Statue Sideshow Superman Chris Reeve PF 1/4 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is that his nipples protruding? If that's the case i mean...
I agree!

F08D47A5-201A-42D0-9008-6EF5FE158CD9.gif

It’s even worse in person. What a total fail on Sideshow’s part.
Agreed. I guess since the head is a separate piece, it one wanted to, they could commission an actual good artist to do a custom sculpt in order to replace the sideshow one. We shouldn't have to do that though.

Now that Blitzway is doing Keaton Batman, maybe they'll be able to tackle Reeve

Paint is pretty good, especially for sideshow. When you look at the paint apps on this vs their recent Crow PF, makes you wonder what happened to that. But man that headsculpt is just awful and really let’s the whole piece down

This looks like the artist sculpted Christopher Reeve from memory and didn’t have a reference.

I just can’t get over how bad that head sculpt is.

I think this is an honest review and I agree with the over all assessment. I purchased the statue as I have always wanted a Superman the movie piece as it has a holds a huge sentimental space in my childhood-like many of us. Upon receiving, whilst this isn't a grail, it is a nice piece.

For me its a tribute piece, based off of the movie and character portrayed by CR.

The problem is if you manufacture something based on the movie the expectation is a 1000% likeness to the actor which absolutely is not captured-the critics will not be short in numbers. I do see CR in there but the head seam is poor. The overall $600 price, the costume (is spectacular), the pose is perfect and the over all presence work for me and I am glad to own it.

"this is a respect piece" More like a disrespect piece with that headsculpt

"basically the price of a Hot Toys" maybe a 1/4 HT figure but not 1/6. Closer to InArt in some cases than HT when it comes to pricing.

If collectors are genuinely happy with it, I'm glad. But that video sounded more like a long justification for actually buying it rather than a review. Who was he trying to convince? Us or himself?

"this is a respect piece" More like a disrespect piece with that headsculpt

"basically the price of a Hot Toys" maybe a 1/4 HT figure but not 1/6. Closer to InArt in some cases than HT when it comes to pricing.

If collectors are genuinely happy with it, I'm glad. But that video sounded more like a long justification for actually buying it rather than a review. Who was he trying to convince? Us or himself?
I see what you're saying and I see what he's saying. I'm somewhat neutral on this. I mean it is a crappy headsculpt but you can at the very least tell who it's supposed to be. I mean for only $600 what do you expect? I've been on the fence on this piece but decided to wait til it's discounted because it'll definitely be available for a while. The only reason I'd get this is because I'd like to get a custom sculpted Christopher Reeves headsculpt with possibly rooted hair in the future. Other than that, what other Christopher Reeves Superman statue are on the market currently? I love Arnie Kim's version but $7k is retarded expensive, plus im saving my $ for JND's Cavill Superman😉. With that said, I'd agree that this sideshow version will do in the meantime.

The sculpt would be fine (as in worth the price, maybe, or on discount) without that headseam IMO

It's fair enough to pitch a piece to the non-high end market, but to do it with such a glaring issue is ridiculous

Back