait to see how my head turns out

Cant wait to see more of your work and again i will be sure to post pics of my finished fig once i get it sorted.

Keep it up man, i got a feeling your going to become a busy painter for us guys :D

As someone who has one of Nathan's works. I have to say pictures don't even due them justice, it looks amazing in the photos but in person its mind blowing.

Not only is his work great but he is very honest and helpful when dealing with him through emails.
He was going to fix up a BOGUS head sculpt I got from another member on here. (I didn't know it was bad, I never ordered one before). Instead of charging me a lot of money to fix it up himself, like we originally planned, he gave me a link to another website he found for a new head sculpt, way cheaper.
If I can only find an auto mechanic as honest as him...

Thank you all very much for all the kind words. I had no idea I was so well received. That means a lot to me. I will do my best to live up to what you have come to expect from me and to strive to exceed those expectations.

You could probally get a good paycheck every month if you kept up with the flow. keep the turnover on time, don't take too much on at once and keep the quality.

X amount of customs per month and beyond that; start a wait list..

I don't want to see another of those non delivering threads..

5 by 5, sir.

Some of the posts I will put here are of things I no longer have in my possession being that they were commissions or I've sold them. So some of the pics may not be of the highest quality or set up. I will try to take newer pics of some of the stuff I've done and kept for myself though.

This next piece I did way back (a few years ago feels like a long time in this arena) when the 1/6 Jabba and Throne came out, and so too did the amazing Slave Leia by Gentle Giant. In atypically accurate 1/6 scale, she fit perfectly onto the Jabba's throne with him, but first you had to painstakingly remove her base, which also meant removing her skirt.

From May, 2008, on the onesixthwarriors.com site (I didn't know about the Freaks Forum yet), here is the original post of this custom:
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...0330-custom-slave-leia-jabba-diorama-hot.html

All of the pics have been transferred to this thread for easy viewing, but if you want some very detailed 'how to' on this mod, I used to be pretty tutorial in my posts. In April, '09, I also posted some of the pics in the Leia PF thread on the Freaks Board which also includes pics of some PF face repaints I did here:https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53133

Here is quoted original post from the OSW site with a funny story about Carrie Fisher's reaction to the original Gentle Giant piece at SDCC.
Just had to share my work with you all. I love seeing people's customs. It gives me great ideas for my own stuff. I actually thought of this custom the second I saw the Gentle Giant Slave Leia figure at SDCC '06. I know others have done this with their figures, though I haven't actually seen anyone else's work, but have they done it this well? I ground off the base and skirt, replaced the skirt with real cloth, and took the chain from the Kotobukiya figure because it was accurate whereas the Gentle Giant one was just a plain chain.
HPIM2409.jpg

HPIM2406.jpg

HPIM2410.jpg

HPIM2407.jpg

Now, originally, the scuplted skirt didn't cover as much of Leia's butt as the final product skirt does, but when Carrie Fisher, who was at SDCC '06, saw the figure she threw a _____-fit to the Gentle Giant staff in front of everybody (eyewitness account) complaining that she didn't want a figure showing off "HER" butt and couchy. I was told this by a Gentle Giant staff member personally at the Star Wars 30th anniversary convention. GG had to rescuplt the skirt to cover more of her cheeks. To that I say, HELL NO! I not only removed the sculpted skirt, but filled in the square hole it fit into in her right cheek, sanded it smooth, and paint matched it so that my figure has a full Carrie Fisher moon. Besides, it's not Carrie Fisher's backside I want to see, it's Leia's, and now you can too. You're welcome.
HPIM2414.jpg

HPIM2413.jpg

HPIM2416.jpg

KBA now owns this Leia piece. He had sent me his for the same treatment, but I wanted to go a step further and see if I could take her top off. Compared to the skirt, that turned out to be very easy, but what was underneath was less than titillating. I ended up just giving KBA this piece in the pictures while I kept his. I've been working on the new one between projects for a while now, and she is almost done. I'll be back with some WIP pics of that mod soon. The final piece (once I get her skirt on) will have to be viewed at the OSW Adults section though because the rules on this site will definitely not allow how hot she looks now. I'll be sure to include a link though.

That pred really does look awesome. Wish I could afford to get more preds and weapons and then request a repaint. Still though, looks bloody awesome!

:cool:Your paint jobs are awesome mate!!That work on predator figure is a work of art and very difficult. Great customs around this thread.
I love your Freddy dreammaster mod with the furnace diorama:naughty

The official Slave Leia piece looks like this, but this isn't what you actual get. This one has brownish blankets.
SlaveLeia.jpg

This is more like what you actually get. With black blankets.
slave20leia20statue.png

Here is how it looked when it premiered at SDCC '06. If you compare this pic to the one above, it looks like they added a bit of skirt to the front of her lap since this version.
RA1W0746.jpg

Now check out how much of her backside used to be exposed. This is what Carrie Fisher pitched a fit about. Contrarily, this is what made me want this piece all the more. It was the ultimate sexy Leia.
195896944_fd0246c3f1.jpg

But this is what GG did to passify her. This is what prompted me to inquire about the change at the 30th Celebration where I heard about Fisher's negative reception to the figure.
3856509504_450f5f5698.jpg

They added nearly 100% more skirt back there.
3856509646_f400f80cb5.jpg

"Butt" I wanted to see the whole thing as originally planned. See pics in previous post.

Back