Sideshow Stormtrooper: make him Shiny!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darthgothikus

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all
Looking for some help. I?ve tried searching (don?t know if it?s my phone but not getting any useful results!),
Seem to remember years ago when the first Sideshow Stormtroopers were released, people were adding gloss varnish to give the dull armour some shine.
Can anyone find links to any videos of this?
I?ve dug all my old troopers out and am going to go through, doing body swaps on the floppy ones so thought I?d ?spruce up? the armour while I?m at it.

Feel free to post up your troop shelves too! 😁

Many thanks
Colin

Colin, I remember guys doing this as well. I think it was some sort of "Pledge Future" floor wax. I am not exactly sure which one though.

It is good to see you posting here again, its been a while.

Last edited:
Hi mate, I often “lurk in and out” ��

I’ve got a bottle of Johnson’s Klear in the cupboard which has been there for years. Think I bought it specifically for this!

Wanted to see how people had applied, brush, dipping etc and gauge the results...

I believe the Klear is the UK version of the Pledge Floor Care or Future as Chris mentioned and should work. Airbrush would be the best way to apply it.
Although looking at your troopers they look pretty damn shiny.

Yeh, I remember people using Pledge as well. The Hot Toys Sandtrooper and Shoretrooper could both use this treatment. I remember someone did it to the Sandie and it looked great.

My troopers are a real mish mash! Sideshow, medicom, Marmit, KO, Hasbro!
Consequently there’s a wide variation in “shine”
Think I’ll try it out on a cheap one and see how it goes.... don’t have an airbrush so I guess it’ll be hand brushing... gulp! Hope my Warhammer painting skills don’t desert me!

Back