Sideshow The Crow: 1/6 Eric Draven

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine and overall very pleased. Does it look like Brandon Lee, not at all. It looks like a young Rob Lowe
I will never see anyone else in that sculpt from now on.

It's The Lowe.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

(Cool figure -- the make-up goes a long way towards hiding SSC's traditional shortcomings in the paint department).

I will never see anyone else in that sculpt from now on.

It's The Lowe.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

(Cool figure -- the make-up goes a long way towards hiding SSC's traditional shortcomings in the paint department).
I know…me too and I have a friend that got mad at me saying it’s Rob Lowe in Crow make-up. Told me to stop saying it because it was ticking him off.
So, I said - I won’t say another word about it. But I did I send him this…..
5A7E23BA-3E85-4CAF-97D6-50D9AA0451BD.jpeg

He’s now sending his figure back to Sideshow. 🤨 I don’t know who they were looking at when they sculpted the head, but it sure in the hell wasn’t Brandon.

I know…me too and I have a friend that got mad at me saying it’s Rob Lowe in Crow make-up. Told me to stop saying it because it was ticking him off.
So, I said - I won’t say another word about it. But I did I send him this…..View attachment 605386

He’s now sending his figure back to Sideshow. 🤨 I don’t know who they were looking at when they sculpted the head, but it sure in the hell wasn’t Brandon.
They probably thought they could be lazy with the sculpt since the details are covered with paint.

Something about the sideshow figure is just not right. The coat is not accurate, recycled Myers hands, the sculpt (although slightly better than Hot toys) is off.

Glad there are options though!

Instagram @yondu.toys

Attachments

• PXL_20221109_100233206.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    PXL_20221109_100233206.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20221109_100537493.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    PXL_20221109_100537493.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 0
Yeah I like the figure a lot but I’m bias because I’m Crow fan so the “Rob Crowe” figure doesn’t bother me as much as some. It’s solid but that creepy smiling Hot Toys head which is from what 2014/2015 still captures Brandon Lee better. Sideshow still has a ways to go before they can compete with company’s like HT, DamToys, Threezero, even Asmus (LOTR stuff) or some of the third party companies that are putting out spectacular sculpts.

Man don't know why I'm so torn on this. I think the shortcomings outweigh the good parts of the piece, but I'm still having a hard time deciding if I should return one that I got locally.

For those with the EX, does everyone's guitar have marks/blemishes on them? Seems like every one's on YouTube does.

Man don't know why I'm so torn on this. I think the shortcomings outweigh the good parts of the piece, but I'm still having a hard time deciding if I should return one that I got locally.

For those with the EX, does everyone's guitar have marks/blemishes on them? Seems like every one's on YouTube does.
My guitar doesn't seem to have any blemishes or marks from what I see. To be honest as a first sideshow figure it'll probably be my last just due to hot toys/3rd party figures seeming to have a better value for the price and quality.Only reason why I got this was cause it's really the only crow figure out besides shilling out bookoo bucks for the decade old hot toys figure.Sideshow needs to do better especially for their prices they are asking

Bit the bullet and ordered this guy. In person, it looks a heck of a lot better than the photos. While I agree that the eyes don't really resemble Brandon's, the rest of the head sculpt is pretty good, and once on the shelf, with shadows cast over the features of the sculpt, it looks quite nice.

I may still hunt down a crumbling HT Eric Draven for cheap, just to have the other head, but I'm a lot happier with the SSC version than I expected I would be.

Attachments

• crow1.jpg
    crow1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
So it would seem that I have goofed.

Purchased SSC Eric Draven, with the intention of later replacing the head with the one from HT.

Today, the HT sculpt arrived, and as you can see, my lack of attention to the neck situation has left me in a pickle.

What are my best options for getting the HT head on the SSC body? Halp!

Attachments

• crow_ss_ht.jpg
    crow_ss_ht.jpg
    878.4 KB · Views: 0
So it would seem that I have goofed.

Purchased SSC Eric Draven, with the intention of later replacing the head with the one from HT.

Today, the HT sculpt arrived, and as you can see, my lack of attention to the neck situation has left me in a pickle.

What are my best options for getting the HT head on the SSC body? Halp!
You could just cut the neck, but before you do, make sure that body has a neck adapter and that peg can fit that sculpt. I was going to give my Myers more accurate vietnam boots only to find out those footpegs are stupid huge.

Watched the Crow recently again and what occured to be is what happened to all these cool characters. They don't exist in modern movies.

No movie characters, perhaps outside John Wick, will be remembered 10 years from now. It's probably that many characters have been neutered by the ongoing agenda. That is my best guess.

Where are the modern Ash Williams and the Crow characters at? Those that can be quoted and stand the test of time.

I think two reasons are the internet and meme culture. We're saturated with content and even the bad or mid-tier stuff gets a lot of exposure as memes if nothing else.

More characters and moments are set in stone, but each one is less meaningful. Whatever makes the 2010-2030 highlight reel -- the content that will truly stand the test of time -- will have to be extremely compelling to cut through all the noise.

We're saturated with content
100% -- there's a lot of stuff I watched over the first couple of lockdowns and I don't remember most of it. Even though I do remember a lot of it was good, I only remember the unusual standouts, the greats. And those are generally operating outside of the mainstream formula for entertainment and are no doubt harder to get green-lit.

Back