Sideshow The Crow: 1/6 Eric Draven

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, we all know you hate SS figures, and you are a Hot Toys fanboy.
SS has had lots of decent releases... all of their recent horror figures, recent Batman, Superman, Flash, Red Skull, Cyclops, Magneto, Wolverine... even the Jack Burton was very underrated.
Again, I'm not saying that Sideshow figures are as good as the better Hot Toys ones, but to suggest that all Sideshow figures are terrible is just flat out wrong.
If you go back and look at early Hot Toys figures like the Terminator or Colonial Space Marines and Ripley and Rocky figures they weren’t that great !

I sold my Hot Toys Crow ages ago, my very first Hot Toys I ever got. Adore the film, but the figure became dated. Was hoping someone would make a new one, but this ain't it.

Got excited when I saw the thread, then saw the pic. Yeesh.

Yeah I preordered, the price is a bit high but overall he looks great and he has better accessories that were lacking with HT release. This actually will be pretty decent.

Last edited:
My Hot Toys figure is probably my least favorite of my collection … ****** body, everything is loose, the neck is awkwardly long, the clothes are terrible … but I kept it because The Crow is one of my absolute favorite movies. Even if this doesn’t come out as well as the proto pics, it’s hard to imagine it would be worse than the Hot Toys.

This actually looks pretty good. Not a lot of natural skin tone for their generally sub-par paint job to mess up, so there's a plus. Not sure what else will step down in production. :unsure:

I'm going to wait for production pics to order, but it looks pretty good here. I like that they were able to include the guns this time, not happy about the extra charge for the guitar though.

Huh that's unusual right? I mean it's a nice looking guitar, but they're usually the same price.
From what I can tell, they've gone back to the old model from some years ago, where their exclusives were slightly more expensive than the regular item. They've done this with more recent figures/statues

Huh that's unusual right? I mean it's a nice looking guitar, but they're usually the same price.
Yeah, it seems weird that the guitar, which is a fairly generic looking piece drives up the price by that amount.

Last edited:
The best accessory they included to me was the katana. Just because in the comic Eric carried one on him same with some guns though they are scene specific it's great he has a small arsenal rather then just a guitar and that wind rod he uses as a sword in his last fight with Top Dollar.

Likeness isn't quite as good as Hot Toys, but as it's been said, it's a much more versatile expression. Hair also looks to be a more accurate length.

And the outfit is a massive improvement, from the coat to the pants -- even the sculpted boots look better here. Add to that the inclusion of several lethal weapons (versus a weather vane) and you've got a much more comprehensive package. Well done, Sideshow.

The best accessory they included to me was the katana. Just because in the comic Eric carried one on him same with some guns though they are scene specific it's great he has a small arsenal rather then just a guitar and that wind rod he uses as a sword in his last fight with Top Dollar.
agreed! You couldn't really do much in the way of posing with the HT b/c what did he really come with aside from the guitar unless you got the exclusive? With the inclusion of weapons and the guitar, you've got a good handful more options than before.

Last edited:
and he use katana too in the top dollar meeting.

My Hot Toys figure is probably my least favorite of my collection … ****** body, everything is loose, the neck is awkwardly long, the clothes are terrible … but I kept it because The Crow is one of my absolute favorite movies. Even if this doesn’t come out as well as the proto pics, it’s hard to imagine it would be worse than the Hot Toys.
It's better in everyway : better sculpted and likeness, the long hair, the body type, even the scar on the nose was here! better nuanced paint too... not to mention: finally he have the weapons!

The sculptor is from HT guys so it's a win!

Back