Sideshow: The Mandalorian - Ahsoka Tano (Rosario Dawson) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"If it dies out or breaks then it would be the same as never having any to begin with." That is really an absurd argument. So I should use that arguement in the future when re-selling something? When something breaks, it effectively detracts from the final piece. So my point is, I want as few potential detractors as possible. If you sell a car, and something isn't working, would you just say "Yea, let's just pretend it never had that to begin with".
I think you're missing the point, some people like their lightsabers to light up, but we're well aware they can break and stop working. Obviously we would prefer the lights to work forever, and great if it does.

You don't want light up, that is okay

She looks absolutely amazing you have to be nuts not to buy it especially if you’re a huge SW fan like I am, no brainer really!

That being said i’m skipping it.

No, no post like that is complete without an added grouse session about how this is a cool statue, true but also your chagrin at there still being no Luke Skywalker PF showing him balanced on one hand, Yoda in his backpack and with a Dagobah swamp base. Because you have BEEN WAITING FOR YEARS DAMN IT

Complaints are a must.

Why not use battery eliminator and feed the light directly from the wall? They are cheap, and work flawlessly.
I use them for all my collectables, and display them permanently lit.
If I end up with more light up statues that work but have batteries, I will probably do that. I use smart plugs on my other LEDs (mostly lifesize Han in Carb and Fett's) and I'm able to turn them off while leaving all the other shelf lighting on, which conserves their life. What battery eliminator do you recommend?

No, no post like that is complete without an added grouse session about how this is a cool statue, true but also your chagrin at there still being no Luke Skywalker PF showing him balanced on one hand, Yoda in his backpack and with a Dagobah swamp base. Because you have BEEN WAITING FOR YEARS DAMN IT

Complaints are a must.
Is that Luke on one hand PF the equivilent of an HT Bespin Han? :)

"If it dies out or breaks then it would be the same as never having any to begin with." That is really an absurd argument. So I should use that arguement in the future when re-selling something? When something breaks, it effectively detracts from the final piece. So my point is, I want as few potential detractors as possible. If you sell a car, and something isn't working, would you just say "Yea, let's just pretend it never had that to begin with".
It’s hilarious that this is going way over your head. I was referring to YOU specifically. If you bought a statue that has a light up feature and it breaks, what does it matter? You don’t like that feature, and never planned on using it anyway. If we’re talking about re-selling, that’s a completely different story. I’m surprised you own anything with the mentality of “it has potential to break in the future.” :lol

It’s hilarious that this is going way over your head. I was referring to YOU specifically. If you bought a statue that has a light up feature and it breaks, what does it matter? You don’t like that feature, and never planned on using it anyway. If we’re talking about re-selling, that’s a completely different story. I’m surprised you own anything with the mentality of “it has potential to break in the future.” :lol
What's hilarious is that you are the one that quoted me to begin with and in my attempt to express my point you tell me that things are going over my head.

Is that Luke on one hand PF the equivilent of an HT Bespin Han? :)

No, because no matter how unlikely his appearance may be, Bespin Han would not be ridiculous.

I was just joking with Jye. Im just used to however glorious a given offering may be, someone somewhere!!! chimes in with, But what about x thing?!! And its often ridiculous. I see this mostly in other forums.

If I end up with more light up statues that work but have batteries, I will probably do that. I use smart plugs on my other LEDs (mostly lifesize Han in Carb and Fett's) and I'm able to turn them off while leaving all the other shelf lighting on, which conserves their life. What battery eliminator do you recommend?
I usually get them from amazon. I search for one that will match the batteries in the item, for example a 9V, AAA, etc. Not a specific brand. Like these below:
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=battery+...battery+eli,aps,94&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_11
To be clear, I'm talking about the 'big' batteries, D, DD, AA, AAA, C, 9V.
Don't know if there is a solution for the 'button' types, as I didn't look for any yet.

Last edited:
I usually get them from amazon. I search for one that will match the batteries in the item, for example a 9V, AAA, etc. Not a specific brand. Like these below:
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=battery+...battery+eli,aps,94&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_11
To be clear, I'm talking about the 'big' batteries, D, DD, AA, AAA, C, 9V.
Don't know if there is a solution for the 'button' types, as I didn't look for any yet.
Oh yeah, I've messed with one of those before for one of my life size Fett's before I realized I could easily convert a USB charger to power an LED or two. These actually work quite well. Not sure why I didn't put it together to maybe use them for my statues.

The Moff Gideon statue has convinced me to go with this as the one Ahsoka statue in my collection. Going to skip the Rebels version even though there are some things I like about it. Hopefully we see a hooded Mandalorian Luke from Sideshow soon.

The Moff Gideon statue has convinced me to go with this as the one Ahsoka statue in my collection. Going to skip the Rebels version even though there are some things I like about it. Hopefully we see a hooded Mandalorian Luke from Sideshow soon.
R.gif
I hope so, TurdFurgusonsHat

I don’t like that they can’t quite paint the white on her face cleanly without straying beyond the sculpted lines, even here on the prototype (left side of her forehead). Seen a lot of people post pics of their Rebels Ahsoka PF with the same thing, which would drive me nuts personally.

Yeah think I'm definitely going to need to get this one, as it just looks absolutely phenomenal. So would this be something we can comfortably wait to order until we see the final product? I'm not a PF collector but have noticed that the Rebels Ahsoka still appears to be available everywhere...

Yeah think I'm definitely going to need to get this one, as it just looks absolutely phenomenal. So would this be something we can comfortably wait to order until we see the final product? I'm not a PF collector but have noticed that the Rebels Ahsoka still appears to be available everywhere...

You can definitely wait until it drops, the ES on this will be huge.

This looks most interesting. i'm not even a fan of the character, and this looks interesting.

Were any of the other statues from this line at Celebration? If so, I cant find pix of them. [That Mando still looks ridiculous, sorry Sideshow.]

Attachments

• Screenshot-2022-05-29-at-12.22.28.png
    Screenshot-2022-05-29-at-12.22.28.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
This looks most interesting. i'm not even a fan of the character, and this looks interesting.

Were any of the other statues from this line at Celebration? If so, I cant find pix of them. [That Mando still looks ridiculous, sorry Sideshow.]
R.gif
don't say sorry....

Back