Sideshow: The Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection (1:6 figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cummon...it's sideshow...when they actually release a proto (lol) there is gonna be major bitching (likely deserved) from a more over priced shody product...mark...my...words...

I thought Warner Brothers new policy is not allowing guns packed with toys?
What's Harry's gonna carry instead 44 magnum? Harsh languages?

Or was it just DC toys?

I believe the sculpt at the top left is Preacher from Pale Rider.

Certainly looks like his hat.

yhst-138937403260171_2639_245762380

Wow, now THIS is what I want to see in 1/6. Happy this is actually moving forward, but since it’s SSC, cautiously optimistic. Would love a Gunny Highway.

I thought Warner Brothers new policy is not allowing guns packed with toys?
What's Harry's gonna carry instead 44 magnum? Harsh languages?

Or was it just DC toys?

I'm guessing that it's not a movie license, it's a Clint Eastwood license.

As obvious as it should have been, I actually wasn’t expecting The Man with No Name. This is great news! I may be forced to accept sub par sculpting and awful paint apps just to have a licensed figure of him in my collection.

Can't get excited for anything Sideshow related until their production photos comes out. Tailoring, sculpt and paint quality takes a nose dive when production comes around. Hard to get sold or excited with their prototype when it's 100% sharper and actually hand painted by 1 artist like in that teaser photo.

I thought it was a foregone conclusion with anyone who has any experience with 1/6 scale figure collecting that these figures would be mediocre at best and atrocious at, more likely, worst.

I thought it was a foregone conclusion with anyone who has any experience with 1/6 scale figure collecting that these figures would be mediocre at best and atrocious at, more likely, worst.
It definitely is but that doesn't make it less disappointing. Sideshows prototypes usually look great and it's just so odd to me that they're haven't improved at all over the years. Hot Toys has their own share of problems but at least they've improved from when they started and you know the quality you're getting for the price. Sideshow has increased their pricing while providing bare bone accessories and not improving production quality at all. It might have even gotten worse over time.

It's just a shame more than anything that it's what we should expect. Even Threezero, who's been in the 1/6 game less than Sideshow has done nothing but improve with each release while charging $150-$200 for their figures.

It definitely is but that doesn't make it less disappointing. Sideshows prototypes usually look great and it's just so odd to me that they're haven't improved at all over the years. Hot Toys has their own share of problems but at least they've improved from when they started and you know the quality you're getting for the price. Sideshow has increased their pricing while providing bare bone accessories and not improving production quality at all. It might have even gotten worse over time.

It's just a shame more than anything that it's what we should expect. Even Threezero, who's been in the 1/6 game less than Sideshow has done nothing but improve with each release while charging $150-$200 for their figures.
Yep…I would throw Asmus is as well as a great example of a company that has steadily improved and somehow actually kept prices fairly low.
I would lump Blitzway in with Sideshow.
Obviously much better quality than Sideshow, but like Sideshow, their prices have gone up while their quality has somehow gone down over the years.

Looking at the first production pics of their Peter Sellers figure, I don't know if I agree.
Yea, I wouldn't want Kaustic Plastik on this. Their James Dean statue was a mess with a lower drop in production paint even worse than what SS delivers and all their muscle bodies I've ever owned have been more floppy than Sideshow's. Maybe they've changed with recent offerings, but I just haven't enjoyed any KP products personally.

Looking at the first production pics of their Peter Sellers figure, I don't know if I agree.
I haven't seen those but I have their Rocky set that released last year and the quality is pretty good. Stallone doesn't look cartoons like Sideshow's sculpts that are supposed to be realistic.

Back