Sideshow: The Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection (1:6 figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The movie 'Brimstone' from 2016 is one modern Western I would definitely recommend. Guy Pearce was the villain in that one and my word, what a chilling and outstanding performance it was.
I have that one, but haven't watched it yet. Worth the watch?

Guy Pearce is excellent in "The Proposition" as well, and although technically not a western, he is outstanding in "The Rover".

Arrived. Amazing figure. Well done Sideshow.

IMG_20230417_232252.jpg

IMG_20230417_232338.jpg

In theory these should be my dream figures but I can't justify the price for these. Immaculate tailoring, but Dirty Harry gives me Ken-doll vibes and the Blondie face is way off. It looks like Josey Wales came out the most accurate.
Funny I think the Josie Wales looks the least accurate and looks more like a caricature

I have that one, but haven't watched it yet. Worth the watch?

Guy Pearce is excellent in "The Proposition" as well, and although technically not a western, he is outstanding in "The Rover".

Yes, definitely worth a watch. Uncomfortable viewing at times, it is brutal and unsettling, but one of Pearce's best roles in years. The proposition and the Rover were great too.

I wouldn't call myself a western super fan either, but outside of the Eastwood movies The Searchers, Shenandoah, 3:10 to Yuma, Mackenna's gold, Butch cassidy and the Sundance kid and Bone Tomahawk are a great watch🤠

Just go straight from "The Searchers" to "Bone Tomahawk" and then book therapy for the rest of the year :lol

Funny I think the Josie Wales looks the least accurate and looks more like a caricature

It looks the least "soft" if that makes sense. It's a little over the top, Eastwood's face isn't THAT angular, but it gets the job done. Maybe it's the paint apps that sit wrong with me on the others.

DEADWOOD!!! DEADWOOD!!! DEADWOOD!!! I'd also like to see Tombstone and Unforgiven get some love, but DEADWOOD would be epic - so many amazing characters in that series and an absolutely brilliant show from the early 2000s
It would be great if they made Al with a pull string talker.

Mine arrived today.
Sideshow really nailed it.

Don't like blank/netural expressions on figure so really like the scowl here, complete with cigarette.
Don't like removable hats that sit too high (they automatically ruin every figure that has it) so really like how it's integrated and sits perfectly here.
The characters costume is both simple and complex and all the elements work together here really well.

....I like it so much .... I'm probably going to have to buy the premium format. :D

Just managed to get this guy for $230 and thankfully don't have to wait any longer for the second batch. And I gotta say the figure looks pretty darn good overall.... except for that headsculpt, which I'm afraid just seems even more ugly and cartoonish in hand. And makes me want to keep it as much in shadow as possible. Lol

Think I probably have no choice but to give the OSK sculpt a try. I know it's another poor knockoff of the Trevor sculpt and just as caricaturish, but I at least see a lot more likeness to Clint in that. And there aren't many other options out there.

20230428_214904 (2).jpg

20230428_215011 (2).jpg

Just managed to get this guy for $230 and thankfully don't have to wait any longer for the second batch. And I gotta say the figure looks pretty darn good overall.... except for that headsculpt, which I'm afraid just seems even more ugly and cartoonish in hand. And makes me want to keep it as much in shadow as possible. Lol

Think I probably have no choice but to give the OSK sculpt a try. I know it's another poor knockoff of the Trevor sculpt and just as caricaturish, but I at least see a lot more likeness to Clint in that. And there aren't many other options out there.

View attachment 636834
View attachment 636835
I bought the one from OSK and it's significantly better. Only issue I have with it is that mine is weirdly sticky. Also the bigger issue being that it has a neck and this one doesn't, so it's not an easy swap. Still trying to decide what I want to do with it.

I went ahead and bought this cheap recast off ebay. I know it's the same OSK sculpt, but I was planning to repaint it anyway so this will save me a step.

Not sure if I'll want to use the Sideshow hat with it or not though.

s-l1600.jpg

I got the Harry Callahan today. While I have to admit that I love the figure I also have to admit that it's overpriced. But I guess that's the price you have to pay to have the right to use the likeness of the ex-mayor of Carmel, California. And make no mistake, people, Clint's greatest achievement was being mayor of Carmel, CA, although being an iconic movie actor across many films over many decades is nothing to sneeze at either. Regretfully, we are not going to be getting a Mayor of Carmel figure from Sideshow. Will Present Toys or Mars Toys or some other company step up and produce one?

His character from Rawhide would be a fun one to have. I caught a few episodes recently and it may not have been a great show, but it was his first role. And it would be kinda cool to have something from his wholesome, TV heartthrob years. 😄

View attachment 639338
Yeah my mum used to fancy the pants of Clint when he played Rowdy Yates. :lol

Yeah my mum used to fancy the pants of Clint when he played Rowdy Yates. :lol
Rowdy Yates, got me thinking about Mr Eastwood, Paint your Wagon, Clint sang ' I talk to the Trees, side B on the record to Lee Marvin singing, I was born under a wandering Star. As a boy I tried to copy Marvin's voice, gave me a sore throat. Time has passed and with some effort can just about do it now.

Back