Sideshow: The Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection (1:6 figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Body looks spot on. is it a new body by sideshow?
No, it's not. Same body they've used for a number of characters just with ankle extenders. To name a few, same body as TOD Indiana Jones, Nathan Drake and Ash Williams, but with double jointed arms and the aforementioned ankle extenders. Or, for more recent examples, The Dude, The Crow, comic Red Skull, Comic Gambit, Comic The Flash. They've been using this body for awhile. I think it's the production tailoring being quite good that's doing the heavy lifting.

Wow this is on that same bulky TOD body? It looks so much slimmer in photos.
Yup, same base body. Only differences are the double jointed arms, foam padding on the crotch and the ankle extenders on the Eastwood body vs sculpted muscle single joint arms and standard size ankle joints on the TOD Indy. Mythos Obiwan second run also has the TOD Indy body including the muscle arms. The Indy body isn’t really that bulky though. Just appears that way due to the sculpted muscle arms.

The body on blonde is very dated but I think overall, you can’t go wrong for $300 for a full figure.

Is it the best Blondie figure out there? Of course not but I think it is pretty dam good even compared to my$$$$$$ Trevor Grove version that is for sure

Still catching up on all the Eastwood movies I missed out on as a kid. I absolutely loved For a Few Dollars More and thought it was vastly superior to the first.

Outlaw Josey Wales was pretty good as well, but unfortunately his outfit was a bit too boring for me to want that figure.

Pale Rider on the other hand was pretty generic as a movie, but he just looked so cool and iconic in that outfit that I definitely need to have that figure. And right now I'm feeling like I'll be happy with just Blondie, Preacher, and Munny in the collection.

It is a little weird though how he seems to play the same character in every movie. Josey Wales was maybe a little meaner, but for the most part it feels like I'm watching the same guy every time. 😁

I really haven’t seen a bunch of Eastwood movies. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly is good. I also like Unforgiven.

Westerns are a genre I can only do so much of. Certain ones I like but largely I don’t seek them out. One non-western with Eastwood I do quite enjoy is Escape From Alcatraz.

Yeah I love the more artier modern westerns like True Grit and Unforgiven that really show just how harsh that world could be, but all that jingoistic John Wayne type stuff just does nothing for me.

In theory these should be my dream figures but I can't justify the price for these. Immaculate tailoring, but Dirty Harry gives me Ken-doll vibes and the Blondie face is way off. It looks like Josey Wales came out the most accurate.

Yeah I love the more artier modern westerns like True Grit and Unforgiven that really show just how harsh that world could be, but all that jingoistic John Wayne type stuff just does nothing for me.
I really haven’t seen a bunch of Eastwood movies. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly is good. I also like Unforgiven.

Westerns are a genre I can only do so much of. Certain ones I like but largely I don’t seek them out. One non-western with Eastwood I do quite enjoy is Escape From Alcatraz.
I wouldn't call myself a western super fan either, but outside of the Eastwood movies The Searchers, Shenandoah, 3:10 to Yuma, Mackenna's gold, Butch cassidy and the Sundance kid and Bone Tomahawk are a great watch🤠

I wouldn't call myself a western super fan either, but outside of the Eastwood movies The Searchers, Shenandoah, 3:10 to Yuma, Mackenna's gold, Butch cassidy and the Sundance kid and Bone Tomahawk are a great watch🤠
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is absolutely awesome.
I'd also recommend The Long Riders, Tombstone and Open Range.
And although I suppose they are not technically "westerns", I'd recommend Jeremiah Johnson, Ravenous and Dances with Wolves.

I do like the remakes of True Grit and 3:10 to Yuma. Hostiles is good too but it’s only part western. I mostly prefer more modern westerns rather than the ones from like the 1950’s when they were at their height.

The thing that's great about westerns is there are so many to choose from, often reflecting the times in which they were made. One of the things that makes them interesting regardless of when they were produced is the evolving themes are still influential today. If you only look at Eastwood's forays into the genre, he is one of the greatest examples of this. By and large, they still hold up.

The movie 'Brimstone' from 2016 is one modern Western I would definitely recommend. Guy Pearce was the villain in that one and my word, what a chilling and outstanding performance it was.

Back