Sideshow Storm Premium Format 2021

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Storm Premium Format for 12 days 2020 ?

Yet another pass for me. Absolutely hate the Lee costume.

Yep looks like the Jim Lee costume, which isn’t surprising. Depending on the sculpt, I may sell my XM and pick this up.

Well ...if it's any consolation ...it looks like they toned down the puffy sleeves that the Jim Lee costume is known for. Looks like they may have toned down the shoulder pads, too. Perhaps when finally revealed, this statue might look better than the actual Jim Lee costume. Maybe?

1125x682_previewbanner_StormPF-1.jpg

Its going to be Lee... everything else is.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

That's actually the problem, everything else isn't. Colossus, Wolverine, and Emma are NOT Lee X-MEN PFs. Here we go again with sideshow mixing eras in their X-MEN lineups. Those pieces are more modern or Astonishing Cassaday inspired PFs. I was hoping we'd get a Astonishing/Cassaday Cyclops to go with the modern PFs. I would've also preferred another classic or modern Storm to go with the line as well. Instead we get rehashed Lee PFs after the start of a modern line. I do get that anyone who bought the OG Lee PFs definitely want to add a Lee Storm to their collection. XM offered an incredible 1/4 Lee Storm. Now there will obviously be another one. I wish I liked the classic OG Storm PF, but I don't. So, I'm stuck yet again waiting on another 1/4 Storm that I like because I hate the Lee Storm costume. Unless sideshow offers a variant of this Storm PF, I'm shyte outta luck.

That's actually the problem, everything else isn't. Colossus, Wolverine, and Emma are NOT Lee X-MEN PFs. Here we go again with sideshow mixing eras in their X-MEN lineups. Those pieces are more modern or Astonishing Cassaday inspired PFs. I was hoping we'd get a Astonishing/Cassaday Cyclops to go with the modern PFs. I would've also preferred another classic or modern Storm to go with the line as well. Instead we get rehashed Lee PFs after the start of a modern line. I do get that anyone who bought the OG Lee PFs definitely want to add a Lee Storm to their collection. XM offered an incredible 1/4 Lee Storm. Now there will obviously be another one. I wish I liked the classic OG Storm PF, but I don't. So, I'm stuck yet again waiting on another 1/4 Storm that I like because I hate the Lee Storm costume. Unless sideshow offers a variant of this Storm PF, I'm shyte outta luck.

I guess you're right.

To me only Emma resembles Cassaday. I see a mix in Colossus with Lee, Cassaday and Byrne. Wolverine is just a Sideshow take and probably my least favorite.

I would take a Byrne Cyclops just because they already did a Lee PF. I'd take a Marvel Girl while we're at it too.

As for Storm, I like black costume Storm as well but that was the last PF. XM Storm is a grail... they will probably go with that look.

I guess you're right.

To me only Emma resembles Cassaday. I see a mix in Colossus with Lee, Cassaday and Byrne. Wolverine is just a Sideshow take and probably my least favorite.

I would take a Byrne Cyclops just because they already did a Lee PF. I'd take a Marvel Girl while we're at it too.

As for Storm, I like black costume Storm as well but that was the last PF. XM Storm is a grail... they will probably go with that look.

The reason the XM Storm is a grail is because it looks phenomenal and has a total ES of only 420 pieces. XM Storm was made to order. So many collectors think the Lee Storm is the iconic Storm. If so, why is it that XM only had 420 orders total for her? XM certainly wanted to sell as many of them as they could. Their cap on Marvel statues is 999 pieces. If the Lee Storm is so popular, why did XM sell less than half of their max ES? They could've sold 579 more pieces of the XM Storm if collectors would've pre-ordered her and the costume was as popular as some people insist. Instead, 579 possible orders were left unfilled.

Storm was in her Lee costume in the 90's for a few years. She has been in some version of her black costume for decades. The Lee costume was a flash in the pan in her character's history. It's the black costume that has stood the test of time. IMO, it's pretty clear that her original Cockrum costume is the classic/iconic costume of the character.

That all said, I get why some collectors want her in the Lee costume. I just so happen to absolutely loathe that costume so I'm hoping this PF is some kind of modern version of Storm.

The reason the XM Storm is a grail is because it looks phenomenal and has a total ES of only 420 pieces. XM Storm was made to order. So many collectors think the Lee Storm is the iconic Storm. If so, why is it that XM only had 420 orders total for her? XM certainly wanted to sell as many of them as they could. Their cap on Marvel statues is 999 pieces. If the Lee Storm is so popular, why did XM sell less than half of their max ES? They could've sold 579 more pieces of the XM Storm if collectors would've pre-ordered her and the costume was as popular as some people insist. Instead, 579 possible orders were left unfilled.

I agree... XM Storm does look great.

Are you saying that if she was in another costume it would have sold better?

All newer XM pieces have lower editions since they changed the way the pre-order works.

Magik - 338
Spider-Man 2099 - 399
Thor - 499
Thanos - 350
Emma - 499
Colossus - 450
Deadpool - 400
Wolverine- 650

I think the amount of units sold has more to do with the made to order pre-order template and the amount of money they cost. XM statues are more than double Sideshow and harder to get.

Either way, Sideshow will sell out this new PF with a 2000 edition size in whatever costume they choose. Can't wait to see the whole thing!

I agree... XM Storm does look great.

Are you saying that if she was in another costume it would have sold better?

All newer XM pieces have lower editions since they changed the way the pre-order works.

Magik - 338
Spider-Man 2099 - 399
Thor - 499
Thanos - 350
Emma - 499
Colossus - 450
Deadpool - 400
Wolverine- 650

I think the amount of units sold has more to do with the made to order pre-order template and the amount of money they cost. XM statues are more than double Sideshow and harder to get.

Either way, Sideshow will sell out this new PF with a 2000 edition size in whatever costume they choose. Can't wait to see the whole thing!

Magik and Spidey 2099 are not nearly as popular as Storm.
There are many 1/4 Thor statues to choose from. Additionally, the recent XM Thor is basically a massive dio and quite expensive.
The recent Thanos is offered in a version A and a version B. The ES on both combined is 1349 pieces.
Emma, Colossus, Deadpool, and Wolverine have numerous offerings in 1/4 scale from sideshow alone. Whenever the market is flooded with a character, it usually drives down demand overall on new releases.

Now let's get to Storm. Originally, the classic black PF from sideshow was the only licensed 1/4 Storm on the market. Then came the ridiculous white variant of the Cockrum costume that had a small ES. It certainly wasn't going to pass for a proper Lee Storm. The forums erupted when the OG Storm PF was shown because collectors wanted a Lee Storm to go with the Lee PF lineup. Even though I hate the costume, I can totally sympathize with collectors that wanted to have a Lee Storm for their Lee lineup. Sideshow obviously didn't care what collectors wanted and gave us the classic black costume. Lee fans were left hanging with no alternatives. Along comes XM and gives us the ONLY 1/4 Lee Storm that every Lee fan has been demanding. Not only do they release a Lee Storm, they give us a Lee Storm for the ages. It's a phenomenal looking statue. Perfect portrait, perfect body, and sensational paint apps. This is THE Lee Storm statue every 1/4 Lee X-MEN lineup needed. Regardless if it was a 1/4 Sideshow or XM Lee lineup, the XM Storm filled the bill for both. The XM Storm was shown on all the forums and social media and garnered nothing but rave reviews. With all the supposed demand for a Lee Storm, you'd think collectors would line up to purchase what most people are calling the perfect 1/4 Lee Storm statue. Instead, a measly 420 orders were put in for it. For whatever reason, initial demand for it wasn't there. There was a disconnect for some reason. All I know is if the XM Storm was in her classic costume...OMG I would have moved mountains to PO that statue.

As for this new Storm, I believe you're correct. She'll move 2000 units regardless of whatever costume she's wearing. So long as she looks good, collectors will buy her. I'm also anxious to see what sideshow came up with. Even if they decide to go with a white (or silver) costume, I'm hoping sideshow does their thing and changes elements of the costume. If they just remove the ridiculous shoulder pads with the 2 large X's on the Lee costume for this PF, I might even waver a bit. Whatever sideshow chooses to do, there's a lot of Storm fans waiting on pins and needles for the full reveal of this PF.

Last edited:
All this discussion about this Storm PF is great and all ....but I want to see a damn prototype. SSC needs to show us soon!

Because it’d be too easy and too well thought out of Sideshow to actually finish a full team

Because it’d be too easy and too well thought out of Sideshow to actually finish a full team

It annoys me no end they haven't got their **** together from day one, not just with finishing a team, but being consistent with bases, outfits and scales

Last edited:

I honestly don't understand what the hell sideshow is thinking. Start up companies like XM are literally running circles around them when it comes to character selection. XM has definitely revisited popular characters like Cap, HULK, Magneto, and Thanos. However, they've also released characters like Black Bolt, Ant Man, Medusa, Moon Knight, Doc Ock, Kraven, Prof X, Vulture, Sandman, Beta Ray Bill, Ghost Rider, and so many more. This is all from a company that's been around for only about 5 years. Sideshow needs to get their heads out of their arses and get some fresh air to clear their minds. It's embarrassing to see a company that has had the Marvel license for such a short time dig so deeply into Marvel's character list.

Sounds to me like SSC is afraid to make mistakes ...or make duds.

Seems like they wait for reactions to B-list and C-list characters that other companies make ....and then make one of their own if the reactions to a character is overly positive. And on occasions they take a risk on a new character and see what happens ..like the Taskmaster PF.

Back