Sideshow: The Mandalorian - Ahsoka Tano (Rosario Dawson) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok now this aint cool!! She is less than the Boba PF, she gets cloth pants but he doesnt?!!! That is not cricket, not a bit.

Really pretty, I actually want her but for over $500 you have to be a fav of mine for me to pull the trigger.

(still grumpy about Fetts sculpted pants.....)

I think she looks great, the only thing missing is light up features?
No thanks. I hate light-up features. It will eventually stop working and then you are left with a defective statue. No thanks.

This looks good to me. I love The Mandalorian, but I don't think I'll be getting this. At least not right away. But maybe if the production piece looks really good, I might pick it up down the road. Especially if her own show is going to be good.

It will eventually stop working? Lmao you can say that about literally anything. A light up feature would add a ton of presence.

Light-up features introduce a long list of new ways a statue can be "broken". Internal wiring channels, battery compartment, various wiring connections. So many potential points of failure - and you can't do nothing to fix them but complain to CS.

I don't see how "litterally anything [...] can stop working" is an argument. How can a statue without internal wiring, diodes and batteries/power plug "stop working"? As I say, I don't want this in a statue since I'd rather not live with the constant risk hanging over me that my collectible might drop in value due to some redundant feature that I turn on for a few minutes over the course of a year.

I don't see how "they're literally lightsabers" is a reason for them to include light-up features. Is your point that because the name of the weapon includes the part "light" that a statue rendition must then also include an actual light? Weird argument.

But hey, to each his/her own. I posted my opinion above and provided my reasoning. Your arguments are just weird...

I've btw owned a number of statues with light-up features. So my frustration with light-up features come from hands-on experience.

Count Dooku PF (weird flickering with light-up saber)
Darth Talon PF (saber lights up only a tiny bit at the hilt)
Shaak Ti PF (lights up OK)
Anakin Skywalker PF (also poor, and hardly noticable light)
Darh Malgus (flickering light, have to work the hand)
Thanos on Throne (weak and flickering light)
Iron Man Maquette (good light)
Iron Man life-size bust (good light)
etc.

Light-up features introduce a long list of new ways a statue can be "broken". Internal wiring channels, battery compartment, various wiring connections. So many potential points of failure - and you can't do nothing to fix them but complain to CS.

I don't see how "litterally anything [...] can stop working" is an argument. How can a statue without internal wiring, diodes and batteries/power plug "stop working"? As I say, I don't want this in a statue since I'd rather not live with the constant risk hanging over me that my collectible might drop in value due to some redundant feature that I turn on for a few minutes over the course of a year.

I don't see how "they're literally lightsabers" is a reason for them to include light-up features. Is your point that because the name of the weapon includes the part "light" that a statue rendition must then also include an actual light? Weird argument.

But hey, to each his/her own. I posted my opinion above and provided my reasoning. Your arguments are just weird...

I've btw owned a number of statues with light-up features. So my frustration with light-up features come from hands-on experience.

etc.
I've had almost all of those listed and have similar experiences. I think of the statues with light up features that I have, only Dooku still works (and that's with a weak light). With that said, I see the point of wanting light up lightsabers as when they work (or for however long they work), it does add a lot of presence. They must be AC adapter versus battery though as that allows me to use some IoT outlet adapters to turn them on all at once. Also, Hot Toys has the all time worst light up concept: "Please, take apart this action figure and flip a switch and then re-assemble said action figure". Ugh.

I do get the want to have light-up features. As you say, when (and if) they work, it looks great. But it's that risk of ending up with a "defective" statue, a few years down the road, that ruins it for me. The quality of the wiring and internal components is down to the individual factories, but we all know where these statues are being made, and also the level of quality control there is. That's why I'd rather not have it.

No thanks. I hate light-up features. It will eventually stop working and then you are left with a defective statue. No thanks.
While I think a light-up feature is a very cool effect looking for a display, I agree with DarthChris; the feature will eventually stop working.

It happened with my Shaak Ti Premium Format after a year with minimal use, which was very disappointing. IMO it was money wasted.

So for me, it's No Thanks for light-up features; your mileage may vary.

I was very impressed with the very bright red color of the old Cinemacast Vader saber. No light there, just bright red plastic that looks like a lit saber. I don't mind electronics, but I rarely use them. I'd like the companies to make these electronics more accessible, to have buttons somehow hidden in the front of the statue, not somewhere in the back, where you hardly can reach, or a figure you need to undress to turn on the lights.

At the same time I don't like to keep (alkaline) batteries inside the collectibles, because they can leak, the only exceptions are rechargeable Panasonic Eneloops (AA & AAA), which don't leak. I don't have damaged lights inside the collectibles I own, not even in the old pieces like the first Vader PF, but their light is not as good as the new statues. That old Vader PF lightsaber has a single LED light at the base of the blade, and when lit it doesn't look that good, as opposed, for example to the Iron Studios Vader whose saber is amazing when lit.

Why not use battery eliminator and feed the light directly from the wall? They are cheap, and work flawlessly.
I use them for all my collectables, and display them permanently lit.

Last edited:
I'm down for light ups as well, my PF ROTJ Vader, IS Vader and PF TPM Maul (newest one) still work perfectly and I've had no issues.

I was hoping for Rebels Ahsoka to have light up sabers too, missed opportunity there.

Light up stuff looks cool when I first open something new but I find that I almost never go back and use those features. I have the XM Revan and Malak coming in next week. The bases on those light up but not the sabers and they were pricey statues. I do like light up as an option but not at the expense of making the sabers look weird when they aren't lit.

Light up features do add an extra element of fragility to these statues which can already be prone to QC issues.

It’s true that anything could stop working/break down the line, but when talking about Sideshow pieces, people generally speak more from precedent and past experiences than hypothetical.

When I sold off my statue collection, it took carefully disassembling and shipping out a statue to someone just once for the lightsaber to not work anymore.

And like others said, light up features are cool initially but I never use them after testing. Like my fellow collectors that fall into the preservation category, I don’t want to burn anything out.

etc.

I’m not sure why you were confused by that. Nothing lasts forever. With your mentality, why buy anything? All these statues and figures we buy have certain risks that come with it. If you don’t like the light-up features then don’t use them, but with the prices Sideshow and other companies charge for their statues they should almost always be included If possible. If it dies out or breaks then it would be the same as never having any to begin with. Besides, there’s tons of customizers out there now that can repair them if they do break.

I’m a big fan of light up features as I tend to turn on my Vader and a few others on at least once a week. But, I agree that they aren’t worth it, if they aren’t going to be done well and for whatever reason, many companies still haven’t figured out how to do light up stuff as well as custom artists I see online. Or rather, companies are just too lazy to put a little more effort in to doing the light up feature better.

I see someone like Morgan’s Workshop who redoes Iron man figures with incredibly bright lights, all wires hidden and connected to a touch sensor on the chest and the lights last for 22hrs on one 2hr charge. And they have another separate adapter for wall connections. But, yet a large company can only put a single LED bulb in a lightsaber that barely looks like it’s even lit up

Light up stuff looks cool when I first open something new but I find that I almost never go back and use those features. I have the XM Revan and Malak coming in next week. The bases on those light up but not the sabers and they were pricey statues. I do like light up as an option but not at the expense of making the sabers look weird when they aren't lit.

Ooooooo be sure to post pix cause those statues are fire

I’m not sure why you were confused by that. Nothing lasts forever. With your mentality, why buy anything? All these statues and figures we buy have certain risks that come with it. If you don’t like the light-up features then don’t use them, but with the prices Sideshow and other companies charge for their statues they should almost always be included If possible. If it dies out or breaks then it would be the same as never having any to begin with. Besides, there’s tons of customizers out there now that can repair them if they do break.

"If it dies out or breaks then it would be the same as never having any to begin with." That is really an absurd argument. So I should use that arguement in the future when re-selling something? When something breaks, it effectively detracts from the final piece. So my point is, I want as few potential detractors as possible. If you sell a car, and something isn't working, would you just say "Yea, let's just pretend it never had that to begin with".

Back