Sideshow The Dude 1/6 Scale Figure - The Big Lebowski

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the ebay compared to Iris. The ebay is a lot thicker and takes a lot more futzing to make it look decent. And the color sucks. While I dont have the sideshow one, I think it looks much better than the ebay sweater. Just my two cents.

Attachments

• 20220708_174659.jpg
    20220708_174659.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220708_174224.jpg
    20220708_174224.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 0
Finally got a day off where I could open mine. He’s been waiting patiently for over a week, and I love him. Lips are a little too pink which I’ll knock down a hair with a wash but probably for me the best capture of an actual actor by Sideshow to date. So fun to pose and just makes me smile the minute I enter my collectible room. We need Walter with his ransom bag of dirty underwear and a Folgers can. Will have to get those aztec pants they look amazing.
28F0F8ED-F07C-482F-9AB6-12305CE6ACF8.jpeg
FF8466BB-17B3-416E-886E-F08C3A69F199.jpeg
A25DC709-6473-46B8-88FB-B3E500A966B6.jpeg
4634FFF9-971C-4DFA-9469-3CC3F1604CB6.jpeg

Here's the ebay compared to Iris. The ebay is a lot thicker and takes a lot more futzing to make it look decent. And the color sucks. While I dont have the sideshow one, I think it looks much better than the ebay sweater. Just my two cents.

Thanks for the comparison- the colors on the ebay one definitely are completely faded and washed out.
Fortunately, that kind of "works" for the pajama pants... lol

The mouse pad is an easy purchase if you’re getting the figure in my opinion. About $10 from Amazon and it’s sized pretty well to go with the figure and looks decent for the price. It also doesn’t really stand out as a mouse pad and basically looks like it’s for the figure.

Here are my thoughts on this figure. I bought it thinking I'd keep most of the parts and sell off the rest which I am doing. Had I known though I would have likely just bought what I needed

Overall it's a pretty average sideshow figure AKA kind of bad. Don't get me wrong I'm glad they are picking up licenses like this I just wish it were not them doing it because their figures are so poor compared to not only Hot Toys but many third party companies. It doesn't help the Dude that there have been many custom releases for the last decade, though I'm happy they at least gave us an outfit we did not have

Overall 6/10

Head sculpt is really bad, from sculpt to paint and the likeness is veery off. the best IMO is Rainman's 2.0

Body/Hands - Pretty decent I always liked the SS indy body which this uses, joints are tight and the hands sculpted and painted well - great gestures Im using this body replace the one I had on my custom which was from Fight Club. I'm adding snow trooper fat suit shorts so he is thicker in the hips and thighs.

Clothing - The pants are nice but too tailored. I just stretched the hell out of them by pulling them every which way, way baggier and more accurate now. the shirt is fine and I like the color and texture of the sweater better than my Iris one but the pattern is inaccurate and the cuffs and waistband look crappy - so this is being sold. Like the shoes.

Accessories - Missing the Time mirror? bowling ball and bag are ok but presentation is off, I'm adding accurate labels and gloss coating the ball. adding some brown vintage weathering on the bag like it was in the movie. The White Russians suck they look fake and cheap. The stand sucks. I ****** up the glasses trying to tint them darker with Fit dye. it melted the frames. I think the glasses are a bit inaccurate in shape but the best we have seen. I'll get another pair and find another way to tint them darker. The color they picked makes no sense.

Overall really anemic in the accessories should have came with more

Will post some pics of where I landed soon

Why does the Dude have a Frankenstein forehead? I still like him overall, though.

The mouse pad is an easy purchase if you’re getting the figure in my opinion. About $10 from Amazon and it’s sized pretty well to go with the figure and looks decent for the price. It also doesn’t really stand out as a mouse pad and basically looks like it’s for the figure.
What seller has this for $10? Is the seller in China?

I guess I made a couple of mistakes in Ordering this. # 1 first I used the wrong shipping address, but I got a very nice CSR on the phone who straightened that out. # 2 I thought I had ordered the EXCLUSIVE with the extra. Not really much and I can approximate such with a toothpick or little bit of paper I guess. But it is something extra for the same price. # 3 I ordered from Sideshow direct. I see a couple of reputable eBay sellers have it for the same MSRP but no shipping cost and presumably no State Sales Tax. Also when I opened it the left foot was dis attached. It seems the circular portion of the foot where the ankle peg attaches is somewhat damaged. It can be reattached and displayed on the stand, but comes off again with any handling . Would it be better if I glued the peg in place ?

was thinking of buying the Aztec pajama pants off eBay. But now not sure they are worth $ 39.99. They don’t look that great .

I bit the bullet on the Aztec pants. They are a very nice fabric and the quality is great in hand, worth 40 bucks? I don’t think so, but I also don’t regret it. Now I just need to figure out if I want to dye the shirt he came with or find a purple one somewhere.

Attachments

• F6CB90DE-7387-4716-883C-849B39FFC1DD.jpeg
    F6CB90DE-7387-4716-883C-849B39FFC1DD.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 0
I had a credit to use at OneSixthOUtfitters so I had bought my Lebowski figure there. But STILL they don't have them in stock.
I guess Sideshow must hold back their distribution to other dealers so they have the exclusive first drop. Very annoying. At this rate, my extra stuff from China will get here earlier than the figure itself.

Back